1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Give Kumotails the Support Pheroware tactics...

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by the huanglong, Mar 4, 2018.

1. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

... and let them use them through their mediocre servants please.

Thaddius, Cothel and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  2. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

That would be intresting but probably way to strong kumotail price would need to be really expensive for that to be fair I guess....

Abrilete likes this.
  3. Erolag

Erolag Member

I think that pheroware tactics has huge potential to create many interesting solo units for Tohaa army (not triad).
    For example infiltrator in camo with endgame and high WIP charecteristic or new special medic with firstaid and revitalis skills and 1 special servant with him (something like fastpanda) to use zone of controle both of them it's even can be special character.
    I realy want to see new AD unit with pademonium and hellzone for example.

Tohaa army has high potential to create more new units with exlusive mechanics and i hope that we'll get them in future.

ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  4. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

The problem with exclusive mechanics is that everyone else will claim they are too powerful because their army doesn't have it. It would be awesome to get units like that however. I also wouldn't mind the Kumotail getting some love since most Tohaa players tend to avoid her. I've won games with her, but rarely think of her as a must have unit and often leave her off lists.

5. Erolag

Erolag Member

In my opinion every fraction should have own "exclusive mechanics" and rules. Somebody has odd, somebody - nwi, spam camo it's also "exclusive mechanics" for fraction or even archetype. And i can't wine that i can't have all miniatures in camo just becouse i chose Tohaa fraction and they have only 1 camo I knew that.

I realy don't like Kumotail. I have Sakiel/Kamael paramedic or Spec-Ops and my playstyle too agrecive for use one order to heal my troops and we have 2-3 wounds on our main units so don't need to heal them even if it was be creted.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  6. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

Only time I take kumotail is in mission like highly classified there is a good chance to use her as a engineer and as a doctor...otherwise would love to use her but she is rarely worth it

Erolag likes this.
  7. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Considering how much people hate Ghazi Muttawia I'm pretty sure this would never happen. Especially on an Infiltrator. Extra especially on a camo infiltrator.

The problem with the whole Pheroware tactics is that some of them are stupid good but have 1 use and it might fail. Having unlimited no-LoF ZoC Damage thing would result in a lot of problems. Jammer is abd enough, and it is on an Extremely Impetuous suicidal guy. Jammer or murderjammer on an actual troop? Terrible. Not even funny.

Maaaybe the Imm1 one and the Stunned one, but not in a troop that starts next to the enemy.

Mirrorball and the healing ones should be on at least one troop tho. Not on too many troops, Tohaa are annoying enough without every triad being able to heal itself through space magic, but on some AVA1 guy or something would be nice.

ChoTimberwolf, Abrilete and Erolag like this.
  8. Erolag

Erolag Member

Muttawiah cost is 5/10 points for modle. May be if our unit was 30-35 points for modle without simbiot armor it would be nice piece. Without either or both camo/infiltration if we want to balance him. 6/4 moove, climbing+, hellzone/pademonium looks like nice alternative for our usual "killer" for me.

9. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

Yeah I think you have to be careful of "exclusive mechanics." Most other troopers bar Ghazi have comparable troops. Ghazi have a unique space in Haqq but like said above are balanced by being ext imp + irregular in a faction that uses a lot of irregular. Give Ghazi to a faction that can spam regular orders or give haqq inspiring leadership and it's a different ball game. The same thing goes for Tohaa.

We have symbiomates which are very exclusive but what balances them internally is the fact that Tohaa troops individually do not have great stats, triads can be taken apart by targetting mooks thus good troops become more vulnerable and the faction limitation like ariadna of being hacking limited.

I would like to see pheroware tactics on other troops but they're need to be quite contained like the Kaauri nimbus sphere. I doubt we'll see the damaging one or isolating one. The imm-1 would be quite strong but not busted. Having it on a Kumotail would be neat though other troop profiles. I'd like white noise on a Gao Rael just because it would be stupid but that's me...

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation