1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Yu Jing; the good the bad the ugly

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Mahtamori, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Technically in the pdf file with all markers for n4 I haven't seen any camo -0 so it's either missing skill or missing marker.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

:scream: it's weird as fuck.
    Id rather pay 5 points more for a mimetism version (mimetism -3 worths 2 or 3 proints on average) than having a half baked troop that costs shit. and the main selling point of this bot for me is the minelayer. It's weird It doesn't have minelayer on both profiles.

But well I bet we can deal nerfs like this, even seen things like the nomad powercreep :thinking_face:

4. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Honestly, the LongYa was too good before imho. It's still good now.
    Btw, it also lost 2 of its Panzerfaust ammunition because there are no 2x Panzerfaust anymore. But it gained a fire template.

ObviousGray and Benkei like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Lu Duan has been changed.
    Added: +1 B on Flamer, Minelayer, DepRep.
    Removed: Repeater

Paegis, colbrook and ObviousGray like this.
  6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Another minelayer deployable repeater, yes

7. Mahtamori

And as long as you also bring a Son-Bae, this provides a way to deal with Repeaters, deployable and worn, as IA. Move the Lu Duan up, drop a Repeater near the target. If you accidentally eat an ARO, the Lu Duan can be fixed instead of having a brick on top of the building. Then hack the target with Spotlight (whích doesn't need a Trooper as target, it can target a deployable repeater) and drop AP+EXP missiles on it.
    Order intensive, but a solution to the problem.

Can do the same with Krit, but he's a bit of a premium, and Cheeong can do similarly at slightly fewer orders.

8. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

It also means an extra order to supportware the Lu Duan after first turn. Might be useful to place a repeater in your Husong farm so they can be buffed later. B2 flamer is pretty neat. Interesting (and encouraging!) that they are adding flavor to units this late after the release

Dragonstriker likes this.
  9. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

Big fan of this Lu Duan change. It's a great niche that separates it from Rui Shi while also giving armies like IA and ISS some useful, if order intensive, repeater coverage. A strict buff, and a balanced one at that.

Paegis likes this.
  10. Greysturm

Greysturm Invincible Army Drill Sergeant/Military Theorist

Interesting, this helps the lu duan become a safer fire and forget unit. You dont need to worry about parking it near killer hackers now. It also helps push network coverage in our deployment and most of our half of the table. which given the changes to hacking it will allow us to mark any unit that moves into range and counter some hackable enemies with threats of oblivion or death.

11. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha they didn't want to answer the question on how repeaters in holomask work so badly they changed the fucking profile.

Willen, ObviousGray, Sedral and 4 others like this.
  12. herod1204

herod1204 Knight of Santiago

They did that to Moran's as well, they originally had camo and repeaters, now you have to choose!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

13. Mahtamori

It was less an issue on the Lu Duan because the Lu Duan is attackable and hackable when in Marker states, it's more that they wanted to avoid dealing with Holoecho and Repeater. It gets messy for both players and I'm sort of glad they removed it instead of forcing a solution.
    Simply Holomask on a Repeater is not much different from a Pitcher landing surprisingly near you or a unit with Repeater moving up unexpectedly.

Holomask still has "fun" in the reverse way when a Kanren pretends to be Cheong-Hee, a Lu Duan pretends to be Rui Shi or a Hafza pretends to be Saladin. Still gets to play the repeater game, but the solution is simpler "turns out you're actually out of range"

Stuffist likes this.
  14. Mahtamori

First time I see it;
    Seems when Blue Wolf pilot picked up their Light Shotgun, the Guijia pilot also put down their Light Flamethrower and picked up a Sub-machine Gun.
    Now I just need to get it out of my head to stop thinking "Submarine Gun" every time I see a unit with an SMG.

Stuffist and Space Ranger like this.
  15. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

I'm not so concerned about it. For me, the long-ya was just one cheap way to put some mines between the enemy and my troops. Mimetism was kind of a bonus. What I don't understand in that regard are the profiles without minelayer. the heavy shotgun one is specially useless... since I believe it's worse than a lu-duan for mooving, attack, defense (damage 15 suppresive, viewing through smoke), and support (repeater, mine sweeper holoechos)... and that was before this juicy changes

#235 Mc_Clane, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  16. Mahtamori

HMG range band Direct Impact Template is hard to argue with.

Edit: terminology is hard

#236 Mahtamori, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Dragonstriker likes this.
  17. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I suspect at some point in testing shotguns carried the bigger template.

wut?

18. Amusedbymuse

I don't have access to n4 rule book right now so if someone could clarify this I would be thankful. In mobile Army app Feuerbach has b1 on both exp and ap+da modes. Is it just a mistake or did they nerf Feuerbach and by some margin Krit?

19. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Looking fine on my end:
    feuerb.JPG

It's the same in the rulebook/pdf.

Amusedbymuse likes this.
  20. Amusedbymuse

Looks like they fixed it recently, before I was offline and after going online app went through quite long profile updating process and yes it is b2 now :)
    Side note flammenspeer is next to Feuerbach and I just notice that blast mode is the same as hit but with template. Is hit mode useful only if you have unit next to target and don't want to nullify attack or am I missing something?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation