1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N3 Faction Tacticas and N4

Discussion in 'News' started by psychoticstorm, Oct 18, 2020.

?

What to do with the N3 tacticas?

1. Move them in a legacy subforum

25 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Just unstick them

25 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

With N4 all tacticas have become out of date and need either update or removal, please PM me with new tacticas or intention of updating the tacticas, I will leave the tacticas unchanged for a month so mid November in order to give the tactica authors enough time to decide and organize.

Now I have this question for the community, would you like the old tacticas to be just unstickied as we did with the transition of second edition to N3 or would you like us to gather them in a legacy subforum like we did with N3 rules thread?

Of course tactica authors feel free to PM me with links to new threads or for any other questions.

wuji likes this.
  2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

As an author of two of the Haqqislam tactical guides - both in N2 and N3 - I believe unsitcking, and slow slide into obscurity, are the way to go.

3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

More organized is always better. There's no reason not to move them to a subforum, although I agree they're not likely to be of much use in N4.

4. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

There is a reason to move them to a subforum: the system will treat them different. I just tested with Modiphius section, looked for a thing in that is inside RPG subforum, it did not appear in results when "search this forum only" is enabled in the quick search drop down. Without that option, it appeared (duh, global results), but marked as being in RPG. Advanced search has a list of forums and "search child forums as well" option, similar purposes.

So old things will still be avaliable for historical reference (and avoiding link rot), yet confusions will be greatly reduced (just use the tools provided, or at least read the last line in each result entry).

5. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

I had been thinking about updating mine. The general uses for each unit remain the same, but specifics have changed I was going to get around to updating unit entries.

But if everything is getting archived it's probably not a good use of my time.

6. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Start a new thread, copy what matters, add whatever is new.

Errhile likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation