1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear CB, what should I do with my TWO DaoFei HMG minis?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Benkei, Sep 27, 2020.

1. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

True, but when the new SEF rules came out, the old Gwailo models were badly invalidated. The only thing my Gwailo MULTI Rifle and BSG models are good for now are proxies, and the unit went from a core fireteam to a sectorial-only AVA 1 unit.

2. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

I consider being salty at people for being salty to be part of the problem/just another flavor of salt, so I can agree with almost everything you said, but I still think of this as a salt thread. Given that it devolved into argumentative noise for most of nine goddamned pages, give or take a few posts trying to steer into the skid, I’m not sure what else to call it.

Personally, I get being annoyed at a formerly WYSIWYG model getting punted into proxy territory, but considering how many profiles in this game require kitbashing or proxying on a normal day, the level of annoyance at non-WYSIWYG probably ought to cap off somewhere, especially for a game where the average model retails for about the cost of a meal (exchange rates notwithstanding).

To be quite frank, the thing that bugs me is how much trouble the most vocal Yu Jing forumites seem to have being civil to each other. This is my favorite Infinity faction hands-down, and the least pleasant faction subforum to read. I understand being frustrated about CB handling of Uprising and other stuff, and I understand feeling defensive of CB. What I don’t understand is the mindset that taking it out on other members of the game’s small community is in any way reasonable. Literally none of the people arguing here seem to have accomplished anything positive, and as Benkei observed there’s no point.

I could mute the biggest offenders, but unfortunately for me they’re often people who post things I really appreciate when they aren’t being salt miners. This subforum has a bunch of clever people who clearly care about this hobby a lot, and they might be charming IRL, but you can’t tell half the time.

To me that’s a much bigger bummer than literally anything being argued about here. Maybe I’m the outlier though.

3. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Gwailos, and the Shasvastii case in general, are an awfully unique one. The Gwailos we have now are vastly different from the profile that came before it, and it helps that the original models are old as dirt and long out of production anyway.

I think the more relevant complaint for Shasvastii releases at the moment is how the Code 1 box for them isn't legally usable in Code 1. But that's a different oversight.

4. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

This. I wish I could give more likes to this. This is my favourite faction. I like this forum, I think you're probably all a bunch of really cool people IRL, and I think there are a lot of good ideas and discussions being had, but I wish people would just show some more chill. Honestly, we were doing pretty well post-N4 besides this thread.

And that isn't just directed at YJ forumites, but also people who come in to stir the hornet's nest. Like @Weathercock said, this could have easily just been a quick vent, over and done with, but it's been dragged into an overlong joke.

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

People showing up in threads with no arguments other than "haha YJ SALT OMG!!ONE" are usually the reason threads get derailed when some YJ players reason why they don't like something only to get the "but YJ salt" answer over and over again, with absolutely 0 counter arguments or reasoning behind.
    I think this forum's reaction to N4 has been very positive with almost no complaining and I still see people in other subforums or Discord saying "OMG YJ forum is full of salt!!" or "YJ got Super Jump Guijia and they are complaining", then I come here and I can't find that salt/complains. I must confess I made this thread as a sarcastic jab but also as bait for that kind of people and, what do you know, it worked like a charm.

P. D: I rarely see in other subforums the amount of tactical reflections and well argumented theorycrafting I find here.

6. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

It was a pretty tame thread until post #7.

toadchild likes this.
  7. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

^ I concur, which is why I keep coming back, but it feels like a...uh...“high risk/high reward” experience some days. Opinionated people gonna opine, I suppose.

8. archon

archon Well-Known Member

So an unwritten (for public) rule, that says: Make no TAG below 50 pts ... maybe, but still not statisfiying.
    In this case I will do the same, cool Combi-Gecko is now MMR Gecko - better than playing no Gecko :expressionless:

Spitfire_TheCat likes this.
  9. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Dunno if it's an unwritten rule, but after some leaked profiles I told a friend of mine that this will lead to Gecko costing something below 50. This did not happen because of ARM6 and the MMR-profile (and Damage +2). So I assume otherwise they were too cheap.

There are several profiles around that look like "extra rules and equipment piled upon so that they don't become cheaper".

archon likes this.
  10. archon

archon Well-Known Member

But ts not the money alone. Its kinda luxery problem, right. We are (at least I and my friends) celebrating this Hobby with passion, I have many minis to paint and now I not even spend money and time to make it good looking on the table, buy another one to being able to play WYSIWIG and in the end I have to discard one or proxy one (and an HMG is a bad MR or BSG proxy (unless you play Aleph were the new big beatstick aka BSG is often mistaken as the HMG, wich is tiny (look at Yadu))). I have bigger problems IRL, for sure, but in the gaming sphere it sits not well to make minis obsolet. And I not do much kitbashing with metal minis, because usualy I have no spare parts and I don´t want to knife my painted minis.

11. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Zhanshis!:face_with_rolling_eyes:

12. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

We need to find that person and flog them!

13. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

atomicfryingpan likes this.
  14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

There are definitely some price floors in the game; a couple CA models got increases to keep their cheapest versions from falling below 14 points.

I do think that giving the Geckos and Xeodrons marksman ranges instead of rifle ranges is a nice buff, though. Being unable to effectively engage outside 16” in the active turn was always a challenge for me with that class of model.

15. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I am totally thinking about checking if I can use this "spare" HMG arm to mount a ShanJi HMG... we know we are going to is it a lot.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  16. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

10 pages to say "Proxy for spitfire". Is this a new record?

17. Triumph

Pretty sure that was said on page 1 exactly 7 posts in and it kicked off this fight.

18. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Why is it a fight?

19. Triumph

Do you classify the last 10 pages of shitflinging as something else?

20. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

There was that Shang Ji statue that was being made. I know it fell through, but doesn't that mean the CAD resources are all ready to go? Might as well wait, I feel like it won't be too long till we get a mini.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation