1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions/Advice for starting point.

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Ravness, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Ravness

Ravness Member

Not sure if this is the correct area to post this or not(sorry if not). So I recently bought the Operation Kaldstrom box set(I only wanted the 3 Zhanshis in it for proxy Keisotsus for my JSA) and decided to give the rest of the models in the box to my brother(with the intent of getting him into infinity as well). I did buy a 3 pack of older sculpt Zhanshis to replace the 3 I pilfered from the box.

I also got the Kunai Solutions Ninja and Liang Qai for him as well. In addition to that I have the Operation Red Veil starter and gave him the Yu Jing models from it(minus the Zhanshis as those too got pilfered for my JSA, lol), as well as the Yu Jing support pack, and Xi Zhuang from the dire foes box.

Then he went and ordered the Beyond Kaldstrom expansion.

Now for where I need advice/suggestions. I don't have experience or much knowledge of Pan-O or Yu Jing(other than buying stuff to steal Zhanshi's from) so I'm not sure if what he now has in the above mentioned stuff is a good enough set(wanting 300 pts that's competitive) or if there are some/any critical things he'd be missing and should look out for to pick up. I play JSA/Bakunin/Qapu Khalqi, so never really had a reason to look too deeply into Pan-O/Yu Jing yet on how lists are built so thought I'd ask around here for advice before I told him to go out and buy any more stuff.

PS-I'm not looking for lists, just to be pointed towards models that he might want to pick up and maybe a little bit of info of why/how they are good to fit in with what he has currently. Or to know if what he has is fine as is and not to worry about it.

2. SpectralOwl

REMs. REMs of all stripes. It's hard to overstate their importance in competitive PanO, and they're decent order supplies and utility for Yu Jing as well. YJ can substitute Kuang Shi if you don't like the REMs, and if you have a preference for hiding LTs instead of using active ones grabbing a Daoying Hacker won't go astray.

Xeurian and Ravness like this.
  3. Ravness

Ravness Member

Follow up to this. So we ended up splitting the cost of an icestorm box(I wanted the Reverend Healer for my Bakunin as she's the only Reverend model I don't have). So my brother ended up with the Pan-O starter from that set now as well.

In addition to that I had to order some replacement paint supplies and grabbed an Orc Troop 2 pack on sale for black friday(HMG/Boarding shotgun versions). He said he's gonna wait at this point and after I paint up his stuff and he gets a few games in then decide what he feels he needs.

I told him about the REMs, but he wanted to wait to see how mine faired in a game first(I bought 3 for my Bakunin, meteor, reaktion, and vertigo, but haven't painted them yet so haven't used them in a game).

Daniel Darko likes this.
  4. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I like your approach to play only with painted miniatures. :-)

Lawson and Ravness like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation