1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cybermask and Surprise Shot

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Machival, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Machival

Machival Well-Known Member

In one of the recent Corvus Belli videos Bostria said that it is planned that Cybermask in N4 should no longer grant the Surprise Shot skill. But the fourth bullet point of the Effects passage of the Impersonation State reads „In their Active Turn only, Troopers in Impersonation State may use the Surprise Attack Special Skill.“

Is it still intended that units without the Surprise Shot skill can use it when shooting out of the Impersonation State or is this just unfortunate wording?

Edit: I guess I can answer this myself, because I just realized that if you could use it without having the Skill you would not know which modifier to apply.

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

You can use Surpire shot because it is a Marker Status.

But you still need to have Surprise Shot on the profile!

3. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I think that bullet means that, if they have the skill, they can use it only in their active turn, not in their reactive turn, not that the marker state gives them the skill

4. Machival

Machival Well-Known Member

That is all stated explicitly in the Surprise Attack Skill though. So no need for repeating it in the Impersonation State description. And the Camouflaged State description has no such bullet point. I guess it was just written to clarify that the Impersonation State is also a Marker State in which you are allowed to use Surprise Attack.

5. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Cross reference on rules are reported in both rules (or at least that was the intent)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation