1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dice-ember releases

Discussion in 'News' started by RolandTHTG, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

I think you mean a gender swapped Final Boss :wink:

https://aristeiathegame.com/characters/boss

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  2. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

that is from the EIC last year (I still have to assemble mine), was not released by CB, but by the TO. Nice and cool model, but sadly not "legal" in official tournaments

about the Fat Santa Yuan. Someone pointed days ago that there would be pupniks reinders and a lollipop moderator changed to a santa's elf with a cristmas candy cane... maybe that's why the price is so high, is a multimini box

3. Adra

Adra Active Member

I would like to see more "fat" models without needing the label of "fat." The odd chunky line trooper would be nice once in a while.

Xeurian, QueensGambit and Mahtamori like this.
  4. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I'm really struggling to see it, but 50 eur for what?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

For the cringe, Pulpi and direct trademark infringement on Sons of Anarchy.

Eh.

6. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Totally called it.

7. Bellyflop

Bellyflop Well-Known Member

I think it looks great. I can't wait to paint it.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. Direct infringement of the trademark in Sons of Anarchy? I think you see what is not there.

Because as much as they would like. FX does not have the rights to the word «Anarchy», not to the phrase «TOYS OF ANACHY», nor does it have the rights to the Fat Yuan Yuan logo (which is the logo that the miniature carries on the back)...

Mercs_-_Fat_Yuan_Yuan_-_-N3-_-Vyo-.png

[​IMG]

#108 Pettynyt Pelaaja, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2020
  9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Is "Sons of Anarchy" a registered trademark?

10. Nuada Airgetlam

I believe it is. And I didn't see "Toys of Anarchy" scribbled on the back, but "Sons", hence my remark. If it's actually "Toys", then it's not a direct infringement, but eh, IANAL.

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm fairly sure it's "Tubs", but whatever...

12. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

"Tons"...

Errhile, Triumph, Guardian and 4 others like this.
  13. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I just want the socks :(

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  14. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

So like, 3 Fat Yuans total?

ev0k and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Not mine. And too expensive for a shelf-mini in my opinion. To be honest I was not into the Fat Yuan Box before.
    The mini itself is good, many details a few nice gimmicks and cool socks :innocent:

16. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

The one in the Sun Tze armour with Bostria's head?
    That wasn't for a US event.
    It was for an Australian event that got unfortunately cancelled because of the plague.

17. Almost! I got three of the four letters right :yum:

18. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

For the LOLsATWTTB.

LOLs all the way to the bank.
    It's some kind of Combined Rica ruse:
    [​IMG]

Important, do you have to specify the socks size? Or one-size-fits-almost-nobody?

19. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

...I'm pretty stoked about the Defiance version of FYY, but the way he appears in the other minis has always been kind of off-putting for me. I'm a pretty big guy (~230 lbs, used to be 270), and definitely have some extra weight, but I'm basically broad/square and never really felt in the crosshairs about how heavy people are portrayed. I don't generally think fat jokes are about me.

The thing is, I keep thinking back to when a friend of mine was happy—like, almost moved to tears happy—when he saw how Mau'i was rendered in Moana. Really big dudes often carry extra weight, but that doesn't necessarily mean they look round or super-flabby, and it doesn't make them slow if they're in good shape. Seeing a media character who was obviously chonky but not just a vat of pudding with feet was really moving for him.

The FYY bust sculpture and the Defiance sculpt seem to do a good job of showing how big chonk types can be broad/rounded but still have bulging, visible muscles in their arms and legs. (See: men who do extreme weightlifting competitions.) The idea of a giant hefty space pirate airdropping is already goofy enough, he doesn't need to look like he rolled in fryer grease or like he's had the same shirt on for the last decade for him to be kind of a joke character. It just bugs me that almost all the characters in the game are very, very fit, and then there's this one overweight guy who's also coincidentally an unkempt greaseball. It's overkill.

It probably wouldn't be so bad if the game already did a better job of giving a variety of body types some representation; that's been getting better of late, and I appreciate it, but still. Let's see a heavyset Kum biker, or a veteran JSA NCO in heavy sumo-esque armor who is kind of rotund but formidable looking. How about an engineer who's overweight and looks like Scotty from Trek? Gigantic burly Druze with a support weapon? Curvy lady hacker on a motorcycle? Overweight, greasy gang lord HVT? I'd buy 'em.

tl;dr

Fat Yuan Yuan would still be a funny joke just on the basis of being a giant chonk airdropping space pirate, and he doesn't need to be greasy and gross to be amusing. Leaving that off would at least let him sidle into "kind of humorous but also good representation of big stronk chonks" territory. Trust me, big guys are used to being the butt of jokes for their size, it's mostly a question of whether the humor is good-natured ribbing or not.

20. Nuada Airgetlam

Yeah, agree wholeheartedly. Somebody of Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson's body type as a paratrooper would be hilarious, someone of Donald Trump's as one is just pathetic and insulting. The greasy stained clothes, fart-fumes from boosters and fast food are pushing the second one even harder.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation