1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yan Huo duo

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Didn't notice the pistol upgrade on the yan huo, good catch!

fun fact: the only IA units without special pistols or melee weapons are the various zhanshis and the zhencha.

2. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

Also, the new clarification on Bioimmunity makes the Yan Huo a LOT beefier.

Breaker goes from BTS (3)/2 to ARM (5) and monofilament weapons can be put against BTS 3 rather than ARM = 0.

Becoming a real consideration for durability.

3. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Where I can find the clarification?

4. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Breaker will cut arm in half as it is ap ammo with bts save so it will be arm 3 instead of bts 2. Monofilament with arm=0 might still work on bts, the same way "armor piercing" ammo work on bts in breaker case.

5. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

I'm basing these assumptions on the below screenshot. Haven't seen the original so can't confirm its veracity.
    Screenshot_20200930-125518_Gallery.jpg

@HellLois can you confirm?

Mahtamori likes this.
  6. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Ok then, this looks promising and would be a nice boon for Yan Huo. If b5 aro is a thing then it would be a prime target for speculo, turning 40% save into 55% is dope.

7. Tzilbalba

Tzilbalba Member

Yan Huo: removed Tin Bot (Neurocinetics) in the Missile Launcher (+1B) loadout. Added “Neurocinetics” skill in that particular loadout

Boy they clarified that fast

HellLois likes this.
  8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think they should just consolidate the ML profiles into a single profile with Total Reaction with the current state of the game :/

10. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Two opportunities to make Yanhuos relevant or merely noteworthy in Invincible Army and the pissed them away.

Tzilbalba and Willen like this.
  11. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

I think a meme condolence is the only meaningful way to honor a meme list dead before its time:

Can we get an "F" in the chat for our thicc bois?

Aldo and Mahtamori like this.
  12. the huanglong

Back to our regular scheduled programming...

upload_2020-9-30_10-39-25.png

#32 the huanglong, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Sedral, Tibooper, Paegis and 5 others like this.
  13. Tzilbalba

Tzilbalba Member

CB giveth and they taketh away, we can only trust that our lord and savior Shang Ji-sus will lead us out of inequity and into the valley of fire lane domination

14. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Just saying... called it. The fact that some people tried to defend it as being reasonable is ridiculous.

15. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

I don't think anybody actually expected it would stick. But I stand by it being reasonable considering its cost and weaknesses.

16. the huanglong

Ridiculous? It would have been straight-up crumpled by elementary smoke trick. It has no way of reducing any of the 15 points of negative BS imposed by Rudy vs through smoke. The current meta is ignoring the smoke, the camo, the surprise shot and now his bloody cover to boot.

Aldo likes this.
  17. Mahtamori

Very much this. Running the numbers on it and even using N4 crits it yielded surprisingly reasonable numbers and got absolutely curb-stomped by Kamau/Grenzer/Bolt for a slightly smaller points investment but much greater SWC investment. Two Husong stacked one above the other is going to perform more lethally against most targets for a much smaller investment.

Maybe I should start doing that - though it's highly terrain dependent.

Aldo and the huanglong like this.
  18. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

I think terrain dependence is the key message here. I love the gimmick as much as everyone else but i can't really imagine a scenario where a platform like the Yan Huo doesn't warp the entire game around it.

The Grenzer and Bolt sniper are scary, but CB have strongly hinted at changing the way links work in the future. I could see Core links changing, but Duos?

19. Mahtamori

With "Surprisingly reasonable" I mean that this 95/3 investment is slightly worse than a buffed Q-Drone against light targets such as a Dakini sniper and slightly better than a buffed Q-Drone against heavy targets such as a Raicho or a CoreKamau, so anyone who's fought Combined before will know roughly how tough it'd be. (There are further conditions that apply, but they should be reasonably easy to figure out and evaluate - such as their respective partners and LOF)

Basically; your meta is already bent into this shape since before Yan Huo came out.

ambisinister likes this.
  20. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond My life is an uncoordinated order

Frankly, I just thought it was interesting, if nothing else. Like, the idea of support-pieces that on their own do very little but are force multipliers or transformers when combined is interesting, and this was a fun combo.

It had clear weaknesses and cost a ton, don't see how its really much. Would it 'warp the game around it,' I mean, yes, in the same way that dropping something else that costs 90 points and a bunch of SWC does. TAGs 'warp the game around them,' after all. It is the nature of big, expensive set-pieces to do that. That's a feature, not a bug, I think.

ambisinister likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation