1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vulnerability (Viral)

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Nemo No Name, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

This.

And Karakuri could definitely use Vulnerability (E/M)

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Sure, totally looking forward to Dog Warriors being stopped dead in the tracks by a 3 pt Flash Pulse.

RasPuto and cazboab like this.
  3. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Non lethal

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. Nuada Airgetlam

"stopped dead in its tracks" is a phrase that doesn't mean anyone actually died, just "was stopped immediately"

cazboab likes this.
  5. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Immunity (Total): the Trooper is immune to any Ammunition, cancelling
    its Special Effects and Traits, considering it Normal Ammunition.
    The Trooper is completely immune to Traits that cause States, refer to
    causing Damage, or reduce the Attributes of the target. For example
    State: Dead, Continuous Damage, or ARM=0.
    The Trooper is completely immune to Weapons or Ammunitions with the
    Non-Lethal Trait, not suffering their effects, and not requiring a Saving Roll
    or Guts Roll.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Why would a robot that is impenetrable to tungsten-coated depleted uranium shells, treating them no different from soft point tracer rounds, care about a flash-bang or some pepper spray?

I think what you are alluding to is that E/M should be comms attack just like a Jammer is (which is also electromagnetic flooding)
    ;)

7. Nuada Airgetlam

Dude, I know the rule, this was my reply to the suggestion above that werewolves should be susceptible to non-lethal.

upload_2020-10-6_15-22-4.png

RasPuto and cazboab like this.
  8. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Realism vs playability and balance.
    It should be possible, realistically, to have certain weapons, skills and equipment disabled by E/M, hacking or some kind of voodootech nonsense, to the point where only organic and mechanical weapons can be used, but that kind of thing is outside of the possibility of a game, because it just wouldn't be fun...

Mahtamori likes this.
  9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

They should be. Loup-Garou had Flash grenades because they were effective against dogfaces.

chromedog and the huanglong like this.
  10. Hecaton

Back in N3, before TI got made conpletely broken, Karakuris *were* susceptible to T2, E/M, and Flash. So the "realism" argument doesn't fly.

TI is unfluffy and bad gameplay.

the huanglong and HardDisk like this.
  11. Mahtamori

Total Immunity worked against Flash Pulse until HSN3 introduced Flash ammo but didn't update Total Immunity, if memory serves.
    You haven't done much to build up that gameplay argument you're referring to.

You do realise that Total Immunity doesn't work against Comms Attacks, correct?

iyaerP likes this.
  12. Hecaton

I *do* realize it doesn't work against comms attacks, but my point is that it shouldn't work against nonlethal attacks either.

As far as the gameplay argument goes, TI is dramatically more effective on multi-wound and high-arm units, and yet it isn't costed appropriately on those units. It's bad design.

13. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

But a Big mecha that costs 5 times more is ok?

TI should be affected by non-lethal ammo.

Hecaton likes this.
  14. Panzerschwein

Panzerschwein Well-Known Member

In my view, no bad design. Complaint with the golden high-tech spoon in your mouth? ;P

15. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Total Immunity should be TOTAL. Should dogs have vulnerability(flash, viral) though? Possibly. They're already pretty cheap though, and I wonder how most people would react if CB's formulae says that should make them cheaper.

Overall I think folks will just have to suck it up and not expect the 3 point paparazzi to be the solution to every problem...

16. HardDisk

HardDisk Well-Known Member

Yeah, TOTAL, expect for non-lethal and comms atk ;D

17. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Try taking "flashlight" , then go camping and then defend yourself with it when angry hungry grizzly bear or wolf or boar comes charging at ya... tell us how it went...

RasPuto and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. Mahtamori

Wait wait wait.

But it makes sense that a werewolf can take an autocannon shot in the literal face better than the big mecha? If the Werewolf can shake off what an armoured vehicle can't, how does that make sense if it doesn't that a werewolf could operate at full capacity if their tiny little cell phone got busted?

I mean, if we're looking at the fluff, they're clearly missing vulnerability to stun, but...

19. Nuada Airgetlam

Also, Flash Pulse is not even a light attack, it's a "modem sounds gone to 11 in your earpiece and similar junk overload in your datalinks" kind of an attack.

The Doge is pissed off and doesn't care that his walkie talkie is screeching. It only pisses him off even more.

Mahtamori and cazboab like this.
  20. korva

korva Active Member

I think TI is meant to simulate traditional werewolves beings immune or highly resistant to non-silver damage and the like, its a thematic thing.

Viral is an appropriate weakness, because I doubt CB is going to add silver ammo to the game. Silver is like an extreme allergic reaction in a lot of werewolf stories, and viral comes the closest to simulating that.

And for those that that think Flash Pulse and the like not affecting them is silly, well shit somebody tell the people that caught space lycanthropy from hive-minded space dog-cavemen that them ignoring a flashlight in their eyes is beyond the pale. :P

Edit: Nuada makes a good point, most Dog Warriors go through brutal transformations brought about by wounding themselves/getting shot in battle, they're a barely contained seething ball of rage that can power through a lot of bad shit

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation