1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suppressive Fire via Command Token-Best Units

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Pflaumenmus, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Pflaumenmus

Pflaumenmus Active Member

Hello everyone,
    I would like to hear your opinions about the strongest unit in the game to set into SF state at the beginning of the game. Additionally I would like to hear your opinion about the unit that benefits the most from this new possibility.

I know that it depends on the situation too. But that's why I want to start discussions, to get my head more wrapped around this tiny new mechanic. Because in the few N4 games I've played yet, I didn't used it once.

Daniel Darko likes this.
  2. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

Mimetism(-6) HI or TAG in cover with no LOS over 24", if possible add MSV2, 360 visor and/or x-visor.

[emoji6]

For examples I would consider:
    Asura
    Aleph TAG
    Cutter
    Omega

All models should have support deployed to discover camo markers. If needed MSV2 should also be deployed to stop smoke warbands.

#2 coleslaw, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

If I had to nominate only one; Dasyus.

Hidden Deployment, Mimetism -6, No Wound Incapacitation and not hackable.
    You can set it up where you need it the most and spring a fairly annoying surprise on your opponent.

inane.imp and eciu like this.
  4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

CrocMen with their X-Visor are also the podium, but you are right that Dasyus's NWI probably takes the first place.

5. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

Risk with Dasyu is that it's easy to deploy in an unsupported position, I would probably prefer using a model in or close to my deployment zone.

6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

(Breaker or Viral) Rifle backward in your DZ to hunt any frigging DerpParachutist (the extra is in case of Duroc)

7. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Wait, are you saying the Dasyu deploys in Hidden Deployment and Supression Fire?

8. Pflaumenmus

Oh, I didn't knew that it's legal to put a hidden model into suppressive fire. How is that working?
    Or did you mean to place the model hidden at first and put it into suppressive fire (placing down the model) after your opponent deployed his models, so that you can check whether it's beneficial or not

#8 Pflaumenmus, Oct 23, 2020
  9. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Puppetmaster with rifle puppetbots. Gives you 4 suppresive fire troopers in your deployment zone

Robock, fatherboxx, Solar and 4 others like this.
  10. micawber

micawber Junkship Jockey

I have played the MMR Haiduk in command token suppression fire two times this week an hoo boi does my Ariadnan opponent hate him. He is very hard to dislodge, can be placed in the perfect spot cuz he brings his own cover and with MSV2 he is a nightmare for the smoke logging wet dogs trying to storm my DZ.

The placement is a lil tricky when using the Haiduk like this. You want to get at least 2-3 AROs on the big wolfy bois before they get into cc but you also can't put him somewhere with long firelanes since he will just get shredded from 24"+ away.

Still the Haiduk is an amazing tool at 22 pts!

Savnock likes this.
  11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Suppression Fire cancels Hidden Deployment. Hidden Deployment prevents your opponent counter-deploying

inane.imp and meikyoushisui like this.
  12. Pflaumenmus

What are your thoughts about Submachine Gun Mimetism Profiles, because I think they excel the most when in SF state, making them excellent at cost/performance ratio. Submachine gun in SF has the same range bands as other guns, access to AP and costs less.
    For example
    Chandra Sergeant Thyrasimedes
    Betatrooper KHD for extra resilience

Additionally I would like to ask under which circumstances would you rather put a model in SF state then strip the enemy's order pool by two? ( provided your enemy plays two combat groups)

Daniel Darko likes this.
  13. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

The treacherous humble ryuken is the best IMO. Fairly cheap at 26pts, packs an SMG for those sweet AP/shock ammo, X-visor for the range, and courage to be sure to be she'll be pain in the ass for as long as possible. She also drops a mine to cover various attack angles.

It's like this ability was made for this unit!

14. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

There are a few problems that prevent most things from getting massive value by picking SF over stripping 2 Orders.
    - you have to gain the equivalent of 2 Orders from it somehow, if your opponent can disable your SF by chugging a Impetuous Smoke at it that could be hard to achieve
    - you gain nothing if your opponent finds a way to not engage your SF piece, but want to start using it in your turn (TAGs seem likely candidates for this one)
    - your opponent can use his whole army to pick from for countermeasures, including Spotlight into follow up
    - you're forfeiting the security of a Marker State if you had one
    - Camo can just walk past you or you lose SF
    - new Shotguns mean something expendable can potentially B2 DTW trade your SF
    - new Crits make Rifle/SMG SF Skirmishers weaker against high ARM attackers
    - AD, C+ and SJ galore might lead to your piece getting engaged beyond 24" without being aware of the possibility

+ Counterintelligence in your opponent's list makes it better
    + 360 Visors give you a turret for your DZ to cover against AD and Parachutist (DZ)
    + Puppets give you a unique and expendable 4:1 deal
    + Proxies can set up an expendable troop you don't mind getting killed off
    + trooper didn't have a Marker State anyway

With the right troop or in the right matchup it can be well worth it.
    If I had to pick one over the other it generally it seems to be the weaker option compared to stripping the 2 Orders.
    For Puppets that would be inverted, I'd have to think of a reason not to SF 4 guys in favor of stripping 2 Orders.

#14 Teslarod, Oct 23, 2020
    inane.imp and fatherboxx like this.
  15. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

I had some success with a bulleteer on a roof (but I would do it only against LI lists)

16. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Hulang with CrazyKoala is easily one of the best guys for that job. Forward Deployment gives him more opportunities to deploy at an awkward angle for the enemy and his Koalas are keeping him safe from people who would try sneaking upon him.

smog likes this.
  17. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Hulang with CrazyKoala is easily one of the best ones. Forward Deployment gives him more opportunities to deploy at an awkward angle for the enemy and his Koalas are keeping him safe from people who would try sneaking upon him.

18. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Thrasymedes' infiltrator profile seems to be a fairly ideal target for this rule. The SMG is a great gun, and he's toting both mimetism(-6) and a 360 visor. Got decent armor too.

Berjiz and coleslaw like this.
  19. Lareon

Lareon Well-Known well-knower

The new Shujae is a good candidate for command token SF, imho: smg, mimetism -6 e forward deployment allow him to be placed near objectives and put a good head scratch for the opponent.

Cadwallon likes this.
  20. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

The best composition for puppets is 2 marksmans + 1 FO shotgun so its 3, not 4 but yes, they are the champion of that rule

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation