1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4/C1 Token Design Questions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Lawson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

[​IMG]

toadchild, RolandTHTG and Iver like this.
  2. a very stylish piece of gear/clothing.... as you can see.

s-l500.jpg

3. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

I think It's still useful, to show an unoccupied bike. I don't want to have to remember that "the rider isn't actually still on the model", so a token to leave in place of the bike model when I dismount the rider will be useful.

Errhile likes this.
  4. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Speaking of motorbikes, is there a possibility for Booty or Metachemistry Markers? Those could be useful :innocent:

5. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I always laugh immaturely at "booty" - I'm sure I could come up with something :-P
    Is the idea that one would use specific tokens for each result as a reminder? How do people normally do it? Just write down the extras on their sheet?

Errhile and Mc_Clane like this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

You can spot former Warmahordes players when they write down the booty result with a whiteboard pen on the marker itself.

7. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Sorry to be late in the party but I didn't expect this kind of thread to be in this part of the forum.
    Anyway, just stopping by to say:
    Wow !!!
    You did so much here @Lawson I can't tell how impressed I am. Well done and thanks a lot for such quality work shared to the community.

Xeurian and Lawson like this.
  8. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, that's how I used it back in 2ed (when I made such tokens for myself).
    It was a mite off the target back then, as Booty (and Impersonation) allowed scavenging equipment from unconscious enemy models. And it wasn't practical to have all the possible loot represented as tokens.

But now? If you have one such model in your list, it ain't much of a hassle, but once they start being a legion, you'd be forced to make notes on your Army List to keep up with who got what. And it becomes a mite of a problem if your list is not a sheet of paper.

So, tokens would be a nice reminder.
    Also, at least some of them could overlap, I guess, between Booty and Metachemistry.

#208 Errhile, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  9. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I know the alternate meaning of booty, but in my country nobody will use this english word. But the F and the S words are very common. Beside of this, I would use it (not the word, the markers), because 1) you don´t always have printed list available to write it down (or a piece of paper) and 2) when you use a marker it is a reminder for both, you and your opponent in the game. A third reason could be, that ABH and CSUs are more common, at least in my meta.

Warsenal will put some out and I like, that they print the dice-number on it:
    [​IMG]

10. crouchingotter

crouchingotter Well-Known Member

@Lawson Just wanted to add my thanks to the list of those issued already.

Once these are up and running on Toadchild’s token generator I’ll definitely be printing out a set for my games.

Thanks so much for all the time and effort you’ve put into this.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  11. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

This is so cool.

12. Iver

Iver Human Plus

I wonder, will Metachemistry get the same?

13. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Guilty as charged.

14. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Here's an update - I've printed some tokens (finally got to Fedex, which printed them beautifully at 600dpi no problem) and mounted on my Litko 1" acrylic bases. I'm really digging how they're looking so far:
    IMG_3062.jpg
    might try and clean up the chipping on some of the edges of the cuts with some paint, but otherwise I think they're going to work great.

toadchild, Errhile, Papa Bey and 3 others like this.
  15. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Okay I think this covers all the tokens I need printed for myself at the time being. Very happy with how they came out (light is coming from above and I did a matte finish coat on the faces of the tokens so some of these are washed out by the reflection but the colors are very strong and brilliant on the table)...
    IMG_3065.jpeg

And before y'all ask, yes those are faction-themed 40mm Command Tokens, and no, I'm not ready to make them for every other faction yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I gotta take a bit of break from all this designing so I can actually play the game... aaaaand here's a sneak peek at the next project I'm working on:

IMG_3007.jpeg IMG_3006.jpeg
    Custom 3D printed Wild Parrot

RolandTHTG, Xeurian and Kumatake81 like this.
  16. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

I would sent money asap to any manufacturer who turns these token into small acrylic versions (like the old small ones) to fit in my command board.

17. Th1nG

Th1nG Active Member

First of all, I'm tipping my hat to @Lawson for the incredible work and communication here. I was quite confused by the design of some of the og tokens and will definitly use the ones you designed. Thanks for your work!

Speaking of acrylic, does someone here have experience with printing the tokens and gluing them under clear acrylic bases? I'm unsure which type of glue to use (to ensure no fogging or milk-like effect to the acrylic bases) and whether and how to seal the tokens afterwards to ensure the printed paper stays put? I'm kinda new to the whole hobby and building, and googling did not offer sufficient answers unfortunately.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  18. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I actually did it with PVA glue in the past.
    Results can vary depending on the paper/printer used. Laser print is nicer but is some kind of glossy so glue stick less to it. But it could work anyway.
    Inkjet print is a bit more dull but tend to stick more as the glue adhere to the pare (ink being sucked by it).
    The glue itself can result in different results (not all PVA glue are born equal).
    I had another option but if I understood properly it's not available anymore in most countries for safety reasons. I called it "plastic in a can". Basically some liquid plastic/acrilic/whatever that you spray over once the paper was glued. It was doing wonder to protect cardboard token too.

Long story short: do some tests on a couple of tokens with any PVA glue you already have to see how it goes. You won't waste the token with PVA. Worst case some paper really sticking to it but it can easily be removed after staying in water for a while.

Superglue can work but you may have frost effect if not we'll ventilated. Frosting is caused by the fumes. Again do some tests but cleaning the token maybe impossible.

Th1nG likes this.
  19. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Hmm, one more idea @Lawson : could we have a "spent" version of the Impetous and Irregular Order? Along the line of "spent" Command Token and Lt. Order, to be glued on the flipside of an Impetous or Irregular Order...

20. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I could probably do something like this. Right now for me my impetuous and irregular are double-sided with each-other based on the way I play. My thought would be that you put the orders out next to the figures prior to using them and then pick them up as they're expended, but I could see some people just wanting exhausted versions of all order types depending on their methodology, and it shouldn't be too hard for me to create such a thing.

Xeurian and Errhile like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation