1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use Command token on Isolated order

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Lucian, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

In my local meta we used to consider Isolated trooper's irregular order 'locked' on him without any way to move it to Order Pool (since 'he is considered to be Irregular and it does not add his Order to that Turn's Order Pool'). All the way from the start of N3.
    I tried to find any wording proving it, but I couldn't find any.
    Here's the wording for Irregular Order:
    [​IMG]
    It does not provide orders to the Order Pool. The same mentioned in the Order Pool description:
    [​IMG]
    And here's description of Isolated State:
    [​IMG]
    The way I read it, 'considered to be Irregular and does not add Order to his Order Pool' is exactly the same as Irregular order description. If so, then there's nothing stopping from using Command Token on this order:
    [​IMG]
    Did I get it right? Can you use Command token to turn that Isolated trooper's Irregular into Regular in Order Pool?

2. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

This also makes me wonder whether an Isolated trooper could be part of a Coordinated Order with other Irregular troops.

Definitely could be a handy trick if they can, if you are playing Dashat, Ikari, etc.

3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

No, they can't for sure:
    [​IMG]
    (Troopers in Isolated State cannot take part in a Coordinated Order.)

#3 Lucian, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Xeurian and Savnock like this.
  4. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I think the fact that the isolated order gets outside the pool, means that, even if it becomes regular, it is still outside the pool because it is still isolated, so it will be a regular order that only that trooper can use.

Also, even in the case that the order became regular and entered the pool, that will not affect the trooper, which will continue without the possibility to get orders from the pool

Rot_Sechs likes this.
  5. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Thanks for the reply, but I can't see the image. Found it in the Isolated state description p. 158 though, "Troopers in Isolated State cannot take part in a Coordinated Order."

Good to know!

6. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

See, here's the the point - the irregular order wording says it's not added to the pool either (and the same with Lt. order). So, techically, it's the same thing.
    https://infinitythewiki.com/index.php?title=Orders_and_the_Order_Pool

7. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

yes, its the same, but in different places with different origins.

I think the intent is clear, that the only way to bypass it, is to shake off isolation, be it with a reset, or with an engineer

8. Kumatake81

Kumatake81 Well-Known Member

Where does it say that an isolated trooper enerates an irregular order?
    I can only find they are considered irregular, and there order is not added to the pool.
    Couldn't it be interpreted as:
    They create a regular order which is not added to the pool and therefor cannot be used by other units and cannnot be transformed wth a command token?
    Maybe i'm wrong because english is my second language

9. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

I cannot agree with this interpretation. The way I can understand it (and English is my second language as well), "considered an irregular order" == Irregular Order, no matter what kind of order trooper generated before (Regular or Irregular). It never mentions any "special" order that cannot be transformed (like in description of Tactical Awarness: "This exclusive Irregular Order cannot be transformed into a Regular Order by the use of a Command Token or other rule or Skill, unless they specifically state otherwise.")

Also, about adding orders to the pool. The Order Pool description says that it only consists of Regular Orders:
    "The Order Pool is the number of Regular Orders available to an Army List in its Active Turn. The more Regular Troopers in an Army List, the bigger its Order Pool."
    https://infinitythewiki.com/index.php?title=Orders_and_the_Order_Pool#Order_Pool
    So no other Order type can even be added to it anyway.

Still, "Transform the Irregular Order provided by an Irregular Trooper into a single Regular Order, substituting the corresponding Order Token for that Player Turn." does not say it adds to the Order Pool either.

But here's a part about Order pool and troopers that don't start on the able:
    "Regular Troopers that are not on the battlefield in the form of a Model or Marker, due to Special Skills, do not add their Order to their Order Pool until they start their Active Turn on the battlefield as a Model or Marker. The status and existence of Orders provided by these Troopers is Private Information. Regular Orders provided by these Troopers can be kept secret and out of sight of the opponent."

According to this, as soon as Irregular Order turns Regular it moves into Order Pool, and no longer available for isolated troop.

#9 Lucian, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  10. Rot_Sechs

Rot_Sechs Well-Known Member

This was discussed at length with the old n3 isolation. Apparently it didnt get the clean up needed in the rules. The intended and confirmed play was (and still should be):

- get isolated

In isolation:
    - only generate an irregular order for yourself instead of regular.
    - still generate all the bonus orders like ta, fury, bonus regular(avatar and maybe becomes irreg too?)
    - cannot recieve orders from anywhere else apart from himself, as the unit is considered to be seperated from the order pool while isolated.
    - the unit is still considered part of the combat group for slot purposes
    Repairing:
    - if an isolated unit that got its irregular order generated during order count gets "repaired" during that same active > that irregular order still doesnt change back into the general order pool BUT the unit can now be issued orders like before.
    - command token conversion is of no use on a units isolated-irregular order as it stays an irregular order turned regular that did not get added to that groups pool.

Isolated orders do not exist because of naming overlap i'd guess. But this is pretty much everything i can remember on how its meant to be played. Feel free to search the n3 forum or wait for ijw. Maybe things did indeed change for n4 but as the wording "does not add order to order pool" still exist i dont think that there is much room for error in what i wrote.

Lawson, Xeurian, Lucian and 1 other person like this.
  11. Rot_Sechs

Rot_Sechs Well-Known Member

I wonder what happens to fireteam interaction when you repair an isolated member after order count. My guess is: since comand token change of the irregular back to regular still doesnt change the fact that its a personal order means the fireteam would a) not be able to use that order in general and b) break if the generating unit uses it as its not a ta order or general regular order.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation