1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Review of N4 profiles, changes and opinions

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Spitfire_TheCat, Sep 26, 2020.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The problem is that when what you need to clear is in a Core Link with MSV1 it's FAR less useful.

So a lot of its utility tends to depend on what AROs you see a lot of.

loricus likes this.
  2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

I learnt my lesson a while ago the NEVER FIGHT A FIRETEAM WITH AN INTRUDER, EVER, it will always die, always.
    I use the intruder to clear a path to the fireteam something better suited can murder it, like clearing that helot or TR bot that's watching the flank so the bandit can get to stabbing cheer leaders, and ounce sixth sense is gone then i might consider shooting them with the intruder, maybe, if i cant get away with shanking more stuff with the bandit anymore.

As for specifically MSV stuff we have white noise and an AP spitfire that can link with jags. and the new permiter weapon rules mean you could probably get a moran close enough to throw a koala to within trigger distance of it to make the fireteam behave.

Solar, loricus and inane.imp like this.
  3. inane.imp

Oh absolutely, I'm just pointing out that that limits their target sets. And with MSV1 linked AROs becoming more common it also limits their ability to choose fights with impunity while behind Smoke.

In a meta where neither of those are the norm they're going to perform far better than one where that's one of the most common ARO threats.

4. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

.. except in it's reactive, under smoke, when it's firing at a non link leader, when the ink doesn't have MSV. In which case it murders them.

That got a bit harder in N4 with MSV1 links, but still.

Tourniquet and inane.imp like this.
  5. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Which is predicated on getting smoke off first, it not getting discovered and shot from else where and your opponent being a spud and walking multiple members in a fireteam out in front of a lurking intruder (If they aren't a spud then this would have either bait or desperation written all over it), I've had less success with ARO intruder than I have using them to engage fireteams.

6. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

More that the threat of it locks them down until they are desperate to move, and then it murders them when they do get that desperate.

In the meantime it can just murder anything else that moves in its field of view.

It takes some care, finesse, the right position and a potentially sacrificial Jaguar for sure, but when it comes off it can be a real roadblock for an opponent who didn't bring the tools to deal with it (or one who had those tools stabbed by a bandit).

inane.imp, jfunkd and Tourniquet like this.
  7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Intruders aren't just bad now, but they cost a lot and are fragile. The question is if they do a job well enough to justify it. The number of targets they're good against is dwindling, and what remains largely consists of stuff I have plenty of tools for.
    I would expect that a player who uses them a lot and gets good at it will still find powerful strategies that only the Intruder can pull off. But they don't fill a role well enough for me to recommend using them unless you want to.
    There are a lot of units that fill that space of units that are more of your personality and less of your faction core. For example: Geckos, Bandits, Wildcats, Carlota, and I suspect Sombras.

8. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

The new Army update brought a significant price hike for Vostoks.

Red Fury 36 => 40
    Mk12 albedo 34 => 39
    Mk12 mimetism (-6) 38 => 44

Hmm, I'm not thrilled about such a huge jump. I was expecting a price increase but not that high. Vostoks were great at that prices (prolly too cheap), now a bit less.

#148 Modock, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    inane.imp likes this.
  9. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

surprised? wait a bit, you will see more changes like that in all factions. People's complaints work (seems that is the reason zondnautica got cheaper too). After all the boosts, now a few units will have some point increases

10. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

Like I said, I was expecting a price increase 2-3 for albedo and 3-4 points for ODD.
    No, something went wrong with zondnautica pricing, that's why it was fixed.

11. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

Certain person came to our subforums to say that the pricing was ok, so I don't think so. CB has a record of hearing people, is just that this new edition, they are fixing really fast things.

I thought that the "low cost" was because of the "W2 got cheaper" thing, and the discounts on hackable. There are a few things that didn't get discounts in n4, so this increase doesn't surprise me. Nomads are also getting all hate of OP, so they will look more into nomads after all.

12. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Oof. That's a huge price hike on Mimetism. Now it doesn't look so lucrative since it's just an Mk12. Still better than Moiras though.

13. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

I couldn't care less about the Vostok, I'm not into REMs that much. But what I find puzzling: why such huge adjustments when we are … what? … one month into N4? What additional information can CB have now after one month … under Corona/COVID … that it didn't have at the launch of N4?

Such big adjustments (more than 10 percent price hik) so soon after the launch make N4 look ill-conceived or at least half-baked.

Icchan likes this.
  14. inane.imp

Yup. Personally I've lost track of the changes that have happened over the last month.

A change log would be useful.

Also *looks hopefully at the Lunokhod profiles* :'(

Edit: I wasn't following the Army N4 Bug thread, there's an Army change log as the first post there.

#154 inane.imp, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Pflaumenmus likes this.
  15. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

The amount of YJ whining? JK

N4 launch gives an impression that CB seriously lack personnel and/or testers. I mean, look how many questions pop up in rules section. They had to quickly get rid of some profiles just so they don't change rules and invalidate the books that haven't even shipped yet.

Icchan likes this.
  16. inane.imp

The funniest thing is I think we've actually come to a conclusion about Marker state Repeaters and how to play them without it being horrible.

17. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

What? How? They just removed the last unit that could use it (now kiss only has repeater with regular hacking device).

18. SubOctavian

SubOctavian Well-Known Member

Oops, and now my list for todays' game is not valid. Tough luck, lol.

But I have to say, I understand these changes and they do seem fair.

19. inane.imp

Hypothetically, if they were still a thing.

Basically it comes down to: it seems that whenever you activate a Hacker you need to measure their Hacking Area during Resolution, which would give away where Repeaters are. Prior to that point you just need to make assumptions.

Yes this kinda needs a HellLois comment to confirm, but it's at that level of issue now that it's been talked through in depth.

xagroth likes this.
  20. Pflaumenmus

Pflaumenmus Active Member

Also *looks hopefully at the Lunokhod profiles* :'(
    Yes, please
    And Sin Eater Observance. They just aren't beneficial in comparison to TR Bot.

Hachiman Taro and inane.imp like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation