1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Military Orders. A word of hope.

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Daireann, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Yeah, just no msv or mines or marker state , cc competent and HI. So not really Darr

2. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Well! we better enjoy the Santiago LT while he is still 0 CAP

3. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

0 SWC isn't particularly useful, with the overall reduction of SWC costs and having no real cheap orders (no Joan LT and Santiago LT in the same army) to offset your really expensive troops that don't generate extra orders via NCO/TactAware/Lt2 I find it borderline impossible to run out of SWC before running out of points.

4. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Thank you,this is obviously what i mean. These pieces should be supporting the list.

I will caveat that with I think running 1 or 2 tags can substitute effectively for a knight core. But I dont think 15, LI and MI is an effective use of the MO sectorial list and is likely the source of many players frustrations

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  5. daboarder

Warcor

k really like the sepulchre and starting up the table in SF just adds too his oomph. But then I liked the montessa and hes strictly better than the old mech deployment montessa was thanks to the marker state.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  6. daboarder

Warcor

No but if isnt a sectorial designed to be used that way that explains why players perceive it requires a buff. Because they arent using tools as intended

Tourniquet and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  7. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

dude what?
    the army is getting updated - either itll be something people are excited to play and explore or itll continue to be one of the armies with the highest turn over rates. If you're trying to convince me MO is perfectly fine i mostly agree with you - my hold up is that's it's booooooorrrrriiinnngggggg. compared to other sectorials it can run a quarter of the amount of viable builds. there's only so much "fun" mileage you can get out single combat group heavy infantry link.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. daboarder

Warcor

Boring for you maybe

Stampysaur likes this.
  9. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Then ill just have to consider myself flattered that CB would update/rework a sectorial 4 times over the course 2 years and delete/rework 3 of their most iconic units all for me

Pinky, Stiopa, miguelbarbo84 and 2 others like this.
  10. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Nah, not only for him. A sectorial designed around running a HI link with support is ok. A sectorial where we're railroaded into a very restricted set of options is not. MO isn't weak, it got more interesting now - N4 update brought some fresh ideas into the mix - but there are still a lot of quirks left which really should be ironed out. It feels like it's lagging behind the others for about half an edition. And that's even before you look at the pricing. Look at Hospitallers and Santiago. Now look at Asawira. Look at Magisters. Now look at Tankos. Regardless of the viability of comparing units across faction, I'm not buying the idea that these were looked at with equal care.

11. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I mean, we have a revision coming.

I might not trust @Bostria with things like this but I sure as hell trust @HellLois so we DO have a revision coming.

But those comparisons are pretty depressing right now.

As are those between what you can build with IA right now, and the options for MO.

Skoll, MikeTheScrivener and Stiopa like this.
  12. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

MO is boring for me as well, but I also find it to be sub par when running lists that are Knight focused, as opposed to REMs, button pushers, ML defensive link and a Tag. Those work just fine, but I don't think anyone is thrilled about not having a viable HI link centred build in N4, considering how broad the buffs to those builds were for everyone else.

Guardian likes this.
  13. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

A knight sectorial with as little knights as possible. Wow that sounds funnnnn!

not.

Pinky and Stiopa like this.
  14. Stiopa

To be fair, a build with OS core and knight Haris and/or Duo is perfectly viable.

15. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Nobody is saying that.

Literally nobody has said that they want that.

But what a few of us would like is the option to credibly run 2-3 key premier pieces with good support, rather than always having to be locked into "HI Core or go home".

You know, something like this:

[​IMG]

https://infinitytheuniverse.com/arm...QAQEAAgUAhLkBAwAAJgECAAATAQEAABABAQAAg6cBAgA=

Except good.

#435 AdmiralJCJF, Oct 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    JordanJoestar and Stiopa like this.
  16. Cdp1492

Cdp1492 Well-Known Member

I mean we have plenty of builds that are knight heavy. Crusade is alot of fun and will kill anything your opponent leaves up to aro and then some. Magister and santiago core is awesome mix of offensive and defensive and pairs very nicely with a tikbalang or hmg hospitaller haris. "Tueton" haris is also a nice option being composed of NCO tueton, a magister and paramedic OS and can fit in most lists as a cheap backup link.

Stiopa likes this.
  17. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

I'm in the boat that would like an HI core and some good medium range HI solo pieces.

Or some specific orders which have been called out ad nauseum to be set up with workable interesting designs. Hopefully this rework is the charm but who knows

I certainly hope s5 sepulcher isn't identical to now but just s5 . The level of salt will be fucking unreal

Stiopa and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  18. Stiopa

I really doubt CB would do such a thing. I think they want to try a different role for KotHS altogether, which leaves an interesting question: what will happen to Holomask and Holoprojector? Because this capability is good, and I think most of us would prefer to retain it.

We know that they're not afraid of swapping abilities and weapons around; we've seen it before, with KotHS taking over Grenade Launcher from Montesa, and with FD being able to fully replace this particular option. So whatever will become of Sepulchre, it's possible that their current tools will be moved to other units. I think I've said it before, but reworked Magisters getting Holomask and Holoprojector (with some loadouts having only Holomask and being linkable) would work perfectly, while Hospitallers would be a good place for that FD Grenade Launcher; they got one FD loadout already, and second one with Combi/GL (or better yet, Multi/GL) would fit right in... but that's pure wishlisting.

19. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

I would actually much prefer holomask and echo go on the trinitarians, or even the infirmarers. At their point range they are prime target for shell games, or even slotting infirmarers as specific hacking targets in a link.

20. Stiopa

I've noticed that people would prefer to have their Holo on cheap units and pretend them to be more expensive ones, while I like the current option of being able to hide a Sepulchre under the guise of something harmless. Magisters would be even better, because they would be strong enough to be a surprise if pretending to be less powerful, while simultaneously cheap enough to be able to play shell games as something much more expensive.

It's actually similar to the CoC situation; most people dislike the idea of expensive, centerpiece unit with CoC, while I'm getting a good mileage out of it, and would consider it boring if every CoC unit was a Shukra or Alpha analog; cheap unit to hide in the back.

LaughinGod and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation