1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morat agression force. Whyyyyyyyy

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Wonderman1st, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

"Duuuude, if you set the Comlog frequency just right, it can get you sooooooo high..."

Rumdog, chromedog and DaRedOne like this.
  2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Who knows what kind of gruesome ordination ceremonies they might come up after having their minds permanently integrated into Cyberspace.

upload_2020-10-8_15-17-23.png

3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

4. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

Theres nothing to suggest that Morats are dumber than klingons (or humans), or even dumb at all. Pre-EI they were a successful interplanetary society with their own advanced technology, which appears to be at an equal level as the technology of the Human Sphere. They were also extremely successful at fighting the EI, something that neither Humans of Tohaa have demonstrated.

Personally, I don't think Morats are similar to Klingons at all. they both appear to have a warrior culture, but from what we've seen teh culture is very different.

Rumdog, Hecaton, Stiopa and 1 other person like this.
  5. jake richmond

I wish we had a better explanation for what the Witch Soldier's full integration with the comlog actually meant. Its presented as being more substantial than the way nearly every other unit in the game uses their comlog, and in some instances it was described as something like a direct connection to the EI. But its always been pretty vague.

Reece likes this.
  6. the huanglong

My first thought would be hyperdynamics as a good rule to show mad cyber cognition in battle but it would be bloat with their crazy smoke dodge being better most of the time.

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The old Coma rolu has come up a couple of times in a few threads - they used to be able to voluntarily enter unconscious state in order to become a sepsitor repeater.

Hecaton and Reece like this.
  8. jake richmond

Yeah. It may be that this is what the comlog integration originally alluded too. But it seems like in more recent fluff their comlog integration now happened before the EI annexed the Morats.

toadchild likes this.
  9. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

I prefer the comparison to Jem'Hadar over Klingons. Klingons are selfish and stupid and stuck on the "I'm better than you are" shtick.

For the Comlog integration I imagine it as a full immersion to the EI battle network. Full real time access to all the data feeds that the EI has to offer with no bulky equipment. The Daturazi are in a state of near information overload but they manage to parse the data and act faster than the command structure can issue orders,maybe the EI issues orders directly to them, hence they are impetuous. They already know where and what the enemy is and can be there before the rest of the army. All the while the data they collect (what they see and hear) gets uploaded into the EI battlenet and added to the data stream.

Stiopa and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. jake richmond

I like that interpretation.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  11. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Because drug addicted religious lunatic zealot bersekers are a better fit?

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  12. jake richmond

I don't think the Jem Hadar are good fits either. Rather, I think the closest fit for Morats are us. I've always felt like Morats were a reflection of 20th/21st century human military forces, taken to the extreme.

Rumdog, toadchild and the huanglong like this.
  13. the huanglong

That's it, you don't have to look far back or deep to find invading/occupying forces behaving like Morats.

jake richmond likes this.
  14. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

100% agree, wish they retained more of the mystic or comlog elements and less of the apparent "screaming berserker".

Without Coma, they could have something like Sixth Sense, or a Killer Hacking device profile, nullifier, repeater or even a Jammer. Anything that feels techy or like a preternatural awareness or an ability to manipulate others quantronically

15. the huanglong

Sixth sense is a fluffy choice for sure.

Hecaton likes this.
  16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Which also gets us back to my comment a couple pages ago about MA4 in N2, which was incredibly rare and granted the equivalent of stealth. They're impetuous, but they're also more ninja than ninjas.

17. jake richmond

I spent a lot of time a few years ago arguing that Daturazi should have a KHD for that exact reason. I also cited the Myrmidon Hacker (the Daturazi's Aleph mirror) as a precedent for a hacker warband. i still think it would be a good fit. you could even give them back Coma as a hacking program of some sort.

Am I remembering right that Daturazi were the ONLY MA4 unit in N1? Or was there a character that also had MA4? Joan? (Musashi had MA5,so had 4 by default)

#157 jake richmond, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  18. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I think you're remembering correctly, yeah.

19. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

I just looked through the book. That's correct. And here's a refresher on what MA was back then: Screenshot_20201008-230146_Drive.jpg

toadchild likes this.
  20. jake richmond

I had forgotten how N1/N2 MA works!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation