1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 Injustices

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hiereth, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

Today I bring to you at least two cases of severe injustice in N4, feel free to add on your own.

1. Yadu HMG NCO, and the Foxtrot LT are both still 2 swc. Outside of big man Achilles they are the only two units that remain at 2 swc going into N4, and I cannot parse why out of every unit in the game they are bludgeoned with this tax.
    Edit: Yadu has been fixed, only the foxtrot remains.

2. Al Fasid being non-shock immune (which may now be untrue, was being looked into). Same Idea, the only HI in the entire game that is non shock immune, for Allah knows what reason.
    Edit: Fixed, bless.

It's not even a matter of why, these units don't carry the weight or power to justify such, in context, extreme differences.

Note that this isn't meant to be a "I demand these be changed things" thread, just want to hear wider opinions, or other examples of units lost in time.

#1 Hiereth, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Kreslack and El tito Zylito like this.
  2. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

The Al Fasid is almost certainly a bug in Army.

chromedog likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

1. Most TAG LTs and NCOs are 2 SWC (Jotums is 2.5)
    2. Maybe chill and wait while it's being double-checked. This is going to happen eventually, though I'm mostly surprised it happened for a HI.

Games are meant to be full of small injustices. Small injustices spread evenly makes for interesting games. Small injustices spread unevenly makes for bad games.

4. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

And small injustices spread on toast make a bitter breakfast.

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Al Fasid - is a bug, and already on the list to be fixed.

Yadu NCO HMG - on the whole I agree, on the other hand it’s one of the most robust unhackable NCO HMGs in the game, with potential full Core bonuses as well. Not being Hackable is a big deal in N4.

Foxtrot LT - look outside your faction. :-( Some other skirmisher LTs (for example Malignos) were simply removed...

Goonhammer, chromedog, Stiopa and 2 others like this.
  6. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

I only play within Aleph and Tohaa/Spiral atm, have just been digging around a lot since N4 dropped.

I agree that being unhackable is a big boon, same with the foxtrot, I get that having a camo LT is a big up especially when USARF doesn't have great Lt options, or didn't.. it's the fact that in the grand scale of infinity (outside of tags) it is only these two units that were chosen for this. I'll still play the Yadu no problems, box is on the way, it just seems odd to me.

Also thank you for the Fasid confirmation, and in general how helpful you've been going in-between, it's very appreciated.

ijw likes this.
  7. Nimlothautle

Nimlothautle Well-Known Member

Removing the DaoFei HMG from N4, when the sculpt was just released in Beyond Red Veil is Beyond Injustice, heh. At least they gave us back the Guilang MSR after removing it in Code One so I don't feel like the whole box was wasted. And any unit with Super Jump. I had such high hopes for it to be updated to Climbing+ style rules, instead stayed just as clunky and ate a nerf.

#7 Nimlothautle, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  8. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Al Fasid now has Immunity(Shock) in Army.

Hiereth and Cadwallon like this.
  9. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I think the Yadu is getting taxed on the NCO. Raicho and Squalos are 2 SWC on their NCO profiles.

Before you ask why, some factions get charged more or less for certain things it's just always been that way. The Guijia pays 0.5 SWC to be an LT, the Squalos gets the LT skill for free while Yu Jing gets NCO for free instead on relevant profiles.

10. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Intruder LT option!
    Not being able to run a true full camo list in vanilla is a bit disappointing - and the guy had a big enough cost to not be as easy camo lt choice as Daiyoing for example.
    And while KHD SMR Intruder is a great new inclusion, old Hacker with combi+flamer was a classified deck champion in N3.

nazroth likes this.
  11. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

I spent the entire of it's release proxying as a spitfire, then the first game I had access to a daofei spitfire model I proxied it as a Multi rifle.

Sad the HMG is gone but it's not a wild loss, Hac tao are still there

12. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

With respect to the Yadu, I find the change perfectly acceptable. The Asura has Haris on every profile now, Yadu somehow managed to get 6-2 movement while retaining their non-hackability, and OSS needed some nerfs. It's definitely a high cost, but OSS almost always tended to run light on SWC before, and will likely still run light now.

RolandTHTG likes this.
  13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Oh boy, I somehow missed Yadu getting 6-2, hahaha :P

Yadus are great, they're basically unhackable light HIs, and NCO in Asura Haris is a great deal. I don't mind paying 2 SWC for that.

My own single biggest complaint are Santiago and Magisters costs. While other HIs went down in price, often significantly, these stayed the same or almost the same.

14. Nimlothautle

Nimlothautle Well-Known Member

It's not really a loss for the profile or faction, it's just kind of an infuriating business practice.

15. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Order Sergeants in MO.

MSV2 Spitfire OS costing 1.5 SWC (Deva MSV2 Spitfire with NWI costs 1 SWC).

General OS cost, especially now that TO are different unit and would not be affected.

Funny enough Hospitallers seem to be on expensive side compared to Asawiras (yes I know Hospitallers got yet another discount).
    Most LI/MI PanO characters (though again Konstantinos hot price decrease but still Assault Pistol and Combi).

Stiopa likes this.
  16. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Oh, Crusader. It's just crazy to compare him to Raul.

Stiopa likes this.
  17. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

MO in general seems to be in a weird spot, not bad, but kind of caught between editions..

Also Konstantinos, along with the other dire does seem mostly unchanged across the board and I'm hoping they are updated at some point because they are pretty subpar across the board, with a few exceptions.

18. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Yeah, N2 and N3... :P

I got it finally. MO is the Internet Explorer of Infinity sectorials :P

19. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

Oh that doesn't bode well at all....

20. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Shock Ammo/Shock Immunity/Total Immunity is all kinds of screwed up.

Berjiz, Stiopa and Hiereth like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation