1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Wolf model is (almost) here

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Chaserabinov, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Chaserabinov

Chaserabinov Well-Known Member

2. EpicDiceFail

EpicDiceFail Patron Saint of Horrible Dice

3. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

That wolf head is gorgeous.

4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

5. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

So with Blue Wolf soon to be clawing its way onto the modeling table, how do people intend to use it in their lists? I'm debating whether to pick up one of these or the Mowang instead, does it compete alongside or instead of the Mowang and Guijia, or best kept in a completely separate list with different support etc?

6. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

I'd say the Mowang is cheap enough that you could run it in the same list as a Guijia or Blue Wolf without too much trouble, though you'd want to complement a Blue Wolf/Mowang list with some long-range firepower (or at least some way of dealing with a core-linked ARO). It does look like the Blue Wolf and Mowang have some overlapping roles (though the Blue Wolf is much better at fighting armor).

You could run a Blue Wolf and Guijia together, but you're sacrificing a lot to be able to do that. A more experienced TAG pilot would be able to tell you more about how to support them - all I know is that you'll want an engineer at the very least.

infyrana likes this.
  7. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Could do something like this in Vanilla. Would hit like a truck, but as noted above, long range firepower is a problem (a Tiger or Liu Xing could do work here, but you probably have to take a hit in your midfield presence to do that).

https://infinitytheuniverse.com/arm...CAACE3AEEAACGAQEDAACAoAEBAACAiAEBAACAogECAA==

Personally, as far as vanilla goes, I'd be more interested in FD Kokram or Hac Tao as a second-group supporting NCO for the Blue Wolf.

infyrana likes this.
  8. infyrana

@Paegis Thanks for your input!

@Weathercock I'd definitely be interested in your thoughts on Kokram / Hac Tao with the Blue Wolf. My interest is mostly for WB and IA with the Vanilla cross over, so Kuang Shi and Celestial's are unlikely to become part of my collection.

9. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Sadly, we do not have access to the BlueWolf in IA.

And no HacTao or Krit in WB, so the only way to synergize those troops is in generic YuJing.

Joametz likes this.
  10. infyrana

@Willen Exactly, I'm buying into the Kaldstrom stuff for WB and hope to pick up some IA models next month once I've sorted out some more trades - so yes, Vanilla will become an option :) It'll be good to pick up the lovely Guijia so that I have the TAG option to both armies, I'm just trying to understand the Blue Wolf model and its supporting cast so I can work out whether I want to invest the last few pennies this way or not.

11. Weathercock

Looking at Scarface, how do people feel about it compared to the Blue Wolf? They're very similar profiles.

For 7 points more (than the most similar profile, the AP Spitfire), the Blue Wolf gains +1BS, +1CC. He gains a DTW with B2 and B2 on his panzerfaust, and can dodge on 13s instead of 11s with an extra inch of movement. There's also Terrain (total), but that's even less important than it used to be, especially with Dazers being completely ruined. Also one Silhouette value smaller.

He loses -1Ph, and -1ARM. Furthermore, Scarface gets a -3 mod to enemy hackers and enemies in CC. Scarface is also a strictly better pilot by an immense margin, although that's not an enormous issue (although it is more notable for a closer range light TAG like these two, I suppose).

Scarface has some other interesting weapon options, and that certainly increases his versatility considerably, although I'll not worry too much about that at the moment. Point is, I can't help but feel that the Blue Wolf comes up slightly short in this comparison. Scarface does have to pay for his engineer as well, but she's a solid profile and well-priced to boot. I still think the Blue Wolf will likely be quite good (sucks to be me, but I probably won't actually mess around with him much until I have his actual model), and fully intend on making liberal use of mine once he arrives, but I can't help but feel that, for their differences, they should be closer than they are, be it one way or the other.

12. Khalipo

Khalipo Well-Known Member

I think that the point where blue wolf starts feeling overcosted is when compared to the new Hassadsin TAG.

13. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

You pay what you get for in the difference between the two. There's a considerable extra amount of rules and gear on the Blue Wolf over the Shakush. The Panzerfaust and DA CCW account for 3 out of the extra 13 points alone.

• +1 Burst on BS attacks
    • +6 CC
    • +1 PH (+2 on Dodge)
    • ECM
    • Dodge +1"
    • Berserk +3
    • 6-4 MOV (over 6-2)
    • Terrain (total)
    Probably accounts for the other 10 points

The Shakush is extremely slimmed down. It's missing even the basic ECM vs Guided every other TAG has. The Shakush is closer to an oversized 40mm HI like the Gecko, the Wolf is actually a small TAG.

The only thing that really annoys me for the Blue Wolf, at least in White Banner, is the fireteam options kinda suck. I'd like it to be able to Duo with the Jujaks to make use of a cheap tinbot, or drag a Monk along with it.

TBH that's actually a running complaint about WB that I have is the small fireteam options are really shit since the Tian Gou got badly nerfed in the edition change. The sectorial forced into being built around Shang Ji feels fucking retarded, they're an Invincibles unit. Them being forced into the prime role of White Banner instead of the White Banner units isn't good.

#13 Triumph, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  14. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

My gut feeling is that the Blue Wolf will be the new Guijia in N4. Best TAG model available on a profile you nearly never play. Will buy it anyway, because painting is also part of this hobby for me.

15. Weathercock

It's a B5 mobile bruiser that carries a flamethrower and can hold its own in a fistfight. He's no slouch, and should do just fine.

I doubt he'll see much use in White Banner, his fireteam options there suck and WB has devolved into the Shang Ji's side hustle at this point, but vanilla's broader toolkits should help it a lot.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation