1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Yu Jing; the good the bad the ugly

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Mahtamori, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

That was true even in N3, you were statistically extremely unlikely to one round one of those top end TAGs with any weapon and they would duck into cover and heal on their turn if you didn't chase them down.

As far as slowing them down from rushing you repeaters and hackers are a much bigger threat in N4 than they are in N3. Oblivion is still very dangerous to them.

ObviousGray likes this.
  2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Great opinion as always. Thx - and I'm eager to see some your Liu Xings in action. Finally these guys are worth a try.

3. det

det Member

quite glad TAGs are useful in N4. My experience with them in N3 was that they needed much protection and usually some well played camo AP guns would make short work of them most of the times.

4. Triumph

Getting possessed is still an existential threat for every TAG that isn't the Avatar. Most of them will probably still be fairly chicken if you have some hackers kicking about on the table.

If you get an early Possession off one of the things you can do to try and get it killed is bait a counter possession and run the TAG into the open and face it backwards. If your opponent gets the counter off, now his TAG is stuck in the open and can't guts into cover, and you have 1 order of shooting it in the ass with no ARO.

If they don't counter hack start shooting their shit up with the TAG.

Tourniquet likes this.
  5. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

You can do that even without 6th sense. Stealth does only work in ZoC, not "Hacking Area" in general.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

OP updated to reflect the changes to Celestial Guard MSniper and Hacker as well as Chung-Hee's name correction

the huanglong likes this.
  7. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Are these corrections or was there an update?

8. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

They were updated to pay N4 costs for their shit

the huanglong likes this.
  9. the huanglong

That's nice, maybe they will look at Qiang Gao

10. Triumph

Yeah something's fucky with him. +1BS DMG +1ARM +3BTS and +1WIP shouldn't come out to an 11point increase.

11. the huanglong

Actually I don't know why I care, he's never going to be better than Shang Jis-us as a HMG, and being in a link is a waste of his 2 LT orders as there is no wildcard in WBA.

12. Triumph

Veteran LT you can't oblivion.

Probably a bigger deal for Vanilla or IA though as you could play who's the LT2 with Daoyings and an NCO

#332 Triumph, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  13. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

Yeah, for IA, with the Daoying Hacker being less of an auto-include, I've been looking for linkable LTs and I'd love to fit in a cheaper Qiang Gao instead of a Zhanshi LT or something.

14. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

You better believe they are. I enjoyed them (despite their flaws) in N3 but now my meta has already developed a greater fear of things falling from the sky than the dinosaurs.

15. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

So, just want to point out, having just gotten my copy of the book... Why the hell is the Daofei STILL listed as being in IA?

It'd just take a couple of lines to mention how the Zhencha's cheaper and easier to maintain armour tookover the Daofei's role in IA, while the Daofei itself was repurposed to where it's heavier duty armour and armament would shine. Ridiculously easy to fix.

I know this is really nitpicky, but come on guys, you've had years to deal with this one.

16. the huanglong

God, give me back my Daofei where he belongs.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  17. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

As much as I think that the Daofei and Hac Tao would be much better served switching places between their respective sectorials, I'm mostly over it at this point. I just wish CB would put in the two sentences of effort required to at least change the fluff to make the slightest bit of sense over it. They added plenty of justifications to many new troops for why they're showing up in specific locations, so this should easily fit in with everything else they're doing.

Space Ranger and SpectralOwl like this.
  18. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

HacTao in WB would add another layer of guessing where are the points. Is it tiger? Or hundun? Or maybe hac Tao? Are these 3 Zhanshi hackers real or is it Tian gou obstructing 20 points that are elsewhere? Also NCO for WB would be nice. There is linkable lt+1 that cannot use lt orders in a link and no nco in a faction.

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Qiang Gao was an okay-ish LT in White Banner, but the double increase in points and the increase in SWC has rendered him significantly less viable. Add in increased hacking potency of this edition and I think he's just pointless as he just can't compete with the Shock HMG Shang-Ji LT doing the same job for a lower price, lower SWC and better Fireteam compatibility. I think Qiang Gao ought to be 40 or 39 points for the non-LT version, but honestly he needs a bit more going for him than just being the same price as the Shang-Ji LT so I hope they can invest those points they added to him into skills instead

the huanglong and Paegis like this.
  20. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Maybe they forgot to change his PH to 14 and give him the rest of shang ji skills xD. Also don't forget Qiang is veteran so he is oblivion safe lt+1.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation