1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiral Corps Beginner 300pt List

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Nibbs543, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Nibbs543

Nibbs543 Member

Hi everyone,

Just about to get the spiral corps army box set and looking at getting the Helot Militia and Kaauri Sentinals box next. I've come up with the following list using the contents of the boxes. Any thoughts and ideas will be much appreciated.

SWC: 3.5/6 PTS: 298/300

Group 1:

Clipsos FO combi rifle 25pts

Kiel -Saan FTO mk12 46pts

Kaauri Sentinel x2 (1x smg 12pts and 1x paramedic combi rifle 16pts)

Kiiutan combi rifle 29pts

Draal x2 (1x AP marksman rifle 40pts and 1x FTO smg 33pts)

kumotail with Chaksa Servant. Total 24pts

Group 2:

Kriigel LT 20pts

Taagma viral sniper rifle 24pts

Chaksa Auxiliar FTO x2 Total 20pts both FTO with heavy flamethrowers

Helot Militiaman decoy smg light rocket launcher 9pts

Sorry couldn't work out how to paste my army code.

Cheers,

Neal

#1 Nibbs543, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  2. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

Can't tell if it's just my mobile browser but I don't see your list.

3. Nibbs543

Nibbs543 Member

Yeah, apologies had issues pasting the army code. Gone old school and written it out :grinning:

4. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

The list is kind of hard to read but from what I can tell you're thinking of running the Kiel-Saan with a Draal and Paramedic, The Taagma Sniper + 2 Chaksa FTO, and leaving the Draal Marksman, Kumotail, and Kriigel by themselves, yes? Seeing as you have only spent half your SWC, you should probably upgrade the Kiel-Saan to a Red Fury; the extra burst is very helpful in keeping him alive.

I will say that the Draal AP Marksman + a Taagma Tri-Core is the best shooter in our faction and an incredible offensive piece, but if you don't have the Taagma Sniper model yet then you're limited to only running one profile. I'd also see if you might be able to squeeze in 2 Reex to form a defensive Triad with the Kriigel, as their Boarding Shotgun/Contender combo on the 13 point profile is perfectly serviceable for defending your LT.

I'd also definitely see about maybe picking up a Kaeltar box; the power and versatility they add to a list cannot be understated.

EDIT: I just noticed you have the Kiiutan with Combi Rifle; the SMG profile is much better, and seeing as you have SWC to spare, the version with E/M Mines is probably the best bet (Or you could even upgrade to Jaan Staar, the character version).

EDIT 2: Here's a slightly cleaned up version of your list that spends more SWC without really changing the fireteams: https://infinitytheuniverse.com/arm...SAQEAAIKOAQEAAIKQAQEAAIKMAQYAAIMXAQEAAITGAQgA

#4 Delta57Dash, Oct 8, 2020
    Nibbs543 and OrderMonkey like this.
  5. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

I would also note that the kumotail strikes me as a good place to save some points by replacement with the kaauri paramedic for healing (already in the list) and perhaps a kosuil, which is a competent midfield engineer and fighter. i like the kumotail, but i think the kaauri healing ability is just amazing for the price point, with burst 3 in the KS fireteam.

6. Nibbs543

Nibbs543 Member

Thanks for the reply. However, I cant seem to access the army list?

7. Nibbs543

Nibbs543 Member

#7 Nibbs543, Oct 8, 2020
  8. Delta57Dash

For whatever reason your link doesn't work for me, but mine still does haha...

upload_2020-10-8_13-40-39.png

Here's a screenshot of the list I made

Nibbs543 likes this.
  9. Nibbs543

Nibbs543 Member

This is the one I came up with!

Spiral Corps Capture.PNG

10. Delta57Dash

Looking good!

One thing to note (as I did the exact same thing when I first started theorycrafting lists) is to try and keep in mind how you plan to spend your orders. In your list above, you have both Jaan Staar and the Kiel-Saan Triad in the same group. Both are primarily offensive pieces that can eat a lot of orders on your active turn, so you may want to move Jaan to group 2 in order to ensure they both have enough orders to get things done.

The Kosuil is a bit odd (although personally I love them), as essentially his only purpose is to un-hack the Kiel-Saan if it gets into trouble. I noticed you took both the Chaksa FTO's out of this list; personally I would value 2 of those over the Kosuil, as they would give you one extra order (up to 13) and are wonderful pieces for defending your backline with their flamethrowers, and once you get a Taagma Sniper (or proxy one) they form an excellent Triad with him. This would also get you down below 300 points. You could change one or both of them into Helots, as you've got the SWC to spare.

At this point though I'd say you're more than ready to take a list (any of the 3 should do) and play a few games with it. Get a feel for what pieces you like and how effective the combinations are (personally, I prefer the Kiel-Saan outside of his Triad), fiddle around with the options, and try out some different stuff with proxies. Helots, Chaksa FTO's, and the Diplomatic Delegate (or the WarCor) make for fantastic "filler" options that are cheap, effective, and fill out your 15 orders, so you've got a lot of freedom to take what you want, so have fun!

Nibbs543 likes this.
  11. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

i think id swap the kosuil and the kaeltar in grouping. id rather have the kosuil midfield and leave the CoC in the back to feed orders to your smoker

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation