1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neon city project

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Usashi, Nov 26, 2017.

1. The only words I have for this project are ... I have no words :open_mouth:

Usashi likes this.
  2. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Wheres the gaming mat from?

3. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

@wuji This is something I designed for Zen Terrain but the gaming mat is no longer sold in the store. I still have the files but I'm not sure if there is a safe way to share them.

#143 Usashi, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    SupersexyJohn and wuji like this.
  4. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

First off, great design man. 2ndly what kind of files do you mean? Something I could get printed on to mouse pad material myself? If that's the case, let me know, I'll send you my email.

5. Noir Kara

Noir Kara Member

I’m working on Aristeia! Minis for a Roleplay perspective. Here’s a start from other genres mixed in.

Attached Files:

6. Noir Kara

Noir Kara Member

Taowu gets ready… image.jpg

burlesford likes this.
  7. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Stellar work, especially the crisp colours on the buildings. Do you have an advice on how to prep the MDF terrain so it doesn't soak up too much paint?

8. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Funny thing, I was checking the forum after a long time and to my surprise this thread is still alive.

@Knauf I was using regular acrylic sprays (more pigment heavy) or regular GW or Vallejo primers for basecoating.

Knauf likes this.
  9. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Use an enamel (but make sure it's a flat matte one - gloss is of no use here) primer to seal it (mdf/hdf) - that stuff will drink acrylic paints like water and just swell and swell and swell. You can then finish it using whatever other method you wish. I use a combination of rattlecan primer (airbrushing primer onto terrain is like painting a house with a #0 brush) and airbrush, more rattlecan, sponging techniques and even brush methods to go over the primer.

You just need to give the primer a couple of days (longer in cold weather) to properly dry before continuing with the painting. As always, take note of ambient humidity and temperatures before spraying with a rattlecan - they are rather sensitive to both.

Jumara, Knauf and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation