1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you build lists in ramah around maggy

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by jackfrost, Oct 2, 2020.

1. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

For myself I prefer just to play to prevent situations where my models might get backshot, and spend the points up-gunning the rest of my army, but to each their own.

2. costi

costi New Member

The link doesn't work, loads an empty list for me :(

3. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Do I miss something about new Spec.Fire, or is that you missing lack of +3 rangeband on new grenade launchers?

theGricks likes this.
  4. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Oh wow I missed the removal of the +3 range band completly!

5. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Yep, gotta leverage that new and improved targeted state!

6. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

With speculative fire being on an 8, I dont see much use for the grenade launcher on that profile. The heavy rocket launcher is really good as an ARO option, though. That being said, I feel like the cheap version might be the way to go. I like mines, but I feel like that version is so order-intensive that it really wants to be in a 15-model list, which is much easier to do in Vanilla or Dashat than it is in Ramah.

theGricks likes this.
  7. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

It's actually a mixed bag. It doesn't remove Spec.Fire penalties anymore like it used to (I think?), but between reactive turn legality and removal of WIP penalty it's probably much easier to inflict.

Xeurian and theGricks like this.
  8. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Yup. I'd say it makes the Ghuam LGL a very niche option.
    The Ghulam LGL NCO, however, remains useful, as Smoke grenades can be fired within LoS without worrying about the Speculative mod.

On afterthought: but please keep in mind that in some - rather niche, true - situations, being able to deliver an Impact Template migt be useful to affect more than the one, initial, target, even in Direct Fire mode. For example, AROing a Fireteam on the move.
    Missile Launcher does it with a bigger ooomph!, of course, but in some (close range) situations GL might be a better choice. And defintiely is cheaper.

Bottom line - if you already have it with you, don't hesitate to use it if the opportunity is right.

#28 Errhile, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Xeurian and theGricks like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation