1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacked while dismounting

Discussion in 'Rules' started by QueensGambit, Nov 9, 2020.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I activate my piloted TAG and declare Move. Opponent AROs with Oblivion. For my second action, I dismount and move the pilot.

In Resolution, the hack succeeds and the TAG is Isolated.

1. Is the pilot isolated? The Pilot rule says "When Dismounting from a TAG or Vehicle, any Game States that the TAG or Vehicle was in will also be applied to the Pilot (if applicable), with the exception of Unconscious." But I'm not sure whether the TAG was in the isolated state when the pilot dismounted. Does the all-at-once rule apply here?

2. If (1) was "yes," then what if the hacking program was Carbonite? Is the pilot immobilized, despite not being hackable? Or does the "if applicable" qualification in the above rule mean that the pilot doesn't suffer the effect that's only applied to hackable targets?

(I am picturing a turn 3 run on a supply box where you want to use the TAG's extra movement to get as close as possible to the box before the pilot jumps out to grab it.)

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

You can't Dismount as the second action.

Both Oblivion and Carbonite are invalid AROs vs all Pilots (which are all LI).

That rule exists pretty much solely to resolve these sorts of problems.

chromedog likes this.
  3. QueensGambit

Cool, that solves that one!

@ijw , I would suggest that this restriction should be in the Pilot section of the wiki. It's currently only in the General Movement Rules. The Pilot rule just says "By performing any Skill with the Movement Label, Pilots may Mount or Dismount their own Vehicle or TAG, and only their own Vehicle or TAG (see the General Movement Rules)" which makes it appear that you can dismount on your second action.

Mahtamori and Willen like this.
  4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It's unlikely to be added to all the different pages that involve Mount/Dismount, because as you've already quoted, they say that you need to follow the General Movement Rules. Because that's where the Mount/Dismount rules are.

chromedog likes this.
  5. QueensGambit

Up to you, of course. My user feedback is that the way it's currently written doesn't inform the reader that they need to check the General Movement Rules. By giving what appears to be a description of how mounting and dismounting works, followed by "(see the GMRs)," it gives the impression that it's restating what's in the GMRs. The reader doesn't know that the GMRs in fact add an extra restriction to what the Pilot rule says can be done.

It makes sense not to repeat the rule in multiple places, so my suggestion would be to replace the whole sentence in the Pilot rule with "The Pilot may Mount or Dismount their own vehicle or TAG in accordance with the GMRs" so that the reader has to go read the rule in the right place.

Mahtamori and wes-o-matic like this.
  6. ijw

No, it's not up to me. I cannot arbitrarily add or change content on the wiki. :-(

chromedog likes this.
  7. QueensGambit

Oh, ok! I misunderstood a prior post and thought you were doing wiki edits. My bad, I wouldn't have tagged you on the suggestion otherwise.

ijw likes this.
  8. ijw

I maintain/edit the wiki, but it still has to match the PDF!

chromedog and Willen like this.
  9. Hisey

Hisey Well-Known Member

Just a bit of a comment about this critique.

Ayaxs and chromedog like this.
  10. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

Incorrect, Szalamandra Pilots are Killer Hackers and so can be hacked. Pretty sure they are the only Pilots in the game that are Hackable though.

inane.imp likes this.
  11. inane.imp

Good point. :)

12. Omen

Omen Active Member

iguana pilot is a heavy plus all the remote pilots in the non manned tags are remotes

13. inane.imp

Iguana doesn't have a Pilot. She's an Operator.

Non-manned TAGs weren't Pilots either, I forgot they had been remade into a subset of Pilots as Pilot (Remotes).

This is what you get for being overly precise :'(

paraelix likes this.
  14. Omen

Omen Active Member

regardless of the name. do they not still follow the same rules when mounting or dismounting a tag? and they are all hackable targets.

15. ijw

For Pilot (Remote) like a Crabbot, yes.

For ‘Operators’, no. They can’t Mount/Dismount from their TAGs at all. They only appear on the table once the main TAG profile has been reduced to 0 STR.

inane.imp and paraelix like this.
  16. ijw

For Pilot (Remote) like a Crabbot, yes.

For ‘Operators’, no. They can’t Mount/Dismount from their TAGs at all. They only appear on the table once the main TAG profile has been reduced to 0 STR.

17. Omen

Omen Active Member

Good to know thanks

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation