1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing Fireteams

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

And sexier. There are few things sexier than ShanJi armor.

Give me more ShanJis CB! I demand it!!

Joametz likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Lets hope for no repeat of the last time they came out with one Shang Ji figure! Which means we wait about 8 years for the next one.

Willen likes this.
  3. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Well, we've got the hacker. Realistically, all we really need are HMG and HRL versions. All the other load outs are pretty pointless.

I would like to see a different model of HMG to represent the AP variant, though. Either way, it has to be a really good sculpt, because he's going to become a centrepiece of Vanilla and two sectorials. A model putting in that much work needs to look amazing.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

TacAware MRifle FO pointless?

AdmiralJCJF, BlackDiamond and Willen like this.
  5. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Shang ji box imo:
    HMG
    HRL
    Multi rifle sculpt that isn't hacker. Either plain, forward observer or paramedic.
    Tin bot, I don't want it since I bought Tai with little guy but forcing more Shangers isn't happening, and WB only players don't want Tai with their tin bot,so this is most likely 4th model.

6. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

But wait, think about a chibi Shanger with a shield! How cute would that be?

infyrana likes this.
  7. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Just seen that someone attempted a kick starter for a Chibi Shang Ji back in April - not sure how affiliated to CB it is though. But I'd be all over a chibi Shang Ji Tinbot with shield :D

Joametz likes this.
  8. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I think our best bet at more shang-ji are the alpha and beta booster boxes for code one. They’re to be 3 models each. I would expect a mix of units, but a Shang-ji 3 pack isn’t the craziest idea.

9. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Remember when 3 months ago, we saw the ShanJi render for CodeOne and everybody was "hell no why do we need a ShanJi it is a shitty profile and it needs to change a LOT for it to be useful in N4 but from the look of C1 that is not going to happen!1!!!!!"

And now we DEMAND a ShanJi box and ShanJisus is our Lord and Savior.

Joametz, Paegis and colbrook like this.
  10. Space Ranger

True but really it's 1 Shang Ji. Other than @Mahtamori I'm not seeing to many people posting lists with anything other than the APHMG.

11. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

I had some very good luck with HRL in core for aro. In limited insertion defensive core Shanger HRL paired with Haidao MSR did some nasty stuff. Depending on matchup I often keep one of the two in reserve to catch some juicy target with extra aro piece.

AdmiralJCJF and Space Ranger like this.
  12. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

I’m too lazy to look it up on my phone, but I definitely said I wanted a shanger box around that time, on looks alone, and would run them in N4 even if they weren’t particularly good.

I absolutely still intend to do that, and I’m gonna run fireteams with 2-3 of those suckers in ‘em and it’s gonna be ridiculous, and I do not care. Rule of cool.

Willen and Space Ranger like this.
  13. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

#TheYJForumExperience

14. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I totally expect there is no HMG in a ShangJi box, given the usual useless profiles that CB tends to put in boxes to make us buy blister later and then complain about SKU. ;-) (Daoying Hacker, Haidao KHD, Zhensha SMG, HMG Zuyong)
    To be fair, most of the box profiles got more useful in N4, but I'd still rather have the blister profiles in the IA starter.

I guess there might be mixed troop types in that ShangJi Box, if we get any.

15. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond My life is an uncoordinated order

Yeah, def agree, the TacAware seems actually really useful, particularly given how nice guided shots are. Plus, combining FT+Targeted+Good Rangebands lets you break 20 BS, which is neat, if nothing else

Also means powering through mimetism though, which is useful.

I'm guessing a normal MR, the HRL, and Paramedic, with the HMG being its own blister, yeah.

16. Jukebox3113

Jukebox3113 Highlander

Howdy, just getting into YJ as a whole, and starting with White Banner. So please excuse my ignorance, but can Jing Qo and Adil Mehmut form a fireteam duo? Or can Jing Qo only Duo with a shaolin monk?

17. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

Welcome to YJ! Jing Qo can indeed form a duo with Adil because Adil is a Wildcard in White Banner.

18. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Can they? Yes.

Would you want to? Probably not.

19. Space Ranger

I created a list of who can join what on the original post. This might help

Jing Qo Duo
    1 Jing Qo
    0 to 1 Shaolin
    0 to 1 Adil Mehmut
    0 to 1 Captain Gao
    0 to 1 Lei Gong
    0 to 1 Liang Kai (Counts as Shaolin)
    0 to 1 Shang Ji
    0 to 1 Tian Gou

As Triumph said, It might not be a good idea to take both in a Duo but you can certainly do it. She has the ability to Duo with a Shaolin so the Shaolin can give her Smoke to help her get up to do her jobs.

Jukebox3113 likes this.
  20. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

Who do people think Jing Qo would be best paired with and reasons for doing so please? I'm curious, one way or the other I'd like any excuse to have her usable even if as just a Monk proxy - that is, if I ever get a chance to have a game when things settle down a bit :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation