1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Impact template rolls

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Henshini, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I know I’m an infinity vet and this probably hasn’t changed, but I’m rereading everything front to back to refresh myself.

The impact template rules say “All mods applied to the attackers roll are determined by the main target”. I. The example on page 51, does this mean the attacker’s roll gets -3 because F2 is in cover against both F2 and F3s rolls?

2. WarHound

WarHound Well-Known Member

it means that only the mods incurred from the primary target matter, example:

Active A (AA) fires a missile launcher at Reactive A (RA), which will catch Reactive B (RB) in the blast.

AA has good range (+3), but RA has cover (-3) and mimetism (-3). On a Ballistic skill of 12, that means AA will hit RA on a 9 or less.

RB chooses to dodge with a target number of 7, and has Mimetism (-6) and also cover (-3).
    In this situation, RB's mods do not apply, as RA is the main target.

End result is that to successfully avoid the attack, RB will have to roll lower than and 8, but higher than whatever AA rolls if AA gets lower than a 10.

Xeurian and toadchild like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation