1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Review of N4 profiles, changes and opinions

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Spitfire_TheCat, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

This is nearly the cost of 2 PanO bulleteers to gain a wound, a couple of points of armour and climbing+.

Nomad remotes all feel too expensive.

Spitfire_TheCat and THEGRAAK like this.
  2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

They are, but the single profile is only part of the equation. How they fit together matters a lot more.

3. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

There's really only one good vostok imo. I can't every see using the Albedo builds over ODD.

4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I mean compared to cross-faction. Vostok could out-perform bulleteer. Albedo profile is a good addition for building to a meta.

Tourniquet likes this.
  5. Pander22

Pander22 Well-Known Member

Solo albedo red fury vostok is pretty good im my meta with all the linked msv out there so I could see myself using one in vanilla with either the rem racer or marksmanship, but im not sire if you can use both on one or not,

In correg massacre is normally in a link team so I just ignore them and either run them over up close or do the missions so I dont really need it

6. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

While the albedo profiles are great for that, CJC has access to white noise now, stick the ODD vostok in a FT with jags, hide behind the white noise (or generate it on top of it) fling a jag out in to the open and wait for them to dodge then gun them down, and you still have an ODD murderbot rampaging around the board.

7. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

You can do that just as good with the Tsyklon tho

8. Tourniquet

Yup and cheaper too, and also from longer range.

9. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

True however you don't then have a 2W -6 mimetic bot rampaging around after you murdered their MSV2 counter piece. Both are good but you get what you pay for, shooting on straight 18s against anything lacking visibility MODs and inflicting a -9 with cover on your opponent is a pain in the ass.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  10. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

Albedo really doesn't do anything against linked MSV's though. And like was said, you can get white noise on top of Mimetism -6 with HD+, but you can't get Mimetism -6 on top of Albedo so the ODD Vostok in most cases is the better choice.

Tourniquet likes this.
  11. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

the point increase just is another proof that CB is making changes based on complaints. If not, if it was a check on the "formula", will they now make KB cheaper because it didn't get any HI-n4-related discount? I don't think so. Vostoks needed a point check because they were too cheap, I agree with that, but it has been a bit too big and too soon in my opinion.

I think they work based on complains and that this has been too soon because there have not been enought time to see if there was really a problem or not. If it was really a problem with the formula, the complaints when the profiles were spoiled should have been enought for them to see the error and fix it before the general release. And if it has been a problem with overperformance... why just a point increase? it would mean that the "formula" is not there anymore, but also, there has been not enought time, not enought games to show CJC (or any other nomad sectorial or vainilla, because vostok is not only in CJC) getting so much bigger results than other factions.

12. Pander22

Pander22 Well-Known Member

In most cases I find that linked msv is normally filled with cheap expendables so having a self contained unit that can bypass the strongest part of the link without additional orders can be usefull, ot has the benefit of also being able to maneuver easier in the midfield over a link team, its something to think about but the fto version is probably the go to option for correg,

I just know the feels of failing a white noise on 15s 5 times through the course of the game haha

inane.imp likes this.
  13. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Shotgun Taskmaster lost his Pulzar. This is outrageous! He's practically unplayable now! :triumph:
    Even shotgun upgrade doesn't make up for Large BTS Template loss.

14. Tourniquet

Upgrade? They straight up beat shotguns over the head with the nerfbat, all because people have less reading comprehension than a rock. But the loss of a template isn't the biggest issue there, it's the loss of a weapon that targets BTS, losing that means they lost a very useful tool.

15. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

No, I mean (Boarding Shotgun -> Heavy Shotgun) upgrade. Regardless of shotgun changes altogether.

16. Tourniquet

Huh, Completely missed that, I just saw shotgun and moved on to the next profile.

17. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I used to like the SG + HMG TM Duo (for casual games). I was hoping the cost would come down enough that it was actually a viable option. But instead Grrls seemed to get all the love.

18. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

TM in a Riot Grrl link is viable, altho weird.

19. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Yeah.... But that's not TM focussed, that's still "Grrls all day".

20. Tourniquet

Surely you mean putting a RG in your TM team is weird?

gfcHYmFrdW5pbgRKQU5LgSwCAQgAgw0BAgAAgw0BBAAAgw0BAQAAga8BAwAAgesBAQAAgZEBBwAAgZEBBwAAgZEBBQACBwCBngEJAACBkwEBAACBkwEBAACBkwEBAACBkwEBAACBnAEBAACBnAEBAA==

Robock and Hachiman Taro like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation