1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just me...

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Mahtamori, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

...or has Yu Jing's official miniatures gotten brighter and brighter to being almost yellow instead of orange?

2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Not to me, or maybe yes in some cases.

It's worth nothing that Angel doesn't paint that many miniatures for CB anymore, they are painted by "The Giraldez Team" so if there're multiple persons involved then that might explain the inconsistencies between the miniatures.

3. Mahtamori

I know the monitor I'm using has terrible calibration, but from Tai Sheng and onwards it's been more towards bright yellow than dull orange. Got a bit brighter with the IA releases after Wu Ming HRL, but still more orange than yellow.

4. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I don't know...

If you you compare the bright Zhencha:
    [​IMG]

to the much later released Yaokong Remotes:

[​IMG]

Then the Remotes seems more orange to me.

5. FlipOwl

FlipOwl Well-Known Member

Classic example of inadequate quality assurance policies when subcontracting paint manufacturers for military projects. Happens all the time.

6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

As someone who is related and close to several people who work in military administrations, I cannot like this post enough.

Chaserabinov and Dragonstriker like this.
  7. Mahtamori

The new joint uniform system will be hilarious for this reason, I'm sure. Can't go wrong bulk ordering the same system with 4 different camo patterns.

8. Stormygeddon

Stormygeddon Well-Known Member

It's not just you. They generally transitioned from Orange and forest green (with some occasional neon green camo pattern) to yellow-orange brown and jade green/dark turquoise but then the yellow-orange brown started looking more yellow-brown without much orange—like instead of Scrofulous brown being layered over orange brown it's just scrofulous brown it seems.

You can notice that the Tiger Soldier Spitfire/BSG were part of the transition still having forest green pants/cloth before Red Veil put them in line with the occasional ISS unit that had Jade. The armor does seem to be flipping a bit back and forth between the yellow-orange brown and the yellow brown, but it's not a completely consistent trend and it seems to depend on the painter a bit. Maybe they're following different recipes. It looks to me that the artwork is intended to be more on the orange side if you compare the Daofei on Kaldstrom's cover vs the painted mini.

In the end it doesn't really matter as you could paint them however your prefer, and the colors on the boxart itself is usually just parade colors and in lore they have camouflage color shifting armor for the techy stuff (you can read evidence with the Wu Ming's entry).

Mahtamori likes this.
  9. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

50_Shades_of_Field_Grey.jpg

Dragonstriker, Savnock and Axelius like this.
  10. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

There’s probably at least a little bit of variance from exactly how the color balance is set during photography and editing of the official photos.

11. colt

colt Novyy Bangkok merc

I have always seen and painted my Yujing troops in ocher yellow, orange is just a mistake hahaha

12. Mahtamori

I'm doing Scrofulous-on-orange-brown, but Giraldez has in my opinion always produced results that are within a close range of hues expected for each faction, except that one time when they forgot to tell him to switch to the new colour scheme on (I think) SunV2. I was just startled by how great the variance was to the duller orange that I'd become used to from the official minis, though I now that I think about it I think Pan-O has also trended towards richer hues lately. Might be the new painters who like richer colours more...

13. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Clearly a Hexahedron scheme to undermine Yu Jing national solidarity.

I mix my yellow/orange with pretty much each new model, so nothing is ever really 100% across the board for me. I don't worry about it too much, so long as it looks good.

Chaserabinov likes this.
  14. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yes

Dragonstriker and Mahtamori like this.
  15. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

In the Giraldez V2 Book the receipe was:
    Orange Brown
    Cavalry Brown for shading
    Scrofulous Brown
    Sunny Skin Tone
    White

On the YJ Paintset Guide it then was
    Orange Brown
    Cavalry Brown for shading
    Scrofulous Brown
    Ice Yellow
    White

Ice Yellow is brighter then Sunny Skin Tone, so your assessment is correct. :-)

Mahtamori likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation