1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverend Observants in N4

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Snowball, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Oh, please no! We'll have a flood of threads like "Are Custodiers too good at hacking?", "Is Reverend haris too strong?" and "Let's talk about <...>".
    Personally, I don't think that giving away Tinbots to everyone (especially MI) will be a good thing. Imagine the points bloat! Besides, now they can just add a note to profile like "Firewall [-6]" even without tinbot itself.

Icchan likes this.
  2. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

This is a false argument, an example of both a slippery slope argument and a straw man argument. It is incorrect to argue that hoping we see moderate improvements to underpowered profiles is going to likely lead to calls for nerfs, and it is likewise incorrect to imply that the calls for balance on overpowered profiles recently have been incorrect.

What you are obviously referring to is Morans with camoed repeaters. They were indeed too strong, and the posts about balancing them were warranted. The removal of camoed repeaters improves the game. I love Morans a lot, and they were -definitely- too powerful in their original N4 configuration, both thanks to rules loopholes and too much good stuff for their points. And no, those very-deserved threads pointing out the rules loopholes and balance problems will not lead to everything else under the sun being condemned.

Back on-topic,

Okay, good points. Cutting the bloat out on the original profile would make sense before adding anything else in.

3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

No, I was referring to "Is jazz too good and needs to be nerfed" thread. Cause, you know, she's a hacker that can get a tinbot -6.

Regarding the camoed repeaters - probably a good thing they changed profiles since that would bring a lot of arguments during actual game. Still, it saddens me that instead of clarifying the rules they just removed all profiles in question.

#23 Lucian, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  4. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I feel like the trouble with linking the custodier is that once you've built your observance link you can't afford the Prowler KHD so well anymore. I haven't gotten to try it out yet but it seems like the Zero KHD doesn't have enough punch to keep the hacking network safe. If he's just out there opportunistically, it's fine, but having to rely on him? idk

5. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

throwing a single Moira HMG into a list isnt terrible.
    looking at the skills you get when you pay for them in conjuction to other link teams in bakunin it's safe to say any type of Observance link is far from "optimal".

Armihaul likes this.
  6. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

The trouble with linking the Custodier to me is (though I'm glad you have the option) that if anyone else shoots in ARO, she can't hack and stay in the link.

inane.imp and Armihaul like this.
  7. Hachiman Taro

What did you play it aqainst?

8. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

more like, you are not going to field moiras, maybe a haris with one, not even a couple. But we will see in a few months

9. FlatTooth

FlatTooth New Member

You don't *have* to link them. A HMG on a -6 Mimetism with BS 12 and NCO is not a bad option.

10. Armihaul

is not bad... when it is arount 25-30 points (most of bs12 mimetism-6, and some even have extra skills like marker state), but these girls are 30+ points (Except for lt profile). They are in the expensive side of those kind of units because they still have n2 overcosts.

LaughinGod likes this.
  11. Lampyridae

Lampyridae Well-Known Member

They're expensive, but you get what you pay for.

A Moira Spitfire would be 32 points without NCO and a Zapper, which puts it in striking distance of Myrmidon Spitfires at 30 points (who have a Frenzy discount). Looking at their stats, this is pretty fair.

12. Armihaul

yes, myrmidons are more or less the same. But there is the problem that religious troop is also a discount skill, but they are not getting it

Aemaru likes this.
  13. Lampyridae

Lampyridae Well-Known Member

Everyone thinks Religious is a massive points discount. It isn't; it's a point or two at best. It's much less of a liability than Frenzy or Impetuous.

The Tikbalang comes in a Religious and non-Religious variety, both 68 points. The Religious one gains AP HMG over HMG, loses Shock Mines, switches AP for DA CCW. It's getting at most a 3 point discount over 68 points, which is super cheesy for a Remote Presence unit but whatevs.

#33 Lampyridae, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    colbrook likes this.
  14. Armihaul

I know it is not "massive", but if instead of paying for it, if they got the discount, then they will become 2-3 point cheaper. For example, in mid n3, some RT got the change which make them a bit better (seems nobody remembers that moment) but observancy didn't when bakunin was checked (only certain FT options were checked after all). On the tikbalang... is at least 4 points of discount, 5 from AP, 1 from the CCW DA minus 2 from mines, and none of those values scalates for the troop type.

on the comparative moiras/myrmidons, myrmidons get better cc and ccw, phis, dodge, stealth, courage, nanopulser and smoke grenades , against better wip, arm, religious troop and zapper in moiras. I see myrmidons a bit more packed than moiras. Is not so big difference, but there is. Also, frenzy is not so much of a problem while linked (Something they will get soon), while religious troop depends entirelly on the situation but it cannot be negated

15. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Solo Moira HMG could totally see use.

16. Hachiman Taro

I mean the Moira HMG you can kinda make an argument for, if you squint, maybe. I'd argue there are better, more cost effective options.

But it's when you take multiple Reverends the bloated profiles really add up. It'd be nice to be able to take an Obersvance force that was unquestionably effective rather than mostly a meme. That's all.

17. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

A Moira defensive haris with sniper, LT and healer may have some uses, but a mod core with RG ML and RG tinbot is 10 points and 1swc cheaper which is dumb.

Icchan and SpectralOwl like this.
  18. SpectralOwl

New Moirae do seem to be honestly better solo instead of linked, if only because of the price and semi-situational nature of their kit. I don't think I'd regret bringing any profile if the mission gave me enough wiggle room, MULTI rifle and Zapper is actually a pretty neat combination for an assault piece.

19. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

What, Taskmaster? Lizard?

20. Hachiman Taro

In BJC as active fire pieces? Vostok, Taskmaster, Tsyklon, Riot Grrl Spitfire - all of which you don't really have to consider solo, because they go in a more cost effective link.

Or solo Lizard, Taskmaster, Prowler.

If you widen it out to Vanilla, Kriza, Evader, Sombra, Hollowman, Gecko, Salzy, Puppets ...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation