1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gui Jia still makes me sad.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by HotFreshTofu, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Jeeong comes with a repeater and is himself not hackable, which makes him a fantastic partner for covering a lot of the Guijia's weaknesses. His loadouts both also offer some great supportive tools to boot. His duo with the Guijia goes a long way towards enhancing its viability in my eyes. Krit brings some interesting (ABOUT TIME!) toys to the table, but I feel he'll be better suited to other fireteams and functions than babysitting the Turtle.

As far as PanO's hacking goes, none of their deployable repeaters come on board minelayers, which is pretty huge. They have to spend orders and reveal themselves to drop off their payloads. We get ours with no investment at deployment. Peacemakers can definitely become fantastic walls now, thanks especially to the ability to start in suppressive fire, but are still more vulnerable than our own repeater nets, and are themselves vulnerable to hacking. Their tinbots aren't as good as ours, and as good as Santiagos are, they only start to get scary in MO, where they get fireteam access and the Combat Jump profile, but then lose a lot of their repeater net potential.
    Yu Jing also is one of the only two factions to get a Sixth Sense hacker in vanilla, and ours is arguably the best of the two for its cost. That alone can be a huge threat when comparing the hacking game of both factions.

2. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

This is what I've been waiting for. This is the moment. It all makes sense now.

a solitary tear streaks my left cheek. Could this be happiness?

nazroth likes this.
  3. Greysturm

Greysturm Invincible Army Drill Sergeant/Military Theorist

Weathercock beat me to a response, ill just add that we have higher willpower in general and our tinbot fireteams are much more flexible and overall better than pano options in all our sectorials. ECM is debatable as thanks to the proportions of our armies an evo hacker fairy dust tends to be more effective for us in most situations.

4. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put much weight into the WIP difference. These days, PanO tends to have most of their important troopers hovering around the 13 WIP mark. That whole 'low WIP faction' thing that PanO had going on is kind of just limited to the troopers that don't really matter much when it comes to that anyway.

Mahtamori and the huanglong like this.
  5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Is it me or can no one else find Guided anywhere in the rules other than in ECM?

6. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

Page 45 as a subsection of BS Attack

7. Space Ranger

Thanks! And so far, I can only find the skill on the Nox MSR. It seems to be gone from all Missile Bots. So primarily a waste of points I think. But I've seen worse.

8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

It's in their skills and equipment now, not the weapon.

9. Nimlothautle

Nimlothautle Well-Known Member

I am happy with the Guija, this is downer thread is really barrel scrapping. Is the Guija good? no, but at least it's interesting now and I rate it quite a bit better than other 'bad' tags like the Seraph or O-Yoroi. Multi-hmg makes a massive difference here, because even in N4 Tags still make up a massive amount of the value of your list. This means you want them safe in your line ARO'ing with their explosive round from cover, and then making hit and runs on the active turn before returning to safety. They are a fragile unit and a finesse weapon. The normal HMG and AP HMG don't pull their weight in the reactive turn and even more so their lower armor.

In the grand scheme none of these Tags have shooting mods like the Cutter and Avatar, and probably still aren't worth taking in a truly competitive sense like those Tags can be. If it had remote presence, i think it might even be mid tier. But I am super glad to Guijia and Blue Wolf in Yu Jing. Finally some variety and spice.

(your not underrating super-jump tho, it was janky in N3 and they kept it janky with a good helping of nerf.)

Balseraph, Mc_Clane and Space Ranger like this.
  10. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I really don't understand why they nerfed Super Jump but Climbing + is still the same when C+ was already the superior skill to begin with

emperorsaistone likes this.
  11. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Nox MSR and all of the Remotes with Missile Launcher.
    With the upgrade of Targeted, you could see more of them on the table.

Space Ranger likes this.
  12. Space Ranger

Well apparently I'm blind! lol Thanks again.

13. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

I don't know, CC20/BS14/ARM 8/BTS 6/6-4MOV/Super-Jump/MULTI-HMG seems quite funny for 82 pts.
    When talking about TAGs, it always look like people forget how hard it is to put them down.
    Don't forget that the points decrease combined to crit rework largely favorise the in-game durability of HI & TAGs.

Bonus: if super jump doesn't seems broken to you maybe you need to vary environment. In my local group we have lot of rooftops hard to access, rivers with dangerous terrain rule (sinking) and saturation zones.
    We often roll up the terrain in order to have variety of setups and it's game changing. On "open" tables big guns are always kings, but on dense and vertical tables shotguns, martial arts and any form of movement is broken.

14. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

CC22! And Martial Arts takes that to CC25, -3, and Damage 17.

aglaraina and LeGweg like this.
  15. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

You right ! CC20 is only for the pilot.
    Now I love it even more

ijw likes this.
  16. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

Someone needs to make a call to pitagoras :joy:
    Just kidding!

Their cost around the same. I suppose they've realized that super-jump is a little more efficient in terms of order spent since horizontal+vertical>diagonal. plus it can provide a little more spice regarding strange LoFs.

I don't see such of a big deal in that regard. The bad thing seemingly is that you can't superjump on a fireteam and move with the troops that doesn't have it. While with climbing plus you can move troopers that doesn't have the skill.

#56 Mc_Clane, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

On the other hand Super-Jump is binary - you can either make the jump or you can't make the jump. Climbing+ you can stop mid-point.

As with the current rules, Super-Jump has been so severely nerfed as a pop-up tool and as a traversal tool (the Ye Mao example is a complete lie) that it looks accidental.

Sure, jumping up on a roof and jumping over a river is mostly unchanged.

18. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Is the super jump nerf really that practically impactful to a TAG? S7 height is 67mm, so that's roughly 2.6 inches. This gives a super jumping TAG an effective height of 5.6 inches. Using Warsenal terrain as an example, average 1 story building height with parapet is 3.5 inches. Their scatter terrain tends to be 1-2 inches in height. So super jumping TAGs can still start in total cover and still jump high enough to shoot over an average 1 story structure, even with terrain on top of it. It's not quite enough to clear a 2 story building like it would have been able to in N3, but i'd say it's still valuable.

The nerf is much more significant for S2 troops with 4-4 move as they can no longer clear that 3.5" building with a parapet height, shoot, and fall back into total cover.

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It is less impactful for a Guijia, but just like a Ye Mao, the Guijia is completely incapable of short-skill jumping over an obstacle that is the same height as can be vaulted over.
    68mm metal wire fences require both to spend an entire order skill either climbing or jumping over (also keep in mind that climbing has additional free movement - it's possible for Guijia to climb a (very rare) building that is 8" tall in one order, but not entire order jump it due to climb's clip-on free movement.)

20. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Why can't a Guilja jump over a 68mm obstacle in one short move? The jump example in the rule book is a S2 model with a 4" move jumping over a 1.7" tall obstacle.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation