1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A moment to remember lost heroes

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Iver, Sep 28, 2020.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Reminder that any Homerhoid martial artists without NBW will be one-hit yeeted by most impetuous troops thanks to berserk and there is nothing they can do about it.

2. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

With NBW as well, as currently NBW only disables Martial Arts skills.

the huanglong likes this.
  3. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Penny can still take names with her CC -6 skill

El tito Zylito and Hiereth like this.
  4. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Well, Thamyris was a companion through all the campaigns. His Journalist - skills were much appreciated.

xagroth likes this.
  5. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

I actually just picked him up to be an Aleph-themed HVT, or maybe a warcor model.

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

He was the campaigns MVP... +6 to promotion rolls just by himself, for a total of 7 if you lost or 10 if you won... And before the Danavas, he was the only Pitcher we had, and a regular hacker for those lists with the total reaction bot in need of marksmanship.

Daniel Darko and The Revanchist like this.
  7. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Okay, thamryis with pitcher and evo hacker just sounds awesome.

Hannibaliafun likes this.
  8. Iver

Iver Human Plus

It certainly could be nice to have evo hacker on a model that's not a s4 bot that's literally incapable of anything else. And pitchers are always welcome

9. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

before he was a weaker danavas due to his regular hacking device compared to her hd+ but did make them both distinct models (even if 1 is weaker than the other). if they both get reduced to hd devices it would make them practically the same person (minus a +1 burst to oblivion, not negligible but not distinct enough for its own model). before he was purely a steel support, hence I think it would fit better if he moved to an evo hacker to remain distinct from danavas. or give him an hd but with upgrade of fairy dust atleast to remain distinctly supporting steel (or a khd, just sayin xD)

10. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Well-Known Member

I'm really curious to see what Scylla turns out like, considering the changes to Bit/KISS. I feel like the KHD was the common pick, specifically for Cyber Masking her Heavy Flamerthrower Repeaters forward.

11. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Gonna depend on if your plan will involve her moving two repeaters around for your other hackers. If not, the cybermask shenanigans will probably be the way to go. I just hope they give her a regular hacking device on her repeater version rather than the no device only upgrade thing Bit has

12. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I always toke the Killer Hacking Device. In Steel Phalanx she was the only Killer Hacker. Her Bots are nice to control a dense area on the board and with another (Assault) Hacker around, it was difficult even for HI to manoeuver into her range.

I already miss her. See her soon hopefully. :,-(

Nenyx likes this.
  13. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

In vanilla, her KHD profile was even more potent. There are better KHD, but usually these KHD dont have FREAKING MARKER STATE MURDER BOTS as repeaters ;)

14. Sigeric

Sigeric Irregular WB

Today I won a small tournament with vanilla Aleph and oh boi, Atalanta is definitely best girl right now.

I used her in 2 of 3 matches and she was easily the MVP in both of them, walking away each time with at least 4 new skulls for her skull throne. Paired with a chain myrmidon to dodge smoke in front of her, she caused much grief overseeing a good part of the board, and then she was used to hunt down targets in turn 3. In some boards she won't be as effective for lack of elevation or obstacle density, but she's a scary piece nonetheless.

Penthesilea didn't do so well. Her only contribution to the team was returning back to quarters full of sticky glue, like the protagonists of those cultured japanese animations, but I think more science needs to be done with her before marking her as good/bad.

15. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Atalanta is definitely an absolute beast.

I've had some more luck with Penny however. One game I managed to run up and cut down an Anaconda TAG by dismounting and getting through a passage my opponent didn't think she could pass, kill two guys with her double template and lock down a lane in suppression. Another I simply ran her up the side of the board and put her in suppression my first turn which forced my opponent to spend 6 orders trying to take her out with a spitfire.

She definitely shines the most as a threat, and is better at that than ever due to her increased toughness. Move her up a bit into a annoying position, and your opponent will have to deal with her or she'll get into their backline. Force your opponent to deal with a threat like that and they have less orders to actually carry out their plans.

I've really loved playing Penthesilea since I started Infinity, and she's stronger than ever. Now I just need to get my impetuous smoke grenade dispensers back so she can more safely move up with her imp order turn one and she's golden.

Stampysaur and Dragonstriker like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation