1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morat agression force. Whyyyyyyyy

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Wonderman1st, Oct 4, 2020.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It’s better, overall. The results are a mashup of both levels from N3, but the Krakot get to reroll if you dislike the first result. As mentioned up-thread, this can result in things like a 12” Berserk charge, which will be on CC26.

Devil_Tiger and Stiopa like this.
  2. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Isn't it only 23? Krakot don't have Berserk (+3) and they don't have any level of MA.

EDIT: oh, you are assuming the use of chest mines, aren't you...

Stiopa and ijw like this.
  3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

You’re half right, I was swapping too fast between the Krakots and Kendrat!

Although that does mean Kendrat can hit CC29 on the charge...

Devil_Tiger and Stiopa like this.
  4. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Something interesting I noticed the other day is that the Raicho is one of the best TAGs in the game for operating without engineer support. Your average manned TAG most wants an engineer for removing negative states, and for last-ditch rolls to bring them back from unsconsciousness. The raicho can manage without the latter thanks to an excellent fighty pilot (B5 BS12 crawl out and start killing), and can ignore the former thanks to being far more resilient to E/M damage than any other TAG. Every other TAG who gets hit by an E/M weapon is looking at a whopping -12 to their reset to clear the state, making an engineer the only really viable solution. But a Raicho ignores isolated, meaning E/M weapons don't do anything more to her than a generic Carbonite program would, which she resets out of on 10s.

5. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

It makes sense to me, at least for some units. Impetuous doesn't nessacary mean running at the enemy screaming. Daturazi are supposed to be nearly supernaturally fast, guided and quiet in their movements, thanks to their full integration with the EI comlog (which has never really be adequately explained, but...). Their stealth is where the name "Witch Soldiers" comes from. Oznats should have stealth as well. They are very likely the most accomplished hunters in the Infinity setting. Its weird that they don't have stealth.

IDK if I'll ever be taking the Krakot Redfury again. Its expensive and dies very easily. If I need an impetuous shooter I think I'd rather have a Daturazi Combi. The gun isn't as powerful, but Mimetism, smoke, and a higher PH help it stay alive. And its 6 points cheaper.

Hecaton, Devil_Tiger and toadchild like this.
  6. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

No, but it does mean "without care" which is why they lose the partial cover bonus. I would put "moving stealthily" squarely against that as well, though you have a very good point about the Oznat.

7. jake richmond

Sabin76, I feel like theres plenty of precedent for the strict meaning of a game term's descriptive title not really applying to the unit. I mean, we have 3 previous editions of stealthy Impetuious units, and it was never an issue before. And now some units that are impetuous still have stealth.

Hell, "Frenzy" sounds WAY less likely to have stealth than Impetuous.

#127 jake richmond, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  8. jake richmond

Maybe stealthy no longer fits with CB's vision for Daturazi. They've certainly gotten other buffs. But I miss their quazi-supernatural feel. Of course, a lot of that (for me at least) was wrapped up in Coma. I miss that skill a lot. I wish it had survived in some form.

9. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not getting mad subtly vibes from these bad boys, maybe the comlog tells them they will have a higher chance of winning when they scream at the enemy and gangsta shoot them.

10. jake richmond

I feel like this is their face when they're making their attacks (which is what they're obviously doing here)? I doubt they're running across the field screaming (anymore than a Fusilier is standing with its gun pointed at the ground while shooting). That doesn't really fit their fluff, unless their fluff ( or, to be fair, my read of their fluff) has changed. Although to be fair, the Daturazi fluff is frustratingly limited and hasn't really been expanded on since 1st edition, as far as I can remember.

Anyway, its hard for me to buy that Inspiring Leadership and Frenzy Joan (also not "mad subtle"), or Holo Echo Sepulechre, or giant clanky Mowangs and Taskmasters with their little robot buddies are all stealthy, but a unit known as Witch Soldiers for their near superhuman speed and reflexes isn't. But it is what it is, and overall its not really an issue. At worst, losing Stealth is a pretty minor loss for the Daturazi, and more than made up for by other buffs. But I will miss it. I'll miss using Stealth to sneak past targets I want to ignore so I can chew through the enemy backline.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Daturazi character with Stealth (and maybe the old Lt option).

#130 jake richmond, Oct 8, 2020
  11. Wonderman1st

Wonderman1st Member

The Yaogat Sniper doesnt need to be in a Fireteam at all to perform well, so it’s not a like-for-like comparison, and the Yaogat shoots through Smoke much better. And MAF has some of the most reliable Smoke access in the game. Also, why not both?

That’s were I do agree. Yaogat doesn’t need to be in a fire team. Moreover he doesn’t need to be in the list.
    I do think that the IJW should take the MAF and play it on some tournament against varuna, nomads or something. Take yaogat without fireteam and win with him,as the varuna does with kamay (and of course pretas instead of helot militia - they are so good running on impetuous without fireteam and than combining into the fireteam back).

There will be a league in tts and I will play yaogats in fireteam, rodoks, zerats, uncontrolled hungries - and I will post reports here. If you have wishes what do you need to test - you are free to write your ideas here

#131 Wonderman1st, Oct 8, 2020
  12. Wonderman1st

Wonderman1st Member

About surgical instruments- 3 taryot droppod + Eva have 46% chance of killing non-camo, non-building hiding average scum leitenant. 46%.

13. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Mate, I won a tourney vs Nomads in N3 with a Yaogat fireteam firing through smoke to remove their ARO pieces and allow my Rasyat to come down unmolested next to the AC2 to break it. Like, I did it, it happened. It's in my ITS history.

Everybody says burst is king, yet here you are complaining about a Burst 4 sniper with MSV2 in an army that has 3 options to deploy smoke and none of them are bad, especially since all 3 of them are linkable and will most likely be throwing that smoke down on 18-20 and rolling two dice.

Even if you're facing a linked kamau, which is one of the best ARO pieces in the game, that's true, if you stand in smoke that means only the Kamau can ARO back at you, and with 4 dice at 12 vs 2 dice on 16 you have a good chance of taking that Kamau down.

It's like you're not even trying to use your tools, man, you're just getting angry.

14. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

They are described as doing such disturbing things that even normal Morats don't like to talk about it. The Morat use Yaogats as death squads to sweep through conquered cities killing every living thing that's not a Morat. The sick, the elderly, women, children, dogs and cats, they kill everything even if it's not a threat. Somehow what Daturazi do as ritual is more disturbing to the Morat.

I like to think of the Daturazi as leaving messages to their enemies written with the entrails and carved into the flesh of their victims. With enough time on their hands, they may even go full Hannibal (one of the finest shows ever produced) flesh sculpture with the conquered dead.

Not sure about a Lt option, but a Daturazi character would be neat. I'm still dreaming of a Morat Doctor unit who is a Jack the Ripper style CC monster. Slicing open the enemy to find the best way to eliminate the species.

El tito Zylito and Devil_Tiger like this.
  15. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

16. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Thank you! This made me laugh out loud.

Morat fluff, especially the older stuff, is super edgy.

I like to see morats as dumber klingons and leave it at that. Well, dumber in some areas, smarter in others. At least morats actually have scientists and engineers.

17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Pretty sure it’s that they’re all playing Farmville on their comlogs throughout the entire battle.

Dr.Lycosid, WiT? and the huanglong like this.
  18. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I think we've had this discussion a few times in the past, usually when someone new looked at Morats, said "oh, a warrior culture-style army", and people explained the difference between warrior and soldier archetypes.

Which is actually a good way to look at the difference between Daturazi and rest of the MAF. They're a warrior cult, remnants of Morat' past traditions, and there's a lot of ways how it might clash with the professional soldiers' approach and mindset.

19. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I go with the idea that Daturazi are actually super positive and chill with each other, and *that's* what freaks the other Morats out.

Rumdog, chaos11, RolandTHTG and 5 others like this.
  20. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

They have this ComLog thing going too where they use the ComLogs to help them fight? So... maybe they're chilling watching Krav videos on YouTube.

Hecaton, DaRedOne and Stiopa like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation