1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varangian Guard Proxy

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pettynyt Pelaaja, Oct 20, 2020.

1. I am considering using Ariadna's Human Sphere Agent and/or Ariadna's Intel Spec-Ops as a proxy for the Varangian Guard ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

... but I think they need a bigger CC weapon (maybe something like Van Zant's axe):

[​IMG]

Does anyone know how big that axe is? And, what about a place where you can get a similar axe?

#1 Pettynyt Pelaaja, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2020
  2. Rot_Sechs

Rot_Sechs Well-Known Member

Valkyrie aristea and focor version both have axes. 2h and 1h. Octavia got an axe. The ariadna specops axe should be part of multi arm set. 112 hast a smaller fireman axe. And some of the bikers have an axe i think but cant remember which one.

3. Thanks for the information, I don't have the Ariadna miniatures up to date :sweat_smile:

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Besides, I guess it would be easy to source medieval/ancient type axes from weapons / bits sets meant for historical gaming :)

jherazob likes this.
  5. Does anyone know the size of the Van Zant's axe? Because I'm considering printing them in resin.

I have found this model, which has a similar style.
    1de9e5fff46d35d408c20f28e0373254_preview_featured.jpg

But it measures 9.53cm (3.75 inches) ... too big.

#5 Pettynyt Pelaaja, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2020
  6. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Looking at the Van Zant picture, it must be ~25 mm, as the base is 25.

Rot_Sechs likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation