1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

asking about negative mod

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Kuellet, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Kuellet

Kuellet Member

upload_2020-10-2_14-9-24.png
    cc attack -6 means
    penthesilea cc attack make enemy mod -6 ?
    or enemys cc attack -6

2. Catspaw

Catspaw Well-Known Member

negative modifiers always apply to your opponent, positive modifiers always apply to you.

3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

That doesn't answer the question. The question was whether the -6 applies to the enemy if Penthesilea uses CC Attack, or the enemy does. I am fairly certain it's the former.

4. Catspaw

Catspaw Well-Known Member

It applies to both. Whether in the active or reactive turn, any time Penthesilea engages in CC with an opponent, they take a -6 modifier to their attack roll.

chromedog likes this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think that in order to apply only to the opponent's CC Attack skill the words "CC Attack" would need to be inside the bracket. As such, for consistency with other rules, I think that the negative MOD only applies when Penthesilea uses the skill outside the bracket.
    So, if Penthesilea moves into CC with a Ninja and declares BS Attack with the Nanopulsers, the Ninja will roll on CC Attack on 26
    If Penthesilea moves into CC with a Ninja and declares CC Attack with the Mono CCW the Ninja will roll CC Attack on 20 (same as Penthesilea)

Aldo likes this.
  6. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

It should be I-Khol, right? Then its only in cc

It's a CC Attack mod, so you should be referring to a cc attack common skill
    [​IMG]

#6 Lucian, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  7. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

Per the MOD rules, it should be that when Penny declares CC Attack, the -6 applies to the opponent’s roll for whatever they declare (Dodge, CC Attack, BS Attack, etc.) during the order. I’m not sure whether it’s meant to apply to all rolls or just FtF, though.

Aldo and JoKeR like this.
  8. KujakuDM

KujakuDM Vigilo Confido

The way I interpret it:
    The skill outside the bracket is declared by any party: They apply the modifier

So like in some future situation we might see a model with

Dodge (+3,-6) would mean that in their Order/ARO any Dodges they make get +3 and any opposing dodges get -6.
    BS Attack (-6) would mean that all BS attacks against them apply a -6 MOD.

I'm not sure I'm fully correct here but Its how I read it from the RAW

9. KujakuDM

KujakuDM Vigilo Confido

One related questions. Do MODs in brackets apply no matter in ARO or Active Turn?

I'm assuming that any +1 Burst mods are knocked back down to 1 in ARO but now Im not sure...

10. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

The value of an Attribute, Burst, Damage, Ammunition, number of uses... in
    round brackets next to a Special Skill, Weapon, or Equipment will be used,
    applying its effects if necessary, only when using that Special Skill, Weapon
    or Equipment.

A negative MOD (-) in round brackets next to a Special Skill, Weapon, or
    Equipment will be applied only to enemies.

Page 81

I think its pretty clear that Pente's CC Attack (-6) applies to any FtF where Pente uses the CC Attack skill

IMPORTANT
    If these Modifiers (MODs) affect Burst (B), they are only applied during the
    Active Turn. Troopers with more than one of these MODs may only apply one of
    them at a time.

Page 81

KujakuDM and Mahtamori like this.
  11. KujakuDM

KujakuDM Vigilo Confido

Ok. So If I am reading it in line with you then. Any time a Model with SKILLNAME (-x) uses SKILLNAME, no matter what the opponent does they apply the -X?

So hypothetical skill of Dodge (-3) would mean. The owner of that skill declares a dodge, and the opponent gets a -3 to any skill they do.

12. Mahtamori

Only to stuff they do something that affects the user or face to face them. I.e. in your example, if you Dodge (-3) and the opponent also Dodges, they won't be at -3

KujakuDM likes this.
  13. KujakuDM

KujakuDM Vigilo Confido

Makes sense to me there.

So SKILLNAME (-X) applies a -X penalty to any opponent F2F rolls when the user declares SKILLNAME.

Aldo, Mahtamori and colbrook like this.
  14. KujakuDM

KujakuDM Vigilo Confido

Just to add an additional clarify:

SKILLNAME (+X) applies a +X bonus to any d20 roll the user makes with SKILLNAME, F2F or not.

Notable Exception: +1 Burst only applies during the active turn.

15. Ric

Ric New Member

I do agree with your reading but interestingly this quote doesnt apply as CC Attack isnt a "Special Skill, Weapon or Equipment" it is a common skill. Unless there is an unfound reference that when a common skill is listed with a mod, it is raised to be a special skill. Similar with all the Dodge skills with mods or a special PH attribute etc.

16. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Wait a minute...

CC Attack (-X) and the "[CC Weapon]" (-X) impose the -X mod to the enemy roll whenever the owner use the skill or the related weapon.

We have CC Attack -3 and -6, but also notably PARA CCW -3 and -6. If there are other cases, i missed them.

17. Mahtamori

The two types of ECM, Mimetism, Surprise Attack, etc are basically MODs like these with caveats and I think there's a unit with Trinity (-3), though I may be confusing this with Mary's AP Trinity.
    There aren't too many MODs like this so far, but there might be more in the future.

18. Kumatake81

Kumatake81 Well-Known Member

A Barid killer hacker got Trinity(-3)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation