1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loup garous deserve better

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by MATRAKA14, Nov 19, 2020.

1. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As the title says I think this unit deserves a better treatment, it feels like they have just pushed it through the N4 calculator, increased the CC to not make it cheaper and call it done.

Loup garou should be more exotic than that.

The sniper + X visor is a relic from N2 it makes no sense since N3 and still doesn't in N4. It should be changed with anything else just for the sniper.

Sadly stun grenades are gone, but at the very least they should have light riot stopers (because they are riot police) or regular grenades, or anything not lethal that could fit.

Same for the grenade launcher, at least it's still there, I think the only way to make it non lethal in N4 is with E/M ammunition.

I don't know but when I got into infinity the game felt high quality and everything had a reason to exist or at the very least they tried to make all pieces fit together. They didn't succeed every time but at least they tried.

LaughinGod and Foxep like this.
  2. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

There's no point giving them riotstoppers.
    One of their main jobs is taking down rogue wolfies - which are immune to non-lethal weapons anyway (which riotstoppers are).

3. MATRAKA14

They are riot police in general not only for dog people, and they have viral weapons for that.

4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

They lost Stun grenades and became more expensive because of the nonsensical 14 to 16 CC change. It's mind-boggling.

MATRAKA14 likes this.
  5. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I don’t think it’s the CC.

Weren’t they MOV4-2 before? Everyone who got extra MOV payed for it

6. 1337Bolshevik

1337Bolshevik Let them eat repeaters

They were 4-4 LI. I don't mind the cost staying the same. You brought them for the viral rifle, the stun grenade was a fluffy whatever. The grenade launcher is improved as now france has a core, x visor grenade launcher like druze and starco do. Interesting option

Stiopa likes this.
  7. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

I'm still wondering why they removed stun grenades. Unlike nimbus, stun is still an existing ammo type. I was expecting them to stick around and maybe replace the nimbus on a few/most models that had them. For both the Loup Garous and the swc weapon Riot Grrls they were good close range ARO options.

The x-visor grenade launcher is pretty nice. But the targeted state not removing indirect fire penalties anymore makes it alot harder to use with no +3 range.

MATRAKA14 likes this.
  8. Ghost87

Ghost87 Well-Known Member

Anyone who expected much more than a simple N4 conversion has wrong expectations. Keeping these discontinued armys playable is pure fan service for avoiding bad blood.
    From a companies' standpoint they are exactly where they have to be: barely playable and mediocre because they have no interest in driving more players to start them. They are discontinued, CB does not make much money with them. Main source of miniatures, at least for long-discontinued ones like MRRF are from sell-outs of existing collections or just using existing miniatures from other factions.
    In case they bring those discontinued sectionals back, and I think they will because CB is just rotating between those over time, it makes sense that they are barely on life-support. The greater the impact will be when presenting the all new shiny ones.

#8 Ghost87, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Mogra and wuji like this.
  9. MATRAKA14

Sadly I was expecting just that, in fact two friends and me guessed all the changes for this troop including the CC part. But that doesn't mean I'm happy with the decision.

MRRF has been in a bad spot since what now? 8 years? Or even since release? The miniatures cost money as the ones from any other army, and now Usarf is getting closer and closer to the MRRF state. Just because I choosed to play this army instead of combined army doesn't mean my miniatures should be less valuable getting poor life support instead of updates.

I'm aware of the situation but I started to play infinity because I had enough with other companies doing this kind of practices, and if corvus decides to continue in this direction I will just spend my time playing other games.

10. McKaptain

McKaptain Well-Known Member

I have used MRRF exclusively for the last year or so. I ran a dual sniper, BS, and dual Viral Rifle LG core. It worked well enough for me. With the changes, I think I’ll be switching to a dual Biscards with Moblot Lt, Engineer, and Paramedic Core. If/When both Biscards die, I can reforge they Moblots into their own core and they can tromp off to capture objectives.

I’m sad that LG are not really going to be a good option anymore, but Ibthink I now have a much better core option overall. For only 24 more points and 1SWC I think it’s a good trade.

11. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

The targeted state does remove the indirect fire penalties. The rule is in "BS attack", not in "indirect fire" or "targeted" as you would have thought...

Getting mixed up with guided... [emoji19]

#11 coleslaw, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Sounds like you’re getting mixed up with BS Attack (Guided).

coleslaw likes this.
  13. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Guess who got brand new mini? Margot and Duroc :D
    Who says they don't support them?...oh wait, they were moved to another sectorial too, ahahah

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation