1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vulnerability (Viral)

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Nemo No Name, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think immunity is fine. Now you cannot just depend on flash pulses to do your ARO defence,This is a game filled with counters against stuff, but also means of circumventing that. If I would pick a hill, this one is not it. I am happy that there is veteran and stealth to circumvent jammers. ARO needs layered defense, you have to bring different elements together to do your defense work. making the puzzle as hard as possible.

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

upload_2020-10-8_23-45-53.png

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

They're easy to play even against skilled players too; like I said, they're very braindead. If you find your attack run stymied by a warcor, you're either very unlucky or a bad player.

What, screencaps that have nothing to do with the topic at hand? Or are you just trying to make Nuada look like an idiot?

The point is, it's not something that helps balance "low-tech" factions like Ariadna. So your earlier statement was wrong and you should retract it.

Some armies depend on flash pulses to play defense, and the game isn't actually balanced around some armies having the ability to run freely through them. Like I said, it's better for both balance and fluff if doggos are vulnerable to Stun, Flash, E/M, etc.

4. Hecaton

Well, since you can't get anyone to play the game with you and can't stand CB, why don't you go take that hike I was talking about?

Aldo likes this.
  5. Hecaton

Except you *can* depend on flash pulses to do your ARO defense against quite a few factions. It's a poorly thought out interaction.

6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Is there any discussion of value left here, or are we just going to yell at each other?

@psychoticstorm can you help cool this thread off?

Foxep, A Mão Esquerda and cazboab like this.
  7. Nuada Airgetlam

Whatever this is you're taking, halve the dose, it's not doing you any good.

8. Stampysaur

Stampysaur Wallace is my LT

No retraction incoming.

The game is not balanced around any one army. If you rely on flash that is unfortunate that you had a bad matchup. As said previously there are more ARO options then flash.

there are plenty of bad matchups for ariadna and it is not due to them killing a dog.

9. Hecaton

I'm saying that you don't play the game enough to make comments about its gameplay state in any authoritative way.

10. Hecaton

So is Corregidor a "low-tech" faction? If you don't think it is you should retract your statement, as its untrue. Seriously, if you think you can just say random shit and have it be taken seriously, you're wrong.

11. Stampysaur

Stampysaur Wallace is my LT

No i am not, but we are sitting here in the ariadna forums where i am talking about ariadna. I am not talking about whether i think corregidor and dashat should have access to my pupper friends.

I play against a dashat player who brings mcmurrough frequently. I frequently shoot it to death without taking serious losses. Occasionally he gets in and does work on my backside. But i never have thought it would be better if i flash pulsed him. It is just another tool that they have.

I can’t speak to Corregidor, but they look fun.

so i would still not retract. It is something that helps ariadna. And while a high tech faction may not need the help otherwise it is just another tool they have.

Cthulhu363 and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. Hecaton

We have pretty good camo forward observers, being able to flash pulse them coming from the other side would be a good move. And it was, before they totally screwed up Total Immunity.

Then, to be frank, you aren't thinking with much imagination, and I'm guessing you didn't play throughout much of N3.

Vet Kazaks that cost 5 points would help Ariadna too, but it wouldn't be good for the game.

I guess there's not point in asking for a retraction or an admission that you were wrong when you didn't know what you were talking about in the first place.

13. Nuada Airgetlam

Damn, you're stalking me? Watching me how many people play with me at the FLGS? At home? At my friends' homes? At the local club? On TTS? Or is that a crystal ball that gave you that intel. Hearing voices maybe? :D

Dude, you trippin'. Drop it.

14. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Well, there is always food, like a discussion of dumplings and their various names across cultures, continents, and languages.

Stiopa likes this.
  15. Hecaton

You admit on the regular that you don't play the game.

16. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Everyone drop it, either discuss it in a civil way, or take a break and go cool your heads.

I(T) troopers can't be stopped by a DA/EXP round to the face, and can't be stopped by Flash Pulse (Adhesive would be a long shot anyway, most of these units have high PH). This doesn't mean they can't be stopped at all, and the solution would be simply weight of fire. Linked HMGs, sniper rifles, or Mk12's are still DAM 15 hits. Supressive Fire, especially on units with MSV2+ to negate smoke, still works - and we can have a unit in SF from the get go now. Warbands in general have a harder time, thanks to MSV1 being able to see through smoke, even if with a modifier - which linked MSVs will ignore, anyway.

From the fluff point of view at least Adhesive should work. There are good arguments for both solutions regarding Flash Pulse. But we don't really know yet how it'll work from the gameplay and balance point of view. N4 is out for two weeks. We need to play more before judging the solution.

I'm actually hyped right now about baking gingerbread for Christmas again. I've already made plum jam to make layers with, and I'm making the dough sometime late October/early November. I'll bake more of it this year and gove away as presents, too :)

17. SpectralOwl

I'm not keen on TI getting to outright ignore Flash Pulse either, if only because it means that recon REMs can do nothing to an approaching Dog or Valkyrie. It's really not fun to play through, even by Smoke Warband standards, despite the silly power level of Flash Pulse in general (you need to jump up to a BS 13 Marksman Rifle to get the same odds for a lethal gun). "Just bring a gun instead" isn't a solid option for many factions, especially non-Varuna PanO or the Invincible Army, because the Repeaters on those bots are necessary for Hacking defense as well as the bots being the only decent FTF under 25pts at game start. Factions with better access to Irregular options like Helots or good Warbands of their own might be able to pull it off, though being able to bring an alternate list for just Ariadna and McMurrough is a rare luxury in a tournament. Yes, things like the Haidao Sniper exist, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that we want armies to be less dependent on single buffed-up link gunners, not more.

Hecaton likes this.
  18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

For us, Christmas means shortbread, loaves the size of a small plate from my father, small biscuits in the shape of snowmen from me. My co-workers always keep them at work, because they don’t want to share them with family.

Stiopa likes this.
  19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Hmm, it's an idea. I have zero experience with shortbread, might as well add it to my lineup

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  20. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

but...
    [​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation