1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pakulkan Commandos - Nomads, Panoceania and now JSA

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pakulkan, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Pakulkan

Pakulkan Well-Known Member

Another set of JSA units:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics at pintaoplomo.blogspot.com.es

Now, it is time for Karakuris!

2. Pakulkan

Fast update. Chaiyi Yaokong. Cheap 8 points remote taking advantage of some spare pieces from Beyond Coldfront remite.
    [​IMG]

nehemiah, Bors, Oni and 8 others like this.
  3. Pakulkan

Now, a Guija I will use as O-Yoroi. I like so much this miniature, and has a good opportunity to proxy O-Yoroi. Was thinking about changing the sword to a katana, but prefered to keep the original miniature 100%

[​IMG]

Abydog, Uthoroc, jherazob and 7 others like this.
  4. tamachan

tamachan Active Member

The JSA color scheme works well. May I ask how long it took you to paint a standard infantry model?

PS: Looking through this thread, I have to say the OSL paintjob on the Zondnautica is amazing!

#104 tamachan, Aug 27, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  5. Pakulkan

@tamachan difficult to say, honestly. It strongly depends on both, the type of miniature and the inspiration/commitment. I would say between 4/8h. Keisotsu butai are pretty fast. Some highligting in the pants, some profiling in the armour... 4h (also, painting 2/3 in parallel).
    Musashi took more time, and Karakuris (full of white) are being absolute pain.
    On top, some miniatures are more fun (inspiring/motivating) than others. Those others sometimes stay WIP for weeks or even months...

Thanks for commenting! I am pretty Happy with Zondnautica, although I am just airbrush beginner ;)

tamachan likes this.
  6. Pakulkan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, proud owner of two new ninjas. Followed the suggestions of my mates and tried an OSL. Happy about the result.
    More pics at http://pintaoplomo.blogspot.com.es or Instagram pinta_o_plomo.

7. Pakulkan

Now my first Karakuri. Is basically a female Domaru with a head made with a necron skull, a harlequin mask and another Warhammer pigtail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nehemiah, Abydog, Oni and 13 others like this.
  8. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Pakulkan This conversion looks amazing and is a great use of warhammer bits on an Infinity model. The parts all flow together and I couldn't tell that th ehead was made from 40k bits at first glance until I read your description.

Abydog and Pakulkan like this.
  9. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Very nice! great ideas for the conversions!

Pakulkan and Golem2God like this.
  10. Pakulkan

So much time without updates... A bunch of new minis here:

[​IMG]

Securitate feuerbach. Nice mini, just following my previous Securitate work.

[​IMG]

CSU. Taking advantage on Kaldstrom fusiliers to have some CSU that fit in my Pano/Mercenaries. Like the jackets, and tried to gave them some police look.

[​IMG]

Locust. Or Grifter, to be honest. Totally out of my Pano colour scheme, but worth trying... Charismatic miniature XD

[​IMG]

Nokken. Nice miniature, easy yo paint. Trying to gave Svalarheima minis a bit more white, and diversify the palette of my PanOs

[​IMG]

And finally, my second Karakuri. Difficult to paint so much white. But good looking result IMO. Looking forward to finish the last Karakuri and start some new japanese...

Hope you like it, could ser more pica at pintaoplomo.blogspot.com.es or Instagram pinta_o_plomo.
    Cheers

ETEA, Abydog, Golem2God and 4 others like this.
  11. Golem2God

@Pakulkan I really like your Fusiliers conversions. You've made me want to get some Kladstorm Fusiliers to try my hand at something similar to your idea.
    Out of curiosity where did you get those alternate head for the Fusiliers?

12. Pakulkan

The heads are from Puppets War. Now Puppets range is a bit oversized for Infinity though... Be careful.
    About the Fusiliers, a drawback is that they came with the bag stacked to the back, this means some effort in removing them are necessary, and more stuff work than expected... Happy with the result, but I expected to be more straighforward.

Golem2God likes this.
  13. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Those helmets look fine, not a pantyhose "helmet". Maybe bare heads or other helmets are oversized.
    Hm... shops lists sizes for some bits.
    OTOH, I am not finding the exact model quickly... maybe discontinued?

14. Pakulkan

Yes, probably. Those are pretty old. I had those several years ago. After that, I bought some new bits and realized they are more GW/40k sized than those old troopers heads. It is a pity, because Puppets War designs are very cool

Golem2God likes this.
  15. Golem2God

Helmeted heads can still work on models. The non-helmet heads are tricky. However some designs are good enough that I feel it is worth converting your force's models to all have Puppetswar heads. I'm doing that with one of my forces.

As for heads that fit or are close to Infinity's range:
    Mad Robot Miniatures
    Heads from Hasslefree Miniatures
    Statuesque Miniatures
    Maxmini (now owned by TT Combat)
    GW's Necromunda range (don't know about Blood Bowl yet)
    Are good ranges. Though I do have different companies' heads on models in the same sectorial. HI units can get away with mostly any range including GW without any work.
    Since Infinity conversions are much more leanent on what parts can be used, at least 50% of the miniature parts being CB's outside of greenstuff etc..., I feel there is more freedom to go out & buy designs that strike your fancy. Which can lead very neat ideas, combinations & themed forces.

#115 Golem2God, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    Pakulkan likes this.
  16. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

They keep swallowing things, i hope they remain because they have acquired lots of things i don't wanna see dead (again). Also they're now "Official Infinity", right?

Pakulkan and Golem2God like this.
  17. Golem2God

i also forgot to mention that GW's Necromunda range also works on Infintiy miniatures really well. The heads & body parts fit nicely & are very similar in size. So a box of them will give you a bunch of heads depending on which gang you choose. You will at least be guaranteed 10 of them no matter which faction you pick. Van Saar has a good tech style for weapons, bodies, arms besides their heads. If you like the look of one of Necromunda's line then buy a box or buy a few bits if you want to test them out first to see how they look. I used Van Saar's helmeted mask heads for my Kamau & they look like they belong on that unit.

Pakulkan likes this.
  18. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Excellent work all around. The helmets you have chosen are very characterful.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation