1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on N4 OSS

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Teslarod, Oct 5, 2020.

1. El tito Zylito

El tito Zylito Active Member

god, a naga with deployable repeater is my wet dream

its sad OSS is one of the worst sectorials in repeater network.. even haqqsilam has humzakut with deployable repeater.............

Devil_Tiger and Hiereth like this.
  2. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

We also tend to have more expensive hackers, so only the Mk1, Asura khd, and the Danavas feel like they can "trade up" as someone mentioned earlier. But, for instance, our best KHDs are on the Asura and Shakti, which can go bad quickly with a poor roll.
    While a deployable repeater would be fun, I found myself wishing that one of the garudas had a repeater earlier, as a way to surprise drop one into the enemy lines.

For other OSS list building, do people have any Bounty Hunters they recommend? The regular ABHs can form pretty cheep duos, which a wildcard can join or Sforza can join an abh duo under holomask. Have people tried any of these, or have n3 based tricks they remember?

3. Iver

Iver Human Plus

There's s thread where I asked about the strengths of our mercenaries relative to our own troops.

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/mercenaries.37938/

Someone mentioned that the Authorized Bounty Hunter with the sniper is our only long range option at 0.5 SWC.
    I think we have better active pieces so running them in duos doesn't make much sense compared to our Haris options though.
    They are a cheap haris option which might be interesting to explore, however. (and rolling for booty is fun)

Edit: oh, they only have haris on their profile in vanilla

#23 Iver, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    RolandTHTG likes this.
  4. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

At least its not the Druze. Amazing repeater coverage on remotes, with terrible hackers that you are practically obliged to play in your fireteam. Those repeaters become a hazzard.

El tito Zylito likes this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Right of the bat, add Baggage. And upgrading the Combi rifle to a SMG to make her cheaper, or a MULTI rifle to better show combat applications of the Mother Forge. Add some perimetral options, and a syncro option with a Devabot or Kiranbot... Golden combat engineer who likes to seed the table with stuff.

Even the +0/+2'' in MOV the Sophotect has over Parvati is anecdotic: Parvati has both SuperJump and links as a wildcard. I'm quite dissatisfied with how CB is treating ol' Sofie: first, the video showing her able to link, then the release without linkability, then Trisha gets a profile in OSS able to link (so great, to shore a Dakini link in a Limited Insertion list, with the Mk1 doctor roaming free)... Then Parvati arrives here and to Starmada and becomes a "must use in link"...

The 12pts SMG one is quite appealing for a Dakini link (that has 1-2 Dakinis at most XD).
    The Sniper, as mentioned, is cheap in SWC

#25 xagroth, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    SpectralOwl and Devil_Tiger like this.
  6. Iver

Iver Human Plus

Bounty hunters can't join the Dakini link though

xagroth likes this.
  7. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Unfortunately, I think you're mixing the ABHs and CSUs, only the CSUs can be added to Dakini links.

8. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

So, with the Apsara having sadly fallen by the wayside what‘s the plan for our graceful murderbots?

a) Take an EVO instead
    b) Shed a tear and move on, our Dakini link is still good without buffs
    c) ?

9. Cannon Fodder

I'm looking over the trade up options in OSS and see the following
    • Andromeda can easily trade up vs a HI or Tag
    • Posthumans trade non-order generators for order generators
    • Arjunas have Kiranbots that can be sacrifices for E/marat
      • Kiran bots have Cybermines that need a reset to avoid. If you can maneuver it you can have an opponent stuck taking the mines or a BS shot. You can't avoid the mine and BS shot in the same order.
    • Devabots are cheaper than virtually anything.
    **section removed to avoid confusion from rules misunderstanding**

#29 Cannon Fodder, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Move Apsaras to buff the Total Reaction Bot, or to a single Dakini HMG/Sniper in a Fireteam Core. For defense, add the Missile Launcher remote and fill the fireteam as desired, but yeah, this one is harder to make.
    Use Yadu HMG as point for a Core or Haris, with Rudras/Devas/Yadus/Parvati as partners. Or the HRL as defensive option.

We have more Fireteam: Core options than White Banner (they have TWO!!! Oo) and more wildcard troops thanks to all Deva profiles.

Stiopa and RolandTHTG like this.
  11. Devil_Tiger

Devil_Tiger Your Friendly Neighborhood Asura

Hah i was thinking of that today, give the Sophotect Baggage, deployable repeaters, some sort of mines. I love the idea of the Sophotect as a "builder" trooper, and would also give a bit more options for deploying repeaters than bots or Danava's pitcher.

Iver, Stiopa and xagroth like this.
  12. Heyzuse

Heyzuse New Member

Wait I'm confused as to how this interaction would work. If the Rudras is your active piece or team leader when you move it into range of the enemy hacker, can't the enemy hacker choose to aro vs the remote or choose to hack into the repeater as an ARO? And then how are you activating the asura at the same time to hack "uncontested" when the Rudras is currently the active model?

xagroth likes this.
  13. Cannon Fodder

#33 Cannon Fodder, Oct 9, 2020
  14. Hannibaliafun

Hannibaliafun Active Member

I think the Asura might also generate an aro. It activated that order and is now in the hacking zone of the hacker. I think that means it is a valid aro target.

Stiopa, El tito Zylito and Heyzuse like this.
  15. Heyzuse

Heyzuse New Member

Couldn't the hacker just aro against the Asura by hacking through the repeater?

Stiopa likes this.
  16. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

post human mk 3 has an AP spitfire! they actually viable choice over a mk4 hmg

also disappointed that yadu FO combi rifle option was removed, just half finished painting its model when n4 was released...

#36 dhellfox, Oct 9, 2020
  17. Iver

Iver Human Plus

They still have a FO multi-rifle though.

18. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

yeah but n3 FO combi yadu was (4 points) cheaper than stock multi rifle yadu

Iver likes this.
  19. Iver

Iver Human Plus

But yeah, the MK3 sounds like a fun troop to use now. I think i'll try it out my next game this weekend. Solid midrange HI that can be played aggressively since its death won't lose an order.

20. Cannon Fodder

Nope.

#40 Cannon Fodder, Oct 9, 2020
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation