1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bakunin, StarCo, some guys from Corregidor and a few random Miniatures

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Tristan228, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Since I can take some time today to upload all the pictures here. First of all I'd like to present you the whole bunch in one picture:
    StarCo totalklein.jpg
    As you might see already I was able to incorporate three colour schemes and base designs, one for the Troops coming from Bakunin, the other for the Corregidor Troops (these two are surprisingly close together) and the third for all non-Character mercenaries. So far in my own backgriund this StarCo army is consits of these three aforementioned branches, Bakunin, Corregidor and the Mercs of TriStar ltd. (basically all the mercs I own are working for this firm).

The Bakunin Branch
    These comprise the minatures I've had owned and painted before thus they served as the template for the Corregidor troops also all the remotes in StarCo's use are leased from there.
    Bakunin Riot Grrls.jpg
    Bakunin Support Crew.jpg Bakunin Remote Garage.jpg

The Corregidor Branch
    Here I was able to put a few nice conversions together in order to play the WYSIWYG Mobile Brigada + Sr. Massacre + Daktari Link and to have a Alguacil Missle Launcher without actually buying the single model from a splitbox
    Corregidor Alguaciles.jpg Corregidor Behind enemy lines.jpg Corregidor Mobile Brigadas + Massacre.jpg

The Merc Branch
    Yeah last but not least all the mercs, here finally the third colour sheme is introduced! Somehow the Irmandinho was quite frustrating to paint whilst I had the most fun painting Raoul, this guy was finished within a few hours. Another fun project was the conversion of the Brawler Doctor into the Spec-Ops, here I could build a Shock Marksman Rifle/Red Fury for her. Oh, and I did paint two Knaufs, I seem to like fruitless efforts...
    Mercs Brawlers.jpg Mercs CSUs.jpg Mercs Celebrities.jpg Mercs Raoul et al.jpg Mercs Ariadnans.jpg Mercs Anaconda.jpg

#1 Tristan228, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

More than a bit envious, nice!

Tristan228 likes this.
  3. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Really beautiful army! Well done! It must have taken you a heck of a long time to build all of that up!! Love the stripe on the brawlers trousers and the amazing Anaconda conversion! :-)

Tristan228 likes this.
  4. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

i love your brawlers
    colors choices and bases well done !

Tristan228 likes this.
  5. Tristan228

Warcor

Thanks to both of you :)

Also thanks! Well, it took me quite exactly 2 years since my first StarCo related purchase (all the old scale Alguaciles) till the last brushstroke on the last model (Anaconda) so I'd say it was quite fast compared to my still unfinished Bakunin army (Kusanagi and her Nun squad are to blame here for their damned robes!).

By the way, since I posted all of the conversions for the StarCo models in the conversion thread it would be dumb to not link them here as well. ;)

Time Bandit, Savnock, ZlaKhon and 3 others like this.
  6. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Great army! Excellent themes and colours.

how did you make the Anaconda Gun? I like the model but hate how it doesn’t include it’s main armament.

Remnar likes this.
  7. Tristan228

Warcor

The Gun's base is one of the Gecko's Combi Rifles. The Flamethrower case and Barrel extension were built from scratch out of polystyrene sheets / tubes and some thin wire. So get the right scale I took a picture of the Combi Rifle and merged that with the drawing I found in one of the old dossiers.
    [​IMG]

Jumara, Savnock, chromedog and 9 others like this.
  8. borisgreymenace

borisgreymenace killer heckler

the whole army looks great but i really love what you did with the remotes. the teeth on the vertigo is a nice touch and i think the tsyklons look phenomenal.

Tristan228 likes this.
  9. Tristan228

Warcor

My latest addition to the StarCo bunch:

The Al Hawwa Sniper:
    20201017_225248.jpg

Savnock, Abydog, coleslaw and 8 others like this.
  10. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Great Camo. I like it!

Tristan228 likes this.
  11. Merongrorn

Merongrorn Well-Known Member

WoW excelent!! My respect. :smiley:

Tristan228 likes this.
  12. Mannebein

Mannebein Well-Known Member

Sick army. Really well done to use such a varied palette and make it all mesh together.

Tristan228 likes this.
  13. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Beautiful work.

Tristan228 likes this.
  14. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Awesome work, very characterful and uniform :)

Tristan228 likes this.
  15. Tristan228

Warcor

Thanks y'all! :)

16. Tristan228

Warcor

So this special year made it possible for me to paint even more. This time I was able to finish the fellas from Corregidor I bought or got as a prize:
    Corregidor.jpg

I might be one of the few who actually like the current Moran sculpt. The Gecko is very special to me: back in 2016 I got the Gecko box as athe prize for my 9th place at the III Interplanetario. Therefor a special paintjob had to be done on this. I opted for an Octopus since that's not only one of the best foods one can get in galicia but also the template for our beloved mascot Pulpi. So just a bit more than four years later (or roughly 1.33 soon™) I had the time and motivation to paint it. The other Gecko lost its hand for my Anaconda conversion thus just one Gecko for my bunch of Misfits ;)

Gecko-01.jpg Gecko-02.jpg
    Gecko+Pilot.jpg

17. Tristan228

Warcor

Time to dust this off...

Yesterday I eventually found the necessary motivation to finally take pictures of my Bakunin Army!
    But first, as kind of a teaser, the assorted miniatures of Le Muet, Saito Togan, one Cube Jäger and Shakti:

20220730_170501.jpg 20220730_171529.jpg 20220730_170352.jpg 20220730_170416.jpg
    Le Muet and Saito were actually both painted for the, I guess, IV Interplanetrio which was played with the SOF extra whilst the cube Jäger became my first painted ForCo miniature and Shakti was painted out of the "necessity" to test my freshly bought Verdigris paint

18. Antares

Antares Well-Known Member

Just saw your pics for the first time. Really dig the colour scheme for the nomads. Also, as I myself am currently working on my Brawlers, I absolutely love yours! Great painting.

Tristan228 likes this.
  19. Tristan228

Warcor

And now the main act: my whole Bakunin force!

So let's start with the bread and butter units of Bakunin to the ones played the least by me:
    20220730_172850.jpg 20220730_172647.jpg 20220730_171815.jpg 20220730_171144.jpg
    Which are of course the Moderators, together with the Vortex Spec-Ops and a photobombing Woiffi. The bulk of them got already painted about eight years from now! Then we have the Morlocks, the Medicine and Engineering department and of course the trusty standard Remotes.

20220730_173155.jpg 20220730_173347.jpg 20220730_171436.jpg 20220730_172453.jpg
    No surprise to see the Zeros here. Bran isn't actually that often on my table and unfortunately the Prowlers became benched with the new edition despite they were the Unit that let me choose Bakunin in the first place and were basically auto-picks for my lists. Then we hve the Riot Grrls (which shouldn't be a surprise at all) followed by Fiddler who I usually link with the Grrls. Back in the last edition I had no good opinion about the Sin-Eaters but now the HMG Sin-Eater convinced me to be deployed more often after severl succesful turn-long shootouts with TAGs and else.

20220730_170851.jpg 20220730_173013.jpg 20220730_172605.jpg 20220730_172333.jpg
    Now we're in the realm of the bench warmers the most played of them are the Salyut (as the TR-Bot) and the Taskmasters (I wanted to try their new Fireteam). The Überfallkommando is as easy as herding cats and I rather run some Morlocks. And finally the Reverends... I mean playing them feels pretty catholic: it's suffering and pain and equals an actual self-castigation. In particular because the Reverend Custodia had a secure spot in most of my lists in N3 even as the Lieutenant in times of Killerhacker overflow.

20220730_170958.jpg
    Last, and therefore indeed least, the Lizard. I just don't have much fun using my own TAG since possession is such a nice state on my opponent's TAG.

But to end this post positive here is one of my favourite minis, say hallo to GoGo Marlene (I got her as a birthday gift from @ZlaKhon whilst on our first trip to an Interplanetario)
    20220730_171505.jpg

and P.S.:
    20220730_171316.jpg
    Mary Problems and the black Stempler Zond are my first finished Tunguskan Units :blush:

Thanks a lot for the nice words :) I guess since you're most likely playing the Druze you'll actually play the Brawlers' Doctor model? I converted mine ito a Spec-Ops which is played about as much as the Doc in StarCo :sweat_smile:

redeemer, Tcional, Jumara and 6 others like this.
  20. Tristan228

Warcor

And more random stuff:
    20220703_075341.jpg
    First the complete Defiance Crew where I tried to tie them all together by using the dark blue as their shared main colour (as if the jungle bases weren't enough :wink:). Qiang Gao got a special treatment, I molded his hemet to have him carry it on his waist.

20220730_170238.jpg
    And this fine woman got painted by me for a local painting contest. This was my first try with NMM-ish effects and in the end I got 3rd.

redeemer, Croepoek, Uthoroc and 11 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation