1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gui Jia still makes me sad.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by HotFreshTofu, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Assuming one would want to make a Guijia list (not a meme, but an actual list to complete ITS 11 missions), what sectorial/army brings the best tools to support it? Guijia is currently in vanilla YJ, White Banner, IA and White Company.

Thoughts?

Edit: I'm starting a petition to make the Guijia + Blue Wolf Duo a reality (?)

#61 Joametz, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Sounds like the good ol' "She's not a loli, she's actually a 900 year old demon" :joy:

With regards to Guija, I actually don't mind his "CC tax" anymore. Not when Fiday's, Shinobu and Duroc can be in your deployment zone instantly and you have a massive crosshair over your TAG's head. The HFT and good martial arts helps him a lot in that regard, I think.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Guijia's base is 55mm wide. Guijia is 67mm tall. In order to jump over a 1mm thick wall that is 68mm tall (i.e. Guijia can't vault it), you need to move up 68mm (wall height), then forward 56mm (base diameter plus wall thickness), then down 68mm - note how this move is not strictly legal because it's two 90ยบ turns and not an arc - you have 68+68+56=192mm (7.6") which is more than the 150mm first MOV that a Guijia has.

The same is true for the Ye Mao in the example, it is impossible to reach the ground on the other side of an obstacle that the model can't also vault over because the Ye Mao would need to be 6-2 to make the jump they showcase in the example.

The same is also true for S6 units with 6-X MOV and Super-Jump (i.e. werewolves) - unless you play in inches, however the 1mm of margin is literally only a curiosity.

Willen, zapp, Weathercock and 3 others like this.
  4. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

I've just done more geometry in the past 20 minutes than i probably have in the last 20 years. This is very silly. Especially given that the example in the rules isn't mathematically legal.

5. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

It's funny how easy it would have been to skirt around falling and jumping by just saying that a model can fall up to their first MOV value, and idles if that's not possible, just killing fall damage itself.

Benkei, Mahtamori and darthchapswag like this.
  6. SpectralOwl

I still think Super Jump is very useful for the Guijia. Being able to jump onto a building and still get a FTF roll is very good considering how strong elevation is in N4, especially for high-ARM units like TAGs. Being on a roof gets it out of the way of a lot of the usual threats to TAGs like Warbands or E/M templates, too.

7. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

The elevation point is really spot on.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation