1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prime Time

Discussion in 'News' started by MikeWy, Oct 28, 2020.

1. MikeWy

MikeWy Well-Known Member

I was working so missed the live stream. Does anyone have an overview? I tuned in for a few minutes but seemed just like a normal game with two scoring zones and a new board, was there much more to it?

2. Neengash

Neengash VaudeVille Soul
    Aristeia! Warcor

Hello! I'll try to make a little overview of what was said (some things we already knew about

General Preparation:
    • "Prime Time" Token is given to the player who gets the most :2:rolling 3 :,:.
    • Clock wise, starting with the Prime Time player, every player picks an aristo, after that starting with the last player who picked, and counter-clock wise. (Being players A [prime time] B, C and D, picks would go ABCDDCBA)
    • Decks are build with the 10 general tactic cards and all 4 tactic cards from your aristos. (Advanced general tactics decks can be used
    They Decided to play an Scenario (5 scenarios are included in the Prime Time expansion) of which i don't remember the name ¿"Cross Battle"?:
    • This scenario has 2 scoring zones
    • First round Prime Time decides the scoring zones (which can't be the central one).
    • 2nd round and further one zone is decided by the Prime Time and the other by the player with the least Victory Points.
    • Scoring goes quite simple:
      • 3 Points if both your aristos are in a Scoring zone (doesn't need to be the same one)
      • 2 Points if one of your aristos is in a Scoring zone
    • First round characters can be deployed on any deployment zone that it's not a scoring zone - but not on the central zone - (even in contact with other aristos)
    • Character deployments works the same way the characters were picked, "ABCDDCBA"
    Initiative:
    • In Prime time the round initiative is decided using the same ABCDDCBA order. Each player when given the turn must place one of their initiative card on the initiative board (2 spaces for each turn).
    • Every turn In a round both initiative cards no the turn are flipped and the player with the highest initiative value chooses who acts first - in case of a tie Prime Time chooses-.
    Some other details:
    • Tactics that add dice to your pool befor a roll can be played to improve another players dice pool
    • "No!" General Tactic can be played in response to any tactic, even if it doesn't target you
    Extra:
    • "Take Breath" alternate art card will be a gift for the Prime Time Expansion and Prime Time Bundle if purchased on the corvus belli online store
    • It was said that in the future new scenarios will be published making use of the elements that come in the Prime Time expansion (i guess they were refering to both 1v1 and multiplayer scenarios).
    Unluckily they didn't play with any of the (in my oppinion) most exciting new elements included with the expansion:
    • New "objective cards" that offer new ways to score
    • The "Crazy coalas" that move around the map
    • The "Special spaces" that can be traps, healing points or even teleportation squares.

I belive that's all that was said :D

3. MikeWy

MikeWy Well-Known Member

Thank you for this summary :), I am glad they have put special squares and objective cards into the game as this is what I wanted. Look forward to hearing more about that, and the crazy koala sounds interesting too.

#3 MikeWy, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

It was Crossover Assault. And we hadn't enough time to show all, so we decided to give an overall view, for Aristeia! players and for newbies.

5. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thank you @Neengash for having sum it all.

I still have to watch it, but during holidays with children I have less time than when I'm working lol.
    Hope to see the full rules soon.

Neengash and MikeWy like this.
  6. Ealthril

Warcor

Official unboxing here :

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

*Free Limited Card
    Why do they keep pushing it? It's not a CCG to have any collectable value, there's no booster packs, you can't even get extra cards if you lose/damage the ones from core box.

8. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

There are players who appreciate the special artworks. I like them as well. It is a nice fan service.

I advice using sleeves from Dragon Shield and double sleeve the cards. So it is very unlikely to damage the cards.

-V- and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  9. moonpost

moonpost New Member

Sorry if you are on BGG and Discord and are seeing this same question, but:
    What are the Prime Time "Value Tokens" used for?
    I do not see any mention of them in the rules book.

10. Ealthril

Warcor

Hi ! It's regarding the special scenario in which Aristos give a certain amount of VP according to who they are when they are sent to the bench.

-V- likes this.
  11. moonpost

moonpost New Member

I see (finally), it is for the "Wanted" scenario so everybody can see the bonuses for each character. Thanks.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation