1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Steel Phalanx Wishlist

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Iver, Oct 28, 2020.

1. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Honestly either give him a more dangerous version of a spitfire or more damage on his spitfire.

The reason is his cc is pretty alright. He hits things in cc really hard and while there are several models that can beat him in cc, his gun should be the answer. His problem is his gun no longer is effective enough against arm.

But if both versions lost frenzy and had ap spitfires or multi spitfires (this way to maintain v2 being a solid option). Or they both have +1 DAM and v2 keeps his ap spitfire + frenzy.

Just something to have his gun do more damage is my suggestion. And him having an advanced weapon like a multi spitfite would be cool, but +1 dam would probably be fine as well.

The Holy Knight and Methuselah like this.
  2. Sigeric

Sigeric Irregular WB

My main issue with Achilles is not his shooting, but his CC. Right now (1) he loses to a Chimera in a fistfight on average and (2) he can die or at least get royally screwed very consistently by a Domaru with a E/M CC Weapon. That's a 21 point model winning (or, for the Domaru, trading) against the (allegedly) deadliest incarnation there is. And he still dies to McMurrough in melee as well (happened in N3 too), and the big scot furry does have total immunity.

3. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

100% agree. This is a great point. Mimetism -6 and BS 15 is top tier but a Spitfire is no longer great in a meta that values armor so much. A multi Spitfire sounds good while not being OP. I'm less keen on +1 DMG because of how often I am seeing tags bounce HGM shots.

4. Iver

Iver Human Plus

MULTI Spitfire would be amazing

5. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

Tarik gets BS Attack (+2 Dam), etc. which means he’s doing more boosted damage with his weapons than a TAG in N4. I’m definitely hoping for some kind of something to bump Achilles up a bit relative to other characters. It’d be interesting (by which I mean “uh-oh funny”) to see him with Total Reaction as a deterrent to frontal attacks even when he’s reactive.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  6. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

I definitely agree with the general sentiment that Achilles feels outdated, I think total immunity is an awful skill to interact with so less of that in general is better.
    The CC was worrying to me when I saw the chart, Myrmidons are close to him in cc skill ( difference of 4 cc, bigger difference because it is numbers over 20 but still.) and for such an unstoppable force it shouldn't feel close, he does hit harder for sure, but it's not like he's at the top of the charts for cc damage either.
    Spitfire has definitely become a much less desirable weapon with N4, Multi Spitfire sounds very cool.

7. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Plasma spitfire: what we originally thought red fury was going to be.

8. kinginyellow

my only issue for a plasma spitfire is 2 pieces. one is lore the other is gameplay.

the first for lore is that plasma just isn't a thing that the human sphere has in spades and having such a new powerful weapon for Achilles, while does fit as he would be one of the first humans to wield experimental alien tech, just seems out of place. frankly an expensive tag for combined (or charantoid / anathematic) with a plasma spitfire would seem to fit better in the lore. a multi spitfire just sounds like an advanced newly-developed piece of human technology. Defiantly as we have seen an increase in multi marksman rifles recently and this would be really cool to show a new human advancement that isn't just "stole combined" tech.

the other is gameplay, frankly I am not super bothered by a multi spitfire existing. Geekos now have +1 burst multi marksman rifles with +1 Damage so they are just straight multi spitfires with a much longer name. I don't want anyone to have a plasma spitfire. That thing hits so obscenely hard with arm + bts + template that it is so heavily overkill. and while I would be over the moon to have it, as soon as someone else gets to wield that weapon, it would be absolute bull crap because it means I wouldn't be the only one with a (imho) seriously over powered gun.

that said, a plasma marksman rifle wouldn't be awful. same burst as already existing plasma rifles with just some nicer range bands. but +1 burst, +1 damage, better range banded plasma rifle is a bit to much imho.

Methuselah, Armihaul and Axelius like this.
  9. Dragonstriker

Reported.

10. Dragonstriker

Ok, K1 spitfire.

11. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

As much as 4 man fire teams are fun and fluffy I am not sure that it is 1 viable or 2 needed. I have been told by the old guard players that it was to off set ODD every where and all the smoke but with MSV 1 and 2 being more common in links and the weakening of smoke I think that the reasoning of off setting ODD does not hold up.
    Some shock immunity on characters.
    An HD+ on someone.
    NCO on the characters with that in there title...
    More range base AP options, currently it is just a Feuerbach and unlikable MSR and Missiles. Though Achilles in Hoplite Armor has the option of an AP spitfire. Otherwise our option is to run up and hit a TAG, done it but not the best way to kill them as fire hurts.
    Marksmanship on all Agema MARKSMEN

#51 D_acolyte, Nov 5, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  12. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Give Achilles V2 the TAG threadment: BS Attack +1 DAM and TacAware.
    Keep the Eno fireteams but find a shorter name, like Eno ;-) and make it easier to use (in N3 were only two chars for the Tora version).
    Make the NCO-Chars NCO!
    Let Eudoros and Thrasy wildcard.
    Keep the assault style. No hidden deployment in SP.
    Give us the MK4 Proxys ;-)

Oh I fear they will kick the Ekdromoi HMG ...

13. kinginyellow

Huh?

14. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

What were people doing with the HMG Ekdromoi? Just funky super jump angles?

15. Stampysaur

Stampysaur Wallace is my LT

Downgrading to parachutist and walking in next to their table edge. Then getting decent angles from there

16. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Achilles V2 with BS(+1dam) and TacAware would be a great addition. V1 still needs some love even with that however, he needs a better gun. 2SWC for a Spitfire is way steep, even on a bonkers statline.

17. Dragonstriker

For lacking enthusiasm for plasma spitfires.
    You and your sensible arguments regarding balance.

#57 Dragonstriker, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    Stampysaur likes this.
  18. kinginyellow

lol, fair enough then. report accepted xD

Stampysaur and Dragonstriker like this.
  19. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

Is Steel Phalanx the same thing as the Assault Sub Section? Or are those different things?

20. niSSin

niSSin New Member

Not sure to be fair. To my knowledge Steel Phalanx is the offensive unit of the Aleph.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation