1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is number of reserve troops open information?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by QueensGambit, Oct 23, 2020.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

My opponent has first turn and first deployment. My Lt. has Strategos L1.

1. Before my opponent deploys, do I have to tell him that I have Strategos? (I think no. This is a change from N3, where you had to tell your opponent about Strategos so that they knew to not hold back a reserve).

2. My opponent finishes his deployment. I decide that one of my two reserves will be my Lt. Do I now have to tell my opponent that I'm holding back two reserves? (This is the one I'm not sure on. Traditionally we all seem to finish deployment by saying "I'm deployed, except for my one|two reserve(s), but I can't find any rule requiring disclosure of how many reserves I've kept back).

Methuselah likes this.
  2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I've also been wondering this.

Supplementary to the question, I've assumed that spending a command token to have an extra reserve is both public and needs doing during the initial deployment step, but clarification on that would be sweet.

inane.imp likes this.
  3. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

Information is public unless stated as private.

https://infinitythewiki.com/index.php?title=Open_and_Private_Information

upload_2020-10-24_0-11-21.png

upload_2020-10-24_0-10-47.png

As you deploy your lt, you are required to inform about strategos as it is not private information, but, you do not need to tell before that, so yes, if you hold your strategos lt and other trooper, you inform about having two reserves as you deploy them.

upload_2020-10-24_0-12-30.png

RobertShepherd likes this.
  4. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

About using a command token to hold another reserve

upload_2020-10-24_0-15-37.png

Note that it says that it must be done during his Deployment, wich ocurrs inside the deployment phase before the "last trooper" step.

upload_2020-10-24_0-16-13.png

RobertShepherd likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation