1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yan Huo duo

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Triumph, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

So the Duo skill just got added to the Yan Huo, and unlike the special Haris it doesn't require FTOs to create a basic Duo for IA.

So now we can do funny shit like this

[​IMG]

Slightly trolly, although we should consider that the Neurocinetics tinbot is something we are capable of switching off and on by breaking and reforming the duo link. So it's conceivable in the active turn you can opt to break the link, BRRT away with the HRMC, then when you're done reform it at the end of the turn and resume the BRRT in your opponents turn.

If we want to be less all in we could also view the Neurocinetics as a way for Wildcards to get access to their max burst without needing to be in a full link. The MSR Haidao is a competent ARO piece even at burst 2. The Yan Huo is about the same cost as giving him 4 Zhanshi to hang out with, but it comes with a second credible and very scary ARO presence with the twin missile launchers that can sit in cover with ARM8 and be difficult to dislodge.

Mc_Clane, ObviousGray, Sedral and 2 others like this.
  2. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

As interesting an option as it sounds, I'm going to wait a bit for CB to iron out the kinks before I commit to buying a ML Yan Huo. I don't know how long something like this will be allowed to last.

3. Triumph

Fair call, that said, I've already got one because it's a cool model.

Stiopa, Willen, Space Ranger and 2 others like this.
  4. Weathercock

As far as the subject of the link itself goes, the HRMC might optimize meme potential, but there's probably more mileage to be gained with a Shang beast. It covers up the biggest vulnerability potentially facing the duo, and provides more utility for when it comes to your own turn.

5. Triumph

Yep, entirely plausible. I think there's actually a bit of depth that can be explored as to what to link with it.

6. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

7. Triumph

the huanglong likes this.
  8. Weathercock

... Oh yeah, this is definitely going to get burnt to the ground.

9. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

As for other duo options: Red fury haidao has probably the more bangs for your bucks, and the dual smg hulang FTO can simply unleash hell at very close range.

edit: I seriously hope it's a feature and not a bug, because this would be the single best answer to IA players's plea about the sectorial's lack of defense :joy:

#9 Sedral, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    Paegis likes this.
  10. Triumph

Sedral likes this.
  11. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I mean, why not? Leave it with us for a season (CB said they will review the data and that "broken" units showed up as not being overpowering in the data, so... give this a chance to happen, foreseen or not).

This is good. It is 100pts, so MORE than elite TAG cost for N4. It is a niche application of two beautiful models, it makes you model your list around it, gives us an arquetype, can be dealt with by common tools (like Smoke and Hacking)...

Come on CB, let me have this. If you reduced the cost of the alien minelayer bugger we can have a Neurocinetic Duo!

Sedral, Paegis and darthchapswag like this.
  12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I had to check, but unfortunately Neurocinetics does not work for Hacking, or I'd have stuck a Shang-Ji HD or Haidao KHD in there.

13. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I don't see how anyone could be concerned about balance here, it will crumple to the oldest trick in the book, Rudy with smoke almost as easily as a 25 pt TR bot. Can't negate any of the negative mods. The only army with something to fear from this build is ironically Invincible Army and maybe MO.

14. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

My Opponent: “Do you have any ARO’s?”

My YanHuo HRMC with neurocinetics:

15. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond My life is an uncoordinated order

I noticed this and raced to tell folks just cus I thought it was so amazing it had to be done. Glad others noticed it.

Is it good? Not really, but its hilarious.

16. SpectralOwl

HRMCs do have that extended 0-band, could be fun to stick a Neurocinetics Duo way off at the back of your DZ to inflict a -6 mod on enemy HMGs between Range and Cover. That puts a reactive Yan Huo HRMC on even dice with a Core-linked ORC.

17. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond My life is an uncoordinated order

You can also always drop out of the fireteam for active turn shooting if necessary, and the missile launchers aren't exactly pushovers either. Honestly, I hope they keep it and experiment with other things that could go in tinbots for rules.

18. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

This is hilarious.

I GOTTA DO THIS ASAP.

Mc_Clane likes this.
  19. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

I have the feeling that they are gonna take this out of the picture on future army/linkteam updates.

If they keep this in some degree it could definitely be interesting for yanhuo. Krit, haidao, quiang-gao, taisheng, cheong-hee-jeong... it brings a lot of interesting combinations

A double ML It's surely a non desirable thing to move forward... but it can give some protection to wildcards as a passive trait on your deployment

#19 Mc_Clane, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That ML Yan Huo did get their pistol upgraded so it's not quite as defenceless up close

Sedral likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation