1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OctoBrrrrrr, it's getting cold! Speculation thread.

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Jul 27, 2020.

1. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

There is an ignore button in this forum. And yes, I only read half of the posts in this thread because of it. ;-)

xagroth, Pierzasty, MikeWy and 3 others like this.
  2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

I'm getting there.

3. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Are you new to the internet? Just kidding, but yeah I've been on kickstarters before where folks complained about updates being too frequent with nothing new. It's like when a kickstarter funds and then people start asking when the pledge manager will open, and then other people start complaining that it's closing too soon, and many other things. I have no way to know how MANY people are in any given field of course, just saying that some of the complaints are bewildering to me.

Defiance brought a bunch of folks with no clue about Kickstarter to Kickstarter, and also brought a bunch of kickstarter people to Infinity (the ones that wanted no minis option for example, just a dungeon crawler from some new company to them). Some folks thought being on Kickstarter meant it was supposed to be more interactive, but I've never really seen that outside of a couple projects taking general suggestions during discussion.

As I've said before, the main problem with such a project is setting expectations from the start. If they'd told you it'd be a monthly update and stuck to it, probably would have been happier than expecting weekly. It's not just CB, but I wish there was a "how to Kickstarter" book or something... maybe I should kickstart one!

sackofowls and Croepoek like this.
  4. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Haha yes, auch a book would be great. Afterwards you could do seminars for companies and gouvernment founded start-up clusters :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think most would realize this went further than it should be and I am calling to go back in a civilized discussion please, thank you.

Stiopa, Iver and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  6. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

There are plenty of how to resources for Kickstarter. One just needs to look.

CB has done fine with the Defiance Kickstarter. I was expecting my pledge in mid to late September, based on everything friends of mine have said about their Kickstarter experiences. Now, it's late November, and due entirely to circumstances under nobody's control. The one thing CB could do/have done better is perhaps updated us with photos of the painted minis when there is no real news to tell, just to let us know that they are still at work on it. I still have not seen the new Kusanagi all painted up, for example. Has anyone?

The real proof will be when we get our pledges and can evaluate the components etc. However, from what we saw in the unboxing, I'm highly optimistic that I, an inveterate boardgamer, will be supremely pleased... at least until I start to clean and assemble and attempt to paint all those minis. Then maybe some frustration will set in. It's what 42 minis, plus Agnes, for the Collector level. I normally paint 8-10 minis a year. What was I thinking? I hope to have everything at least base coated and ready for play when I can get together with my group again.

sackofowls, xagroth, Abrilete and 3 others like this.
  7. Vocenoctum

That would be cool, but you know what they really should do is provide a "how to assemble" guide. Most of them are pretty easy, I'm sure, and won't be an issue for Infinity players...
    But the Kickstarter has a bunch of folks that aren't infinity players and are used to preassembled plastic figures (if not tiles). A nice video for each figure showing how to clean it up and assemble it would be great for them.

What I suggested for some of the non-Infinity types was to just assemble and spray paint color coded wise so they could use the figures. :)

Btech was due in March, just got mine, Etherfields is also a March promise and due soon, Altar Quest was June/ July I think, and due soon. So not too offended. If anything, the stuff due in March is more irritating since there's no way they would hit March, pandemic or no. If they'd actually done their part, it might have even been ahead of pandemic. So Defiance being delayed doesn't bug me a whole lot.

8. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

this forum is crap

Bluefox likes this.
  9. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

I mean, the site’s a little bit weird sometimes and it would be nice if image posting didn’t depend on either luck or third-party image hosti...wait, you mean the forum posters. Oh.

Try being the change you wish to see? Or do something you enjoy more and stop torturing yourself if you’re that uncomfortable with it? Dunno, just saying, there’s options available.

Anyway, have a lovely evening. Night. Morning? Meh. Have a good one of whatever “now” is for ya.

xagroth, Berjiz, Teleute and 4 others like this.
  10. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

If CB doesn't do one, you, or someone, can and post it in the miniatures sub-forum. Maybe get it stickied.

Yep, and if they use a decent spray and a judiciously chosen color, it can serve as a primer/base coat if they want to add to the paint job.

11. Bostria.jpg

And your ideas, solutions, whatever, to make it better are ...?

NickNick, Pierzasty, Errhile and 9 others like this.
  12. miguelbarbo84

miguelbarbo84 Well-Known Member

Burn y'all to ashes and say sorry for those who didn't deserve it.

But we're so sensible nowadays that someone might get upset.

(Kidding you know)

SockLobster and Dragonstriker like this.
  13. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

Woah it even comes with hex wrenches! I lose those all the time!

Just kidding of course, I appreciate the photo. And Yeah me and my friend are weak on this one. I've been wanting that bill, I love the ye mao, and my friend would totally be down to run a jotum

fari and Golem2God like this.
  14. Vocenoctum

I made a simple video showing how to assemble the new terrain (Wildfire/Kaldstrom), but couldn't locate a simple free video editing software before getting bored. My breathing was irritating and I wanted to remove the sound, but bleh, too much effort. So I gave up.

So, I'm certainly not the best one to volunteer for such a project. :)

15. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Handbrake, my mate. As easy as clicking a single [x].

16. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

17. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

moderate it, so that people are punished for continually derailing threads, which would include myself in this case I suppose. Nuada and the weird cyberbullies that obsessively heckle him just continue to shit up the place and it's getting very tiresome

18. Completely agree.

I think they should have at least a couple more sheriffs, I mean. moderators, to be able to attend more quickly the escalation of tension in some threads.

Mob of Blondes and Stiopa like this.
  19. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

I don't think more moderators is the key, instead soft bans for a couple of days or weeks (and ultimately a hard ban) is needed.

Tourniquet likes this.
  20. And that's exactly what the moderators can do. If there are more of them, it is more probable that one of them will do it... imo.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation