1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little blue men

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by the huanglong, Apr 16, 2020.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Just finished painting another Kaauri sentinel, not because I expect to use it, but because I am running out of backlog. I almost never consider including Kaauri Sentinels in my Spiral (or Tohaa) lists and I suspect this is a common sentiment.

Are people using Kaauri Sentinels?

I'd like to see them pick up fireteam core in Spiral with an option to include a Kosuil, another seemingly unpopular troop.

I'd also like to see them get basic fireteam triad but I imagine this will be a more drastic buff to Spiral than the meta will accept.

2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Depending on points, I'll sometimes find 2pts to exchange a Chaska for one. I wouldn't ever take a profile other than the 12pt one unless I wanted to run a Kiel-Saan triad, but for a couple points more than a chaksa the little guy gives you a few tools that don't matter most games but really matter when they hit their niche. Nothing like a nullifier for breaching an objective room secured by Eraser or Exile AROs. I've also not done this myself, but I have had a spiral player reserve a Kaauri against me when I was playing Hassassins, which was a right tick.

meikyoushisui and the huanglong like this.
  3. the huanglong

Hmm, I never thought of them as a potential upgrade for one of the 2 to 4 Chaksa who are invariably in the list already. I'll keep that in mind.

4. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

last few games i playit 3 smg guys, his unique ordar was coordinated-supresive fire in cover, good boyz:

Spiral Corps
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]3

NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 48)
    TAAGMA (Tri-Core) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
    KUMOTAIL Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)

KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    KRIIGEL Submachine Gun, Phero-Booster / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    DRAAL (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 40)

HELOT MILITIAMAN Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 9)
    HELOT MILITIAMAN Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 9)
    CLIPSOS Minelayer Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6

KAAURI Sentinel Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulsers, Nullifier / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 12)
    KAAURI Sentinel Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulsers, Nullifier / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 12)
    CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)

6 SWC | 294 Points

Open in Infinity Army

5. the huanglong

Thread worked, thanks everyone. Four less little blue men to paint.

[​IMG]

6. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

They are rdy to spot some impersonators!

Oni and the huanglong like this.
  7. Darkinga

Darkinga Nómada Nómada

Lovely stuff XD

the huanglong and melkiach like this.
  8. Alri

Alri Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I tend to play them alot. especialy the SMG ones and from time to time the sniper since he does realy good for that points (its great to have him hiden somewhere on side to just force people counting with him in their passive turn limiting their options or taking unwanted shots)

WarHound and melkiach like this.
  9. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

I like the Kaauri quite a bit, particularly the sniper version behind a stratuscloud in the reactive. Between those on the long firelanes and helots locking down the in betweens I always feel confident facing my opponents first turn.

10. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

Well with N4 change to MSV1 Kauri could start to see some tabletime.

melkiach likes this.
  11. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

Well, they certainly have gotten a big upgrade with N4.

I was using them a lot in Tohaa in N3 as they were excellent defenders.
    Now the Nullifiers have been replaced with E/M Mines, which, if I am not mistaken, can be placed in a coordinated order. Thus I want to experiment with 3-4 Kaauris in my second combat group laying mines and going into SF.

12. the huanglong

I will certainly consider the Kiel Saan + 2 kauri paramedic triad now. B3 medikit that revives if 1/3 is successful will be quiet useful as will the mines.

13. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Kiel Saan no longer have that Special Triad, now he only can make Special Triad with Kiel Saan FTO + Draal FTO (SMG) + Kaauri Paramedic

More cheap this special triad than the last one

14. Achelon

Achelon Well-Known Member

You are mistaken.

What the rule says is that that specific Special Fireteam Triad can be composed by Kiel Saan FTO, Draal FTO and Kaauri Paramedics.

In any place it says it must be one of each, just that those 3 profiles are the ones that can form this triad.

Therefore:

Kiel Saan, Kiel Saan, Kiel Saan
    Kiel Saan, Kiel Saan, Draal FTO
    Kiel Saan, Kiel Saan, Kaauri Paramedic
    Kiel Saan, Draal FTO, Draal FTO
    Kiel Saan, Kaauri Paramedic, Kaauri Paramedic
    Kiel Saan, Draal FTO, Kaauri Paramedic
    Draal FTO, Draal FTO, Kaauri Paramedic
    Draal FTO, Kaauri PAramedic, Kaauri Paramedic
    Draal FTO, Draal FTO, Draal FTO
    Kaauri Paramedic, Kaauri Paramedic, Kaauri Paramedic

All of those are valid Special Fireteam Triads.

meikyoushisui, Zsimbi and melkiach like this.
  15. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Then, i'm VERY VERY pleased to be so mistaken!!!!

Thank you broHaa!

Achelon likes this.
  16. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

Has anyone found and decent proxies for the Kaauri (and the reex for that matter) that are actually S1?

17. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

i really don't want to proxy them, i love them (well, Reex faces are a bit creepy...) but i always play with a plastic S1 silhuette near hehehe

Cothel likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation