1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"THE COLONY" Special Project - Scarhandpainting

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by nazroth, Nov 23, 2017.

1. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

[​IMG]

Hey guys,

For those of you who doesn't now me, nor "The Colony" - this is an Infinity gaming board project I work on since early 2016. It started out of fiew paper boxes, and evolved throughout different stages while I both improoved and switched out some scenery pieces. TLDR is something like this:

[​IMG]

The Colony's journey is not over yet as new stuff is added to the gaming board every few months or so. I decided to create this topic and put updates here, for anyone who would like to follow.

'If you want to know more' - there's an entire series of articles about this project HERE - AT MY BLOG/THE COLONY. Every step I took is there for you to see, along with some Tutorials and ideas for Do It Yourself scenery pieces.

If you want to go to a specific article, here's the actual list:
    “THE COLONY” SPECIAL PROJECT part one
    “THE COLONY” SPECIAL PROJECT part two
    “THE COLONY” SPECIAL PROJECT part three
    “THE COLONY” SPECIAL PROJECT part four
    “THE COLONY” SPECIAL PROJECT part five
    “THE COLONY” SPECIAL PROJECT part six
    “THE COLONY” SPECIAL PROJECT part seven
    “THE COLONY” SPECIAL PROJECT part eight
    “THE COLONY” SPECIAL PROJECT part nine
    [​IMG]

And some related Tutorials:
    TUTORIAL: INFINITY ‘DO IT YOURSELF’ GAMING TERRAIN
    [​IMG]

TUTORIAL: INFINITY DIY CONSOLE

[​IMG]

Reviews:
    REVIEW: GINGERMANE STUDIO WARGAMING TERRAIN
    [​IMG]

Next time I will have something new - will add to this thread ;)

Hope you enjoy it, all feedback is welcome.

Edster, Harlekin, timberfox and 11 others like this.
  2. Nincoreween

Nincoreween Macross Frontier Commander

I love the colors that you are using, and the tires used as walls and blocking line of sight is awesome, the colors on them are amazing as well. Excellent work!

nazroth likes this.
  3. Kay Wroshyr

Kay Wroshyr Clumsy Sekban

Love your work on the colony! It’s very inspiring to see how much a table can evolve and your vibrant colours and great scratbuilds are awesome! I recently bought a six pack of shower gel thanks to your great idea for consoles!

I couldn’t remember where I had seen consoles made with cosmetics packaging, so I’m glad you posted here so that I can thank you for the great idea! I might try to make mine look like cryo-coffins of some kind for my Haqq table.

nazroth likes this.
  4. nazroth

5. Brimat

Brimat Well-Known Member

Do you plan on making the ground more in line with the colors of the buildings?

6. nazroth

If any company produces a mousepad gaming mat in proper colours - yes, otherwise I'm happy with the current one. It makes the scenery stand out and works well with my armie's bases.

7. Edster

Edster Well-Known Member

Looks freaking awesome mate! @nazroth I love those towers!! I’m going to have to get some!!

nazroth likes this.
  8. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Towers are awesome. Neatly done.

nazroth likes this.
  9. hydra

hydra Well-Known Member

Awesome job with your table.... again.It is so funny, that you are reworking your terrain. I just re-painted my whole city table aswell XD

Do you have a public accessable place where you store all your images for the posters and stuff? If not, mind doing so?

nazroth likes this.
  10. nazroth

Thanks bruh. Progress it's what is important - a gaming board must evolve :)
    If you have any pictures of your table - please PM me some ;)

For posters: I assuume you mean the ones that are being used on the terrain. Most of these are Gingermane.eu designs, while he - being a friend of mine - rescaled and printed me some specials made out of this picture, along with some of the miniatures I've painted. These are all accessible through my website's gallery: www.scarhandpainting.com/gallery
    [​IMG]

All the other sttuff I make I currently publish here: https://www.facebook.com/BromadPropaganda/

Attached Files:

timberfox and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation