1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haqqislam in space

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Ashtroboy, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Ashtroboy

Ashtroboy Well-Known Member

Okay maybe not quite but I look at all the gritty sci fi scenery that people have and I’m not sure how to apply that to Haqqislam scenery which always seems to be very clean looking. Even the warsenal stuff is super clean and I struggle to see how to make it fit the infinity aesthetic.

2. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

There is no *one infinity aesthetic*. Each faction has their own aesthetic. From the grotty urban slums to the the clean (but maybe recently bloodstained) orbital deathtraps (In space, neatness is a thing, that unsecured coffee mug can become a bludgeon to the back of your head.) to the clean expanses of the Haqqislam sanctuaries and the brutal functionality of the Morat torture-dungeons.

Their faith has a thing about "cleanliness".
    Although "cleanliness" doesn't necessarily mean "no dust anywhere.". You cannot be dust-free in a desert (the dust finds a way). You can minimise the dust (it's the enemy of equipment and machinery, wearing parts out, so you keep them clean).

3. Nolimon

Nolimon Well-Known Member

I`ve bought the super cool stuff from Wildland with some extra Scifi scatter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wizzy, Engorn, SupersexyJohn and 5 others like this.
  4. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I strongly back up all of this.
    I know that usually a universe is usually graphically set with either super clean hit-tech (Red Planet, Minority Report...) or gritty low-tech (Blade Runner, Total Recall ...) but this kind of universal looks don't really stand when the universe is not limited to one culture. You can find a lot of mixed aspects in plenty of universe too (The Expanse, AppleSeed, Elysium...).

5. Biomckill

Biomckill Well-Known Member

You can see it this way: it is so high-tech that it is superclean... or you add some tech details so you can say 'hey, it is the usual stuff but with tech added'. When you think about it, the look the SW people developed for Tatooine is like that. They had to use the common architecture there, but they added some pieces (the famous moisture vaporators) that clearly say 'this is not a usual setting, there is something off'.

If you make cleanliness the priority, do not touch anything. If you want to emphasize arabic but scifi, add those details.

Maybe this can serve as inspiration and also this post in the TMP site.

#5 Biomckill, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    chromedog, Ashtroboy and jherazob like this.
  6. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

Where is this stuff from? Its absolutely the best Haqq stuff I have seen.

7. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

#7 Modock, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    SupersexyJohn and jherazob like this.
  8. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

One thing I like about this terrain is the fact you can do 90% of the painting with 2 cans of Primer. Then assemble afterwards. So its playable in almost immediately. You just need to weather it afterwards which you can do at a slower pace.

jherazob and Modock like this.
  9. Nolimon

Nolimon Well-Known Member

Biomckill and Ashtroboy like this.
  10. OCEE78

OCEE78 Well-Known Member

Nolimon likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation