1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to start Ariadna

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by carey, Nov 3, 2020.

1. carey

carey New Member

Hi, like the title says. Basically I saw the new Mirage unit and went, “there goes my next tax return”.

so I was thinking vanilla with something like:
    Mirage 5
    HMG Blackjack
    Some chasseurs (for Haris)
    Scout minelayers
    Vet kazak

aaaand I really don’t know enough about Ariadna to decide after that. This is really just a bunch of stuff I thought looked cool.

I currently play JSA so I’m pretty familiar with up close and personal models as well as hidden deployment shenanigans. I like punch-counterpunch style armies and shell games.

If anyone’s got any suggestions for me it’d be greatly appreciated.

I’m finishing up painting my JSA and small ISS force so this would be my next project - working at painting what I have before I buy more. :D

Also I thought that there was a French sectorial in n3 but I guess they didn’t make the cut?

Abydog likes this.
  2. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

FRRM, and CHA are currently unavalible but will be re-added at a later date

i would suggest the t2 blackjack as well, its weapons are the gifts that keep on giving for for a good price.
    personal bias, all the dog units (warriors/ antipodes) are now good this edition.

beyond those standouts that it mainly depends on what you want to do.
    tak is basically low tech camo shell game, the best of the worst remotes in game and rare heavy hitter weapons like ohotnik and autocanon.
    usa has a consistent level of heavy armor that unhackable outside of blackjacks. last time i checked they had the most msv options. also they have unknown ranger
    im not familiar with the new sectional yet.

#2 dhellfox, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Abydog likes this.
  3. Axelius

Axelius Not a Rogue AI

Remember that you can't form a Haris (or core for that matter) outside of sectorials, the price you have to pay to have access to all the goodies that Ariadna can dream up.

4. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

White Noise podcast has an Ariadna deep dive coming this tuesday. I would say, pick up a starter with the models that you like and go from there. The starter gives you some line infantry to fill the ranks. And do flesh up your current wishlist to 300 pointsish.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Jukebox3113 and Abydog like this.
  5. carey

carey New Member

I’ll have a listen
    Perhaps USAriadna is the way to go. No reason I can’t just use the mirage as a devil dog, and two Blackjack sounds good. Plus there are some nice grunt profiles and I really like the look of marauders in a link with the unknown ranger.

6. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

@carey Mirage5 has new models coming out soon. I'd wait for them. The old ones really show their age at this point.

Abydog likes this.
  7. carey

carey New Member

Yeah, they are the reason I started this thread - they look amazing

Abydog likes this.
  8. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

Irmandinhos are a good option as well, as are speznazs. But they would not be US Ariadna, of course.

9. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

As a long time USARF player (as long as there's been USARF), I can say that they're VERY different than playing vanilla. It's definitely not a bad army, but the tools are not the same, so won't give the same play experience. Also, sadly, most of the USARF units are outshined by other options in Vanilla, so if you do end up playing Vanilla, you won't use the majority of your USARF collection.

If you want an army that's able to legitimately cover the board in camo markers, with elite fighters popping out from every angle, then you're going to want to go with Vanilla (or even TAK) instead of USARF. If instead you want tough as nails troops and gobs of flamethrowers, rockets, and shotguns, then USARF is the right place for you.

carey likes this.
  10. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Going to also add that USARF can absolutely COVER the board in AP Spitfires and AP Sniper Rifles. Marauders, Mavericks, Unknown Ranger, and 6th Airborne can all bring some serious firepower, and the Grunt Sniper is incredibly spammable (and linkable!).

You can also take 4 Foxtrots for coordinated-order place deployable to pop mines out at record speed, then put them all into suppressive fire and watch your opponent try and navigate the absolute mess you’ve made of the midfield.

carey, Axelius and TheDiceAbide like this.
  11. carey

carey New Member

I really build and collect forces based on the minis that appeal to me - for example, you can thank the voltron cat for my small ISS army, and the Neon Genensis tag for my not so small JSA army....

I may just keep an eye on Ariadna for a while and think about it. Though I do like building puzzles and it sounds like USARF can create a nightmare reactive turn net.

12. carey

carey New Member

Unfortunately I made eye contact with the new TAK action pack and it might all be over.

Is there a lot of crossover between TAK and Kosmoflot? My first glance suggests there is, and I was already interested in bearmoflot.

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  13. Alri

Alri Well-Known Member
    Warcor

There is the obvious crossover of the Ariadna support units: 112s, Tractor Muls, Dozers and Wardrivers. For more sektorial specific units the Frontoviks, Irmandinhos, Kazak Dokor and Pavel McMannus are present in both sectorials.

TAK is probably the best way to start with Ariadna for now. Nearly all units in TAK have new sculpts and the sectorial is almost fully released (model wise). Then you can slowly jump to Kosmoflot as the Kosmoflot releases will apear during 2021 and picking the other sectorial stuff present in the Kosmoflot in meantime.

carey likes this.
  14. Axelius

Axelius Not a Rogue AI

Also, until Kosmoflot gets released next year TAK is probably the best to use for proxying most of the new Kosmoflot units, going by the designs we've seen. Lines as Rokots, Streloks and Scouts as Zenit. Vassily and Veterans as Volkolaks.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation