1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I was hoping that the game would mostly be produced in Europe, but from a past update it seems that CB made the minis, shipped them to China and final assembly of Spanish Mini's with Chinese components happened in China, and now they are shipping the completed project from their to fulfullment centers.

A lot of my kickstarters are being channeled through Quartermaster Logistics for USA (not sure whether you're fulfilled from here or Europe), and QML arranges the pallets being bundled for shipping and the actual ship and then customs and final shipping. They've been having persistent problems with ships arriving in China and arranging for outgoing shipping. Plus, Chinese companies routinely seem to give dates that don't have a lot of meaning to them.
    So, I'm waiting on Defiance, Altar Quest and Battletech that should all be on ship or almost here or whatever, but who really knows! Etherfields is also somewhere out there, but that might be shipping from Poland rather than USA, not sure.
    Battletech and Etherfields were due last March, and neither one had even completed their share of things before production should have begun in say, January. Altar Quests June and Defiance July might be delayed, but at least I can say that the core companies did their part on time and just production was delayed.

Bleh, bit ranty, but while I accept delays I'm also getting tired of not having my stuff!!! (Especially since I'm getting extra time off work at the moment with nothing to do, and now my N4 book still hasn't shipped!!!)

2. Scoria

Scoria Member

I was kind of surprised to see the Megalodron fluff in the N4 books, I thought it was a kind of secret unit due to its S9. Maybe there is still hope for an N4 version of the Megalodron mission pack.

3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

If it's successful, it's possible that S9 will be a permanent feature. Maybe scenario specific, and even then possibly not part of ITS, because anything that has that much vulnerability to ARO is going to have to be pretty nasty to make it worth while...

4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

One miniature list? :P

5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

It shouldn’t be part of the regular game, but it would make sense to update the scenario for N4 since that’s the current edition of the game when people will actually receive the model.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  6. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

I'd gladly take my share of the metal off their hands. So I could start painting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7. Nuada Airgetlam

Yeah, I'd gladly swap waves to Wave 1 being "Send me the metal + Megadude" and Wave 2 being "send me the rest of the game and the bonus minis".

8. Vocenoctum

They already posted some of the pics of the metal for wave 2, it'd be cool if we could pay some shipping to get them sent out and then get mini-less game materials whenever. Don't see it working that way, logistically speaking, but it would be nice. Especially having less time needed to get a game going once you actually get the game materials.
    I mean, even if you don't paint the Defiance stuff, it'll be a couple days to assemble before you can even start playing.

AdmiralJCJF and Croepoek like this.
  9. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

At this point and with the amount of info we get on progress: I would be totally in for an early shipment of minis :ok_hand::slightly_smiling_face:

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  10. Nuada Airgetlam

Yeah, I already paid a heap of EUR for shipping. But changing the content to minis first would be awesome.

11. The_Evergrey_One

The_Evergrey_One Well-Known Member

Having the minis first would be an awesome way of dealing with this. I'll not play a single game until the minis are painted anyway so any headstart I can get on that would be very welcome.

12. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

And I just sit here and can't wait to get my hands on bloody core rules and stuff :confused:

13. Vocenoctum

I can't wait to play the game, but I have to I guess...
    But hell, at this point I can't even get my N4 bundle, so waiting for Defiance Wave 2 is a distant dream.

14. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

jherazob and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  15. Nuada Airgetlam

Goonhammer likes this.
  16. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

It’s not the 16th century, English no longer supports the distinction between “e” and “ae” that a bunch of computer geeks were trying to keep alive. :p

Disclaimer: No, really. I’ve never seen anyone in programming care whether it was spelled “demon” or “daemon” when they were actually building things. That got saved for when someone was trying to “well, actually...” a fight.

17. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Dunno man... just saying. It was strange to me as a freshman seeing daemon threads, but that's how they're spelled in terminals when you list processes :)
    Not surprised on the butchering though.

18. Nuada Airgetlam

Aesthetic, aetheral, antennae, archaelogy, curriculum vitae, faeces, faerie, nebulae, parabolae, paedophile, personae; oesophagus, oeuvre, onomatopoeia, phoenix, subpoena, diarrhoea, and so on (et caetera, lol).

Only American English has ditched the ligatures and only in some of the cases above.

#1718 Nuada Airgetlam, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Solar, WarHound, Goonhammer and 2 others like this.
  19. Vocenoctum

20. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Nerd.

Sadly, The English language lost almost all of its cool letters after the Norman invasion. if you see something like "Ye olde shoppe" The 'Y' is not pronounced as 'Y' but as 'Th'. It is there because the Normans had no idea about the letters Eth 'ð' and Thorn 'þ'. We at least kept the UU or VV (W) instead of taking the French OU. Ah, and we had nothing to do with all those silly accent marks, grâce à Dieu. Then again US and UK English (Not really the same language anymore) word spelling and word pronunciation are barely related in many cases at this point. Meh.

I'd be happy to get my shinies by Christmas at this point.

Dragonstriker and WarHound like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation