1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TAK - Thinking about logistiks

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by LeGweg, Nov 30, 2020.

1. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

Hi guys,

I was looking at the Muls and Kuryers with a great pain thinking that we do not have hackers in TAK to profit the whooping 4 guided units we can align in our army.
    I'm here to talk about how we could finally live the dream of covering our targets with heavy fire duty.

Logistiks
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    TRAKTOR MUL Katyusha MRL / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 9)
    TRAKTOR MUL Katyusha MRL / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 9)
    DOZER Rifle, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    TM KURYER (Total Reaction) Uragan MRL, Shock Mines / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 19)
    TM KURYER (Total Reaction) Uragan MRL, Shock Mines / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 19)
    DOZER Rifle, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    DOG-WARRIOR Chain Rifle(+1B), Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon. (0 | 24)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    COLONEL VORONIN (Lieutenant [+1 Command Token], Strategos L1) Rifle / Assault Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    SPETSNAZ (Surprise Attack [-3], Camouflage, Mimetism [-3], Decoy [1]) Heavy Machine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (1.5 | 38)
    SPETSNAZ (Mimetism [-3], Parachutist]) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 31)
    IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 8)
    STRELOK (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 20)
    STRELOK (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 20)
    SCOUT (Forward Observer) Ohotnik, D-Charges, Flash Pulse, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 30)

5.5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

How does it works ?

Defensively:
    -> Plenty of templates to give headaches to your opponent. If you already spent some orders, maybe you can even lay down some mines.
    -> Use the dog soldier to pressurize midfield. You got enough smokes in different battle groups to punish overextending.
    -> TR Kuryers. It looks like a joke but it's not. Don't cover large firelanes with them, focus on precise paths/gateways to force opponent to use orders coming to these B3 ARO pieces.

Offensively:
    -> Mark targets with FO streloks and Scout. If you go first, the scout can be a nice last piece to pull a surprise shot at a dirty angle.
    -> Coordinated guided attacks. Voronin puts you up to 5 CT. Use them to fire 4 guided missiles with 1 order and look at your opponent choosing wich one he reacts to.
    -> Spetsnazs are here to remove things threatening your FOs. The parachutist one could even stab the DZ of your opponent or unlock a messy situation.

Any ideas to improve this ?

2. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Coordinated fire guided shots. That sounds dirty, although a dodge response would be face to face with all of them

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

3. NauticalSoup

NauticalSoup Member

To put TR MRLs in perspective they're mathematically inferior to core linked kazaks on ARO in terms of actually landing hits, even accounting for the extra chance to crit. And I'm talking about the good BS 11 ones. The hits are a little nastier, but not nasty enough to really discourage a good active piece from punching straight through them, especially with that massive silhouette that makes it hard to snuggle into a favourable fire lane. They're also extremely vulnerable to hacking against which we have no defense. Whether or not this qualifies as a joke I couldn't say, but I think it probably situates them as the single worst unit in all of TAK and potentially all of Ariadna.

Guided coordinated orders are nasty but I'm looking at a sectorial list without a single link team that's using a revealed LT without CoC. I think it would probably be better shaving points out of the MULs to add a more conventional DZ defense, or at least get a CoC, or snuggle Voronin into a link so he's less likely to die. As it looks now I imagine every game will probably have the dog warrior, irmandinho and spetsnaz doing most of the actual work since, while cute, even coordinated guided attacks are still order inefficient since Ariadna doesn't really have any way to reliably target stuff on the reactive turn. The lack of sensor also kinda hurts - yes Voronin has it but without CoC or a link team (or ideally both) it's not going to be safe to actually use offensively.

And as Cabaray noted, the dodge works against the whole barrage so no normal rolls unfortunately.

4. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

Well. I would still include a link. Looks good on paper but very order intensive in 15 order max meta.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation