1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baggage questions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by RobertShepherd, Oct 27, 2020.

1. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

1. An Arjuna with two Kiranbots, each in the unloaded state and in ZOC of the same probot, attempts to reload. How many Kiranbots can reload? (are the Arjuna and two Kiranbots just one trooper for the purposes of baggage?)

2. A Haqq player with three unloaded Daylami, each in ZOC of a separate model with baggage, declares a coordinated order to reload. How many Daylami can reload? (Should the baggage restriction on just one trooper per order be read as one trooper per order per instance of the baggage rule?)

Urobros, Scarecrow88 and Ashtroboy like this.
  2. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that they changed the polarity of the baggage reloading in N4. The troopers in the Unloaded state are the ones declaring the entire order skill to reload themselves.

Since you're doing it one at a time (per order), and the baggage model never stops being a baggage model, you can keep repeating until you run out of orders or troopers in the Unloaded state.

That, or trying to do a "reload" using a fireteam order, are pretty much the only possible reasons for having that sentence in the rules.

In other words, no, you pretty much deliberately cannot do a coordinated reload.

3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I thought my phrasing reflected that. Regardless - cheers.

4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

My bad, I didn't read your example closely enough to realize that you were referencing one of the "trooper + friend" groupings.

I'm going through the Peripheral rules and I don't see anything in those rules which claims that the controller and the servants are considered the "same trooper". They avoid needing to say that because in the Combat Group rules they instead say that Peripherals just don't count concerning the limit:
    Only those Troopers who contribute or spend Orders take up space in the Army List. Peripherals do not contribute or spend Orders, so they do not count towards the maximum limit of 10 Troopers in a Combat Group.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Multiple different baggage bots is an interesting twist on it.

► If an Allied Trooper is in Unloaded State (or has expended any uses of their Disposable pieces of Equipment or weapons) and is in Zone of Control of a Trooper in a non-Null state and possessing Baggage, the Allied Trooper can spend an Entire Order. The Allied Trooper, without requiring a Roll, will cancel their Unloaded State and regain all expended uses of all their Disposable weapons or pieces of Equipment This effect may only be applied to one Allied Trooper per Order.

You could try to make a case that if you have multiple instances of baggage, each individually being applied to a single trooper, doesn't violate the bolded part, but I think it's pretty tortured and doesn't hold up well.

6. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I don’t know. If you’re paying for multiple baggage bots, it seems to me that you should probably be able to use them at the same time. :)

7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Are the kiranbots Troopers? As usual, CB has not defined what is a Troop, but: we are limited to 15 troopers (pg 18, Army Lists), but they added a yellow box indicating " Only those Troopers who contribute or spend Orders take up space in the Army List. Peripherals do not contribute or spend Orders, so they do not count towards the maximum limit of 15 Troopers in an Army List."

So, yeah, it would seem that Peripherals are Troops.

Then, we go to Baggage entry, and as Solkan said, you are limited to 1 Troop per Order, so you would need (sans another exception that might pop up) 3 orders (I assume the Arjuna is using one of his profiles with Disposable gear), with the other 2 models performing "Idle".

This would depend on the "level" at which Coordinated Order is, or the RAI of CB.
    Personally, I'd say that line is there precisely to prevent peripherals from reloading all at once (and even Fireteams, depending on current/future wordings), but that a Coordinated Order is "over" that limitation (since you are spending a command token to "slightly multiply" the Order's value).

Problem is, this is just my opinion, but RAW would make it, at this moment and as Toadchild says, a no, you can't.

8. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I didn’t say anything about what I thought should happen. :-)

xagroth and RobertShepherd like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation